June is for JuiceFeasting!(46day liquid diet)BROKEN;videoadd

from what I know, the simple fact of losing weight -- and you are -- is enough to have bad breath. I thought you knew all the symptoms of detox ? Basically, it's about the same symptoms that a person can feel when intoxicating herself -- getting in bad toxins into the body and flowing in the blood can give headaches just like getting the toxins out of the body. The fat is burning and melting, with everything that was in it, it leaves by urine, sweat, ass, in the breath and from everywhere.

You can try to wash your mouth with liquid concentrate chlorophyll, and, even better, drink some everyday as an internal deodorant; I guess it's better if it's in the morning on empty stomach but I guess you can put some in your green smoothies too-- that's what I will do.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it in a health food store. Mine is a bottle of 500ml for 10 bucks and it lasts long, since you only need to use a few tablespoons each time. Ingredients are : pure water, and concentrated chlorophyll from alfalfa. It's unflavoured and green, there's some that are mint flavoured.

Thank you kindly both Amy and Raw Tennis for the articles and information you both sent to me. The whole ketosis thing is just like I thought and obviously is not my issue. As far as that type of diet goes Raw Tennis, pre comp, it's not a bad idea and come mid-late fall when I intend on such a thing, I will most likely be sticking to something similar. Helps to dehydrate as well (bbing comps)

I'm Your Man, yeh I know of the detox symptoms and I expected bad breath but the whole having it smell like 'pot' really bugged me out, that's all. I've had the bad breath before when cleansing and fasting but no one ever came up to me and told me my breath smelled like marijuana, was just weird, that's all.

As far as the liquid chlorophyll goes, the algaes contain more chlorophyll than anything else on this planet, what's wrong with getting it straight from them? I have heard of those supplements before but I didn't buy into them. Just didn't sound right to me. I'm not really into extracts.

I'm Your Man and Lena, that is amazing news that you are both starting this week, this is gonna be so cool. You're gonna feel out of this world. We're gonna have like one big happy juice feasting community all over the blogs! I can't wait to read about how you both fare.

yeh phillipeb, that's what people were telling me that even if they smoked, their breath didn't smell like it. Okay, i'm over it at the moment before this thread goes to pot!

Back to the feast....

Tomorrow I w/b taking progress pictures, as I finished my 50 day workout and am going to test my 1rm. My left right shoulder has taken a bit of a beating from all the aggressive training so I need to lighten up after this as it's a little sore in a bad way. It usually happens when I go very heavy for a long period of time and goes away when i stop fairly quickly. Point is, i'm excited to see and display my progres this time around as bf loss comes into play as well as lbm increase

Forgot to mention that ever since I began feasting, from day one, I have been sleeping MUCH better and falling asleep and waking up naturally and with the need for at least 2hrs less of sleep each night, feeling fully refreshed and alive when I arise. ALSO, extremely lucid dreams almost every single night and it's like my body goes into dream land when i lay down before i even shut down. It's weird, I like 'hear' my dreams before I fall asleep. Loud inner noise that comes from nowhere and then I conk out and it feels like i've slept 24hrs when i wake up without that oversleeping feeling. I looked up others on the juice feast on other blogs and sites to find out that many experience the exact same thing COOL!

Monday, June 16th, Day SIXTEEN

Morning Weight: 194lbs

Bodyfat: 12%

These figures are off, probably b/c I consumed alot right before I went to bed but I hadn't taken in much during the day so I wanted to get a big blend in before I went to sleep. I felt heavy and full when I woke up. The bf is def off as I have much less now than when i started out. The figures usually level themselves out over a couple of days...

Today's Intake

-64oz organic fruit juice blend (6 organic bananas)

-464 grams of spirulina/chlorella blend in 150oz water; that's OVER A LB OF ALGAE!

-2 1/2 shots of fresh wheatgrass juice from 'Pure Food and Wine' juice bar. Who said you

can't dine out on a juice feast?

-24oz fruit juice blend (1 young thai coconut, 1/4 organic lime, 1 cup frozen wild blueberries)

-44oz organic juice blend (1 whole baby organic watermelon)

Bought Today[/u]

Was out of greens and some other stuff, went to town....

-Organic Peppermint and Spearmint direct from the nyc farmer's market.

-Organic Burdock Root

-Organic Purple Kale

-Organic Dandelion Greens

-Organic Celery

-Organic Collard Greens

-Organic Red Swiss Chard

-Organic Watercress

-Organic Lemons

-Organic baby plums (i'm going to dehydrated them to make the prunes I will eat in portland

on July 16th to break the fast. They looked soooo good.

-Organic Canteloupe

-Organic Quinoa for rejuvelac

I feel like i'm forgetting to list something but the produce is in the fridge and not by where I am right now. I'll add to the list if anything.

The strawberries in nyc farmer's market look phenomenal and were in abundance but they were all sprayed so i opted not to get any and stick to my frozen organic ones from Trader Joes.

Dani, in case you were curious, the bill came out to $43.26 for everything.

Tuesday June 17th, DAY SEVENTEEN ( i think I just keep spelling out the days because I feel it's more dramatic! )

Today marks a huge day for me in many ways. For one, I have never ever gone more than 17 days without solid food in my entire lifetime, so as of tomorrow, this will be the longest fast/feast!!!! Secondly, I go for 285lb bp and if I get it up, it will mean I have successfully increased my 1rm bench press from 235lb to 285lb (+50) in 50 days, all whilst losing ALOT of bf thanks to this feast in particular...

Morning Weight: 194lbs

Bodyfat: 11%

-Performed 2 bag enema flush.

Today's Intake

-72oz organic vegetable juice blend (organic watercress, organic lemon, 2 organic green

apples, 1 conventional avocado, organic dandelions, organic spearmint, organic peppermint,

organic collards) due to the mints, this was the best smelling and most flavorful one yet.

Several people tried it at work and loved it!

-16oz fruit juice blend (1 cup frozen durian)

-27oz organic juice blend made in the greenstar (organic watercress, organic dandelions,

organic collards, organic burdock root, organic celery)

-174 grams of algae in 32oz water packed alot in a little water, hardcore, so hardcore!

-32oz fruit juice blend (1 young thai coconut, 1/2 organic lime, 2 1/2 cups wild frozen

blueberries)

-24oz organic fruit juice blend (2 organic grapefruits, 2 organic oranges)

I also find it truly amazing that I have been feeling way fuller than I ever have on a completely liquid/ fruit and veg juice diet as well as having absolute appetite control and not craving excess calories.......

43.26 huh? thats really cheap for everything youjust said. see, i dunno if it's my location or what, but i cannot afford for all of my produce to be organic, and you are dfinately comsuming more of it that i would. thats a pretty sweet deal for you.

i cannot WAIT to see these pictures. hurry up!

how'd you do with your bench? 50lb in 50 days? thats pretty amazing. i should try to set a goal like that. a-freaking-mazing all around. keep it up!

I agree with thendanisays, I can't afford neither to buy only organic foods. I do it for the ones that are about the same price than the non-organic, or up to maybe 30% more... but there's some organic fruits and greens that are way too expensive, like apples, celery, broccoli... or maybe it's just that the non-organic are very cheap!

I think this is something really odd but really interesting. I'm really eager to see the results because if this works great, I'll try something similar when I go to a cutting phase.

It seems like you're having a great time and losing weight at a superb rate. You should be a nutritionist for overweight people or something!

Thanks Dani, Guillame and Tuc!

Dani yes and yes. Pics are now officialy up, I have included a quick link to them in my sig, partly b/c i'm pretty proud of myself right now. I got the 50lbs in 50days, huge success. Lifted 285lb and it went up very slow but with a steady push the whole way up. Time to give my body a lil rest from all the heavy lifting my poor impinged right weaker shoulder desparately needs it. Hopefully not longer than two weeks to fully recover. I think it was the overly heavy negative that did it...

Guillame and Dani, I think you may have a point brother man, the non organic is just that cheap not that the organic is that expensive but perhaps it is more expensive in other areas??? avg bunch of greens is anywhere from around 2-3 bucks here and fruits and pretty cheap at trader joes (but they have NO greens whatsoever), so i only get fruits from them when i can, like tomorrow i will, a whole bunch needed.

Tuc, so far so good. What do you mean by a tad bit strange? Do you mean like the concept of no more chewing of foods? Man it may be intense but let me tell you, it is very transforming. Tomorrow marks the longest i've ever gone without consuming solids. May I rest easy and sublime knowing that tonight. I would love to be a weight loss coach. My problem is I takes things to such extremes that sometimes it can be hard for me to dole out simple advice but I have gotten better with that.

Thank you all for continuing to support me. It's so refreshing to hear from others every day or other day on this blog. Keeps me going and makes me believe that I am influencing and making a difference in other's dietary habits and beliefs in such techniques.

If the old me approached the new me and heard this diet, I would've laughed and not believed you could have unlimited energy and growth on such a regimen. So I would imagine it's good for others to see this.

Okay, well still going strong and today is a very special day for me.... This is officially the longest amount of time I have ever gone without solid food! Just goes to show, if you truly put your mind to something and dedicate, you can do anything you want. I am so high on life, so happy, so, well just everything keeps getting better and better!

Wednesday June 18th, DAY EIGHTEEN

Morning Bodyweight: 193lbs (-1lb)

Bodyfat: 10% (-1%)

-Performed 2 bag enema flush. Most vigorous release yet. I think that extra algae from two days ago has finished performing it's madness and pulled out alot of garbage from my system. I could've used another bag but I was happy with just two.

Also, Still waking up full from the day before every morning.....

Today's Intake

-26oz fruit juice blend (2 cups frozen durian) I usually like to kick start with a veggie juice

or blend but my body was craving a fruit juice, probably for the sugar as I played an hr of

racquetball last night after my workout.

-25oz fruit juice blend (1 young thai coconut, 1/4 organic lime, 1 cup frozen organic

raspberries, 1 cup frozen organicf strawberries) WOW, beautiful color, beautiful taste. A

little to cold, brain freeze

-30oz organic vegetable JUICE in the greenstar (organic watercress, organic ginger, organic

purple kale, organic collards, organic chard, organic celery, organic burdock root, organic

dandelions).

-232 grames spirulina/chlorella blend in 75oz water.

-70oz organic fruit juice blend (5 organic bananas, 1 1/2 cups frozen montmorency tart

cherries)

Bought Today

Total cost: $58

-4 bags of frozen organic raspberries

-4 bags of frozen organic strawberries

-4 bags of frozen wild blueberries

-2 bags of organic oranges

-1 bag of organic grapefruits

-1 bag of organic gala apples

MORE, really went nutso today, want to be fully stocked for awhile!

Approx combined bills from separate stores $85

-1 bunch organic lacinto kale

-1 bunch organic dandelion greens

-Organic Burdock Root

-Organic Sunchoke

-Organic Garlic pack of 5

-1 sizable piece of organic ginger

-1 bunch organic watercress

-1 bunch organic celery

-1 head of organic yellow/orange cauliflower

-1 bunch organic red swiss chard

-1 bunch organic rainbow swiss chard

-1 bunch Lychee Nuts (they're fruit, a berry with skin and a nut in the middle you don't use..)

-1 40lb box of organic bananas

-1 bunch organic cilantro

-2 more boxes of baby organic plums to make prunes out of to break the feast next month

I feel like there may be some more I need to add to this list but this is what I can recall as it is all put away and i'm tired.

I'm working from 9am-8pm tomorrow so prepared a cooler full of juices to take with me already, gotta get those calories in to stay energized and active!

June 19th, Day NINETEEN

Morning Weight: 193lbs

Performed 2 bag enema flush

Today's Intake

-20oz fruit juice blend (1 cup wild frozen blueberries, 1 young thai coconut, 1/4 organic lime)

-50oz organic fruit juice blend (6 ogranic bananas, 1 cup frozen montmorency tart cherries)

-232grams of spirulina/chlorella blend in 60oz water

-32oz organic fruit juice (organic orange/grapefruits)

-12oz fruit juice blend (1 cup frozen montmorency tart cherries)

I will admit, the past 2-3 days, the idea of biting into a fresh piece of fruit has been on the brain. It's only natural as i've done nothing but liquids the past 19 days, right? I'm not worried and it wasn't a weak moment, it was more like a gosh, it sure would be nice to chew on something, next month will be awesome!

Also, body odor has improved which was something I have never experienced by clenasing or eating raw. Just yesterday I noticed right before i went to douse myself with essential oil before i lifted that I didn't need it, my pits were not emitting any odor whatsoever. This morning I woke up and I usually have a smell under my arms when I wake up but not today when I arose! coooooooooooooooooooool

ou know it is the weirdest thing. Certain days here and there (not many but tonight was one of those days), I have a craving at night for more intake, more juice, more substance but I hold back as I am restricting right now and I don't want to constantly overeat, especially since I am trying to continue and lean out. BUT when I wake up the morning after, like today, I feel so full and cannot bear the thought of consuming anything for a while. I usually just drink before it starts to get late in the day and then my appetite opens up. Any Thoughts on this?? Boggles the mind! I feel like that, oh m gosh I just had so much to eat, my throat feels full and i can't eat for awhile, why did i consume so much....

Yesterday was a very long day at work so that's why the log may have looked a little sparse detail wise....

Friday, June 20th DAY TWENTY

Morning Weight: 192lbs (-1lb) I stabilized for a week or so now i'm ready to cut down some calories and lose more weight. I got the bench press I was looking to do and so it's time to break from heavy lifting and cut up some.

-Performed 2 bag enema flush

Today's Intake

-20oz Organic Vegetable JUICE made in the greenstar (organic kale,

organic watercress, organic burdock root, organic sunchoke, organic ginger, organic swiss

chards, organic dandelion greens, organic cilantro)AHHHHH Ginger overload! Too much; i'm going to make a veggie juice blend mix it in and have it throughout the day.

-60oz organic fruit juice blend (6 organic bananas, 1 3/4 cups frozen organic strawberries)

-24oz fruit juice blend (4 convention bananas) needed something pronto after all my long job

and racquetball.

-32oz fruit juice blend (2 1/2 cups frozen durian)

-32oz fruit juice blend (1 young thai coconut, 1/8 organic lime, 1/2 cup wild frozen blueberries,

1/2 cup frozen organic raspberries)

-25oz organic fruit juice blend (3 organic oranges, 3/4 organic grapefruit)

-116 grams of spirulina/chlorella blend in 40oz water

-16oz organic vegetable juice blend (organic kale, organic watercress, organic swiss chards,

organic dandelion greens, organic cilantro, 1 organic lemon, 2 organic gala apples, 1 organic

avocado)

As you can see I took in more fruit juices than veggie juices today. I think after that overload of ginger in the morning veggie juice, I just wanted fruit juice and then after 4 hours of cardio , all i wanted was fruit)

Hey there I saw your pictures somewhere. You've really made great changes. It's awesome!!

I just sneaked in to say that I had to leave the juice feasting I ran out of protein powders and there's no place in this city where I can get one without whey. I started to eat tofu and nuts again. I think I will leave it for home where I will have time and spirulina.

You have a huge dedication and will power. Rock on!!

Hey there I saw your pictures somewhere. You've really made great changes. It's awesome!!

I just sneaked in to say that I had to leave the juice feasting I ran out of protein powders and there's no place in this city where I can get one without whey. I started to eat tofu and nuts again. I think I will leave it for home where I will have time and spirulina.

You should have just put the tofu or nuts in the blender with the fruits/veggies

You should have just put the tofu or nuts in the blender with the fruits/veggies

I did that with other things but I feel it just to be the same as if I chew well enough.

(Oh ma godz Giacomo, sorry for hijacking your thread too )

Perhaps you clicked on the progress link in my signature? Thank you for all the positive support and compliments! I am curious to see what i'll look like when it's all said and done. I used 175lbs as a rough estimate of where I want to be but it all depends, you can't go by numbers, gotta go by appearance, ya know? By the way, there has been a Lena LOOKALIKE workout out in my gym and it's driving me nuts! She is there every night, what the heck? You;re better looking anyway; I feel like telling her there is only one Lena and stop coming in here looking like her.

Awwww Lena, really? That's unfortunate. I mean, there's no reason why you cannot thrive on one without protein powders. But you're leaving in a few weeks to visit the fam right? But hey listen girl, I would have absolutely no problem shipping you some as early as this monday if you needed. I could give you spirulina, chlorella or a blended mixture of both. I always hook up friends with my personal stash as I can always order another 100lbs when it is up. I would tell you to pm me but they don't work yet too well on the forum so you could always email me on my profile link... It would be cheaper than you'd be getting it anywhere by a significant amount as I get a deep discount for my affiliation and bulk dealing with the company.

Oh and you are certainly not hijacking my blog but if anyone was, I would want them to be you and cubby

Your post got me really happy and laughing. You can tell the girl that but she's probably hardworking if she's going every night. Besides... only if she dances to the music that's on at the gym between sets and then looks around to check that nobody saw her, then she's like me

About the chlorella and spirulina, I really appreciate your offer; that's vewy nice But really now I'm just leaving and I'll be into spirulina, soy and who-knows-what-other-crazy-green-protein very soon back home. Maybe when I come back I will get to you on that. Thanks again!!

I won't be having a 100% juice feast but the time I was in it I rediscovered my love for gorgeous smoothies like the banana/orange/strawberry one and a pomegranate/berries/kiwi/banana one yum!!! Then now I'll be eating solid just what I need to, and probably go crazy and put the tofu in the blender as I'm your man says.

Lena. She does NOT DANCE and she DOES NOT work hard, just prances around, so no she is not you. There can only be one! I figured you wouldn't need any since you were going away but I had to offer. When you get back, i'm always around. The offer is always there if you need any. Got no problem hooking you up! Those smoothies sound really good, I should try them asap! Just need to get some kiwi. I'm going to pick up some Mamey as per your recommendation. Any suggestions for a smoothie? I've only tried it solo a few times to see what it tastes like.

Saturday June 21st, DAY TWENTY ONE

Morning Weight: 191lbs (-1lb) The scale kept ticking from 190-191 so i chose the of

the two, as it registered more often.

Bodyfat: 10%

-Performed 2 bag enema flush

Today's Intake

-32oz fruit juice blend (1 young thai coconut, 1/8th organic lime, 1/2 cup frozen wild

blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen organic raspberries).

-232 grams spirulina/chlorella in 50oz water.

-64oz organic juice blend (9 organic bananas)

-100oz organic vegetable juice blend (2 organic lemons, 4 organic gala apples, 1 conventional

avocado, organic watercress, organic dandelions, organic cilantro, organic swiss chards,

organic kale, organic bok choy)

It's good that you don't always lose weight or not too fast. I suppose it's a good thing to lose some bf during this juice fasting as it cleans more the body (more toxins leave the body with the fat than if we don't burn fat I suppose?). After the juice feast are you gonna bulk up again for another several months or you'll have a short break?

From what I've read I think that sometimes you take your chlorella/spirulina pownder in just plain water with nothing else? I guess the taste is not ideal but it gives the most efficient and fastest digestibility and assimilation possible because there's no fruits. But with greens it woud be fine too.

To lose some? How bout losing it all! I am trying to lose it slowly though but consistently. Obviously I will lose some muscle as well and the lower your bf becomes, the more lbm you lose when shedding even more lb for lb or at least that is what i've gathered from experience and such.

I may bulk up a little bit after vv08' when i return but only for about another 1 1/2 months and i will still stay fairly lean. I will continue to work hard, even harder. Not bulking, dieting down and putting in gruesome workouts. That would probably make the mid to end of october and ideal time for me to compete. I feel that i'm too small to make a huge presence but I really want to do my thing as a vegan and present myself to the public, you know?

As far as the spirulina and chlorella...? I ALWAYS consume it with water and water only Like you said, it's easier to digest but mainly for me, it's easy to chug it down and load up. Smoothies can get thick and it it can really clump up the fruit when you put a ton in like I do. As far as in the green smoothies, i HATE HATE HATE the way algaes and vegetables taste together personally. It's a horrible mix imo. My recommendation is to either put a little and mix with fruit or if you go in excess of 3 tablespoons, def just with water

Oh well then she's not like me... *sigh*

So you're buying mamey???!! Hum there's no way I can get some here but I will be soon eating it at home. As of recommendations, I'm just thinking that a almond milk/mamey smoothie is probably awesome. Guava and mamey certainly is. Mamey, pineapple and banana sounds great to me also. I just like to mix stuff out of the top of my head. I hope you enjoy my favorite fruit!!!! lol

Today I'm going to use some great part of my time preparing smoothies and stuff so I can go back to the feast. I'll figure out something with my protein. I just have to wait for the roommate to wake up by herself. I still have a berries/kiwi one.

As far as the spirulina and chlorella...? I ALWAYS consume it with water and water only Like you said, it's easier to digest but mainly for me, it's easy to chug it down and load up. Smoothies can get thick and it it can really clump up the fruit when you put a ton in like I do. As far as in the green smoothies, i HATE HATE HATE the way algaes and vegetables taste together personally. It's a horrible mix imo. My recommendation is to either put a little and mix with fruit or if you go in excess of 3 tablespoons, def just with water

If i put let's say 20g spirulina in my fruit smoothie do you think i will have digesting problems?

How much time after drinking the spirulina - water mix ,do you eat your next meal ?

Do you take it split through the day or once?

Ugh, I am getting the whole your breath reeks like pot responses again all day and night long at work yesterday. Drives me CRAZY! I don't smoke and there is no reason for it. Interestingly enough, I asked others who didn't accuse me and they said you're breath does smell like something very unique and different and I could see the correlation but no that's not a geniune marijuana smell. I think it is because the average person doesn't consume copious amounts of all varieties of vegetable all day long, so the smell of my breath and sweat is far different and unusual from the 'norm' in society. I noticed I only get these sorts of responses on days like yesterday when I took in more vegetable juice than normal for me.

Also I got the official name 'Juice Boy' from one of my co workers And no longer are people telling me I have gotten 'bigger', now the overwhelming observation is various different compliments all focused around the word 'muscular'. Love it! Although I lost 12 lbs someone told me it looked like I gained alot of weight and have been lifting and i look great. Goes to show, less bf = more visible muscles and sharper looking physique.

If i put let's say 20g spirulina in my fruit smoothie do you think i will have digesting problems?

How much time after drinking the spirulina - water mix ,do you eat your next meal ?

Do you take it split through the day or once?

I don't see why that would cause digestive problems. If you want to be safe, start off with a 10gram serving and after doing that for a week or two, go for 20grams. I always tell people to start off in small amounts and work your way up to higher amounts to get your body used to it. Personally, I generally take in about 116grams at a time and aim for 2 of those a day and if i'm feeling sassy, i'll get an extra one or two of those in. For what i'm looking to do right now, restricting calories somewhat, I think 232grams a day (about 920 calories), is more than enough.

I like to consume at the gym as if i'm home sometimes i'll brush it off for a fruit smoothie or something, you know? I would probably say at least an hour break in betweem the spirulina mix and your next meal. Not crucial but after a big spirulina smoothie, I don't usually feel the need for anything else for a bit. There are times when i'll immediately eat right afterwards but not usually..