What's for breakfast?

What do you wake up to?

For me, it is usually always a banana first, because I like to mash it up in my mouth and then pop a multivitamin pill. It's always easier for me to swallow pills when eating bananas or applesauce.

I also usually have a big bowl of oatmeal. I like to have juice in the morning but since I have the bladder of a 5 year old, I'll have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes for the next 8 hours if I have just an 8 ounce glass of juice or water. Shame.

If it is a quick breakfast, I'll eat a clif bar or odwalla bar, an apple, or something like that.

When I sleep in and it is more like 10AM than 6AM, I like to eat organic flaxseed waffles and maybe a protein smoothie or some breakfast tofu.

Peanut butter sandwiches are also nice mid morning.

What about the rest of you? What's for breakfast?

Every morning for me is an oatmeal morning. I just take between a cup and a cup and a half of oats and some raisins. I eat it as soon as I get to work and I just add hot water and let it sit for 10 mins.

Some days I will eat some almonds or an apple/other fruit right after I finish the oatmeal as well.

I make a hemp protein smoothie. it is all raw and has a ton of high quality fat and protein

2 cups water

1 organic banana

1/2 organic pear

1/2 cup organic berries

1 tablespoon raw hemp seed oil

1 tablespoon flax seeds

1 tablespoon sunflower seed

1 tablespoon pumpkin seed

1 tablespoon sesame seed

2 tablespoons raw hemp protein powder

2 raw egg yolks from organic chickens fed a diet high in omega 3's (i know not vegan, but I am not vegan)

i include high qauality raw dairy products from pasture raised animals on a all grass diet

i usually purchase these products from farmers markets

i am lacto-ovo by the way

Always a huge glass of water, and then some oatmeal and some fruit. Sometimes I will make a smoothie with a banana, rice milk, rice protein, and some flax meal. I got this good recipe out of this vegan diet/nutrition book I am reading called EAt To Live, called Banana fluff.

1 banana, 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk (or rice milk), dash vanilla extract

Place soymilk in food processor and add one banana slice at a time, sprinkle with ground flax seeds.

It's really good you guys should def try it.

i prefer bananas, one or two large glasses of orange juice. also cornflakes with soy milk. unfortunately i'm a lazy bastard so i don't have breakfast as often as i should have (hope that was a correct english sentence )

2 raw egg yolks ...i usually purchase these products from farmers markets

i am lacto-ovo by the way

Hey Vegmister!!

Great to see that you are not supporting the cruelty of battery (egg) farms, but I guess you do not realize what eggs really are, cuz I think if you did, you would be ed and turned off by eggs.

Eggs, my friend, are the menstrual waste of a hen.

So if you wouldn't perform oral sex on a menstruating woman (or hen), then you might as well if you eat eggs!!!! (i know, it's nasty).

Most people, even vegans, are not aware that eggs are the menstrual waste of a hen.

Sorry if I shocked you, but I know I was shocked when I first found out, and let me tell you, there is nothing that appeals to me about the idea of eating the menstrual waste of a hen (who had to die for you to eat it).

It's a lose - lose situation, for both you and the hen

• 1 month later...