Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 850 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: canoed, sped up
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:41 pm 
Elephant

Was off line for a couple of nights as my daughter and I went camping. Yesterday we had a 2 & 1/2 hours of open water canoe paddling. My shoulders were sore and I got a few spots of sunburn, in spite of generous SPF.

So that I wouldn't aggravate the sunburns on my knees and ankles I wore heavy black sweats on my 2 mile run just now. The sweat pants, the 92f blazing Sun ( I'm allergic), paddling rather than running yesterday, forgetting lunch today and shaving a minute off, down to 25, made the 8 laps seem grueling.

Trying to remember what I ate in the last few days taxes this old hippy's brain. Pb on ww, black bean soup, lentil soup, tortilla chips, salsa, oj, cashews, raw almonds, ryekrisp, chai, psylium, lettuce, pickled beets and other pickled vegies (Amish country) Quantities are not mentioned in my food journaling, but I try and be moderate, or at least not gluttonous. I'm going to have a banana, blueberry, chocolate soy smoothy now and fried tofu after a little while.

Post subject: weights
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:20 pm 
Elephant

Finally put some plates and bars together. Just played around for a few minutes.
bench 10 x 100
incline 3 x 100
squats 10 x 100
alt curls 20 x 25
alt rev curls 20 x 25
alt shrugs 20 x 25

Body said: " I remember this."
Rotators still seem delicate from bench machine 5 yrs ago.

Had cashews and fried plantain late last night.
Ate pb/ww, psylium, multi, strawberry-banana-pb-choc-soy&rice milk smoothy, emergenC, cherry-apple juice earlier today. Planning steamed tofu and cauliflower with brown rice, and a lettuce mung sprout salad w o/v for dinner. Chai, about 2 pints a day, includes 1/4 rice and or unsweetened soy milk, sometimes green cardamon, sometimes fresh grated ginger, always a heaping spoon of black Assam tea per pint. It's been in the 90s and I've been loving drinking more water.

Post subject: strides
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:12 am 
Elephant

Added strides to the final stretch of my 2 miles this morning. That was fun! I'll add them earlier next time. Still took 25 minutes. Felt strong the whole jog, after the first lap warmed me up. It's nice and cool, relative to the last few days, though humid, and the track was soaked in places.

Had cashews and green olives for my snack last night. This morn a tiny bit of oatmeal w/maple and marg, chai, multi. Now I'll have psylium, chai and pb/ww for "brunch." Drinking much water.

That's 7 runs in 2 weeks again, the point at which I first injured my self two months ago. Still have a small bump on the shin, but no added sensitivity there. Ached a tiny bit last night after yesterdays 1st lift, but almost none now.

Post subject: Thai yoga massage
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:03 pm 
Elephant

Had an incredible Thai yoga massage this morning. I miss Thailand!

Had 1/2 a stout beer and ryekrisp w/pb late last night, oatmeal w/ cinamon and margarine for breakfast, a juice box, pb on ww w/salsa&chips for a late lunch. Chai, psylium and a multi of course.

Post subject: Re: a new start
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:51 pm 
Elephant

2 miles took a little less time today, around 24 mins. Did some strides a little earlier on, which sure made it harder to finish. I'm feeling kind of off after my run today, and feel dizzy.
Had fried potatoes for dinner and some guacamole and chips for a snack yesterday. Today I had a banana/pb/ricemilk smoothy and chai prerun then oatmeal, psylium and the multi. For lunch I had brown rice and garbonzos. Now I'm going to have guacamole and chips.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:23 pm 
Elephant

Breakfast was oatmeal w/cin/marg, tea. Lunch was falafel, pita, pickled turnip, tahini, lemon juice, red rooster hot sauce. Home grown salad at my Mom's 92 bd party. PB/banana/ww, tortilla chips for late dinner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:19 pm 
Elephant

2 mls in under 23 min today!
Oatmeal w/cin/marg/banana, tea, psylium, multi for breakfast. Falafel sandwich lunch. Cherry-apple/pb/banana smoothy an hour before run. Planning on tea and chips, avo on ww, w/lettuce and nayonaise next.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:45 pm 
Elephant

Last night boiled soybeans (frozen), banana/pb. Today oatmeal w/marg/banana/cin, tea. Lunch was guac and chips, dinner was fried cauliflower and mung sprouts. Less tea/caffeine the last couple days. I need soy or rice milk to make palatable the very strong tea I prefer and I've had none in the house for a couple of days.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:50 pm 
Elephant

19 minutes?! I must have skipped a lap. I can't believe I did 2mls that much quicker and guess it was 1.75. Though, I paced much faster than usual and tried to do some strides but was only able to run slightly faster for a short distance a few times and then slowed to a walk for a moment. I felt like barfing afterwards.

Oatmeal for breakfast w/marg/cin/ban. A few chips, another banana and some cherry-apple juice was all I had since then. Boiled frozen soy beans, steamed broccoli, brown rice and salad is what I plan on eating for the rest of the day. My caffeine/tea consumption is low.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:46 pm 
Elephant

First real gorge/glut in weeks last night. Several portions of hash browns from the George Foreman grill with salsa. I'd eaten less than 1,000 calories earlier in the day, but the potatoes were more than that. Today I had pb/ww/ban breakfast with psylium and the multi. For lunch I'm enjoying guac and chips. I'm going outside to pick cherries next!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:22 pm 
Elephant

Well it's true, 2 mls now takes me about 20 minutes. I tried to add some strides in the final stretch but only was able to speed up a few steps a couple of times, though I didn't slow to a recovery walk until the very end. I didn't feel AS nauseous afterwards as last time.

While I haven't lost much weight, if any, though my calories have been way down, my waist is 2 1/2" less now. This isn't entirely surprising as I usually have gained weight with any regular exercise and rarely have I gotten the diet together at the same time. Though my intermediate goal is still 187 lbs, if I end up a slim 210# that will be ok!

Yesterday I finished the day with black beans and brown rice, later I had ww cous cous and uduki beans. After I had a midnight porter I fell prey to a bag of fat pretzels and a jar of pb, with which I woke up in bed! (no Freudian analysis please) Today I had a tea, then a cherry-apple juice/banana/pb smoothy and the psylium before the jog. Now I'm going to snarf a plate of hash browns, black bean salsa and the multi.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:51 pm 
Elephant

alternating 21# dumbbells
both sides 1 set
20 incl bp
20 standing press
20 curls
15 rev curls
15 bench flyers
15 rib cage extensions
15 shrugs
15 donkey kick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:20 pm 
Elephant

Last night broccoli, salad, tomato sauce, a little pasta, ww toast.
Today pb/ww/ban, tea, multi, edamame. Dinner will be avo on ww w/nayonaise after psylium. Oh yea, cherries warm from the Sun. It's a bumper cherry crop on our tree this year!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:49 pm 
Elephant

Ban/pb/ww ginger tea, psylium, multi for breakfast. Humus on pita w/pickled turnips, salad was lunch. Now a cherry-apple juice, ban/pb/cocoa smoothy.

2 miles in 20 minutes with a few strides in the final stretch.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:19 pm 
Elephant

Oatmeal w/cin/marg/maple, tea, psylium, multi. Falafel sandwich. Avo w/mustard on ww, a pretzel. Next, cher/ap juice ban/pb/cocoa smoothy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 850 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next