fitness food diary

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man Emmy, sounds like a great routine last workout! Love it.

I'm liking the variety of fruits and veggies as well. Very nice.....

btw not sure if i mentioned earlier but frsh coconut water right from a cracked coconut is best (young ones but all water is beneficial, they have the most inside) but if you don't have access, a packaged coconut water is better than a gatorade. Zico is an excellent tasting brand name and my favorite. I don't care for harvest bay or vita coco.....

Workout: Spin abs flexibilty!!! spin was wonderful...endurance with a little bit of strength...I came out all pink..yea!! Abs was ok..but we always do the same routine every week for the past 6 weeks arrg....flexibility was really nice...I noticed my hamstrings are incredibly tight.

On another note I realized.... I spend entirely too much time on the internet....I have myspace facebook...I log all my meals on the computer....and now this site......I think my time on my but in front of the computer is taking a toll on my BMI...

Edited by Emmybear

I ate lots today

peanut butter english muffin banana soymilk

luna bar

1/2 cup blueberries

vegan wrap(deli slices vegan cheese)

carrot sticks and hummus

another luna bar(different flavor)

dinner was leftover bhuddas delight and

half a mango...I have become obsessed with mangoes

I did hamstrings and spin yesterday. It was nice my hams are killing me today.....as well as.....

I woke up with the worst cramps imaginable plus some kind of stomach bug.I spent the day in bed. I am just now feeling better.

Edited by Emmybear

I did hard bodies today it was an easy class thank goodness...because I still feel like crap!!!

I figured if I got out of bed and did stuff I would feel better

all I have been eating for the past 2 days is crackers and peanut butter...I know that sounds horrible but nothing else will stay down

I ate a real lunch today my vegan wrap plus carrot sticks and hummus....and cherries....I hope it stays put.

After I feel better I will get back on track with drastically reducing the amount of vegan junk in my diet....I am a carboholic( bad carbs) and I notice that the increase of bad carbds =more weight on emily.....it's hard when your boyfriend makes the absolute best fried noodles in the world.

Edited by Emmybear

OK...so today I have felt better and ate something other than crackers and peanut butter....

breakfast: 1/4 cup oatmeal 1 tblsp peanut butter 1 cup vanilla soymilk

small banana

Lunch: chicken patty w/low carb wrap and a cup of mixed veggies and 1/2 cup sliced strawberries

snack: peanut butter Luna bar

snack: 5 prunes and a 1/2 cup soy milk

dinner: kaishi vegan meal with some morning star farms meal starters on top.

Workout: I did a tae bo video at home because it was raining and the gym seemed so far away

No workout today...so lazy but I am going to bed early tonight so I can do spin and abs tomorrow.

Breakfast: 5 prunes 2 tablespoon of peanut butter English muffin soymilk

snack: granola bar

lunch: 2 nectarines( which quite possibly were the best fruit I have ever had in my life)

brown rice veggie sushi

snack:luna bar

Dinner: raspberries and quaker oats brown sugar cereal( breakfast for dinner)

So apparently my stomach is still upset....I upchucked last night with such a force that hundreds of capillaries burst in my face.....the doctor said they would go away...but he said...don't lift weights Would someone just take me out back and shoot me...please put me out of my misery. I like cardio but the feel of the burn after a wonderful weightlifting session is like heaven to me.So I guess I will be doing lots of cardio and I guess pilates or yoga or something.

I did spin and elliptical I was going to to abs...but I was not sure if it would increase my thoracic pressure...which the doctor said is a no no. What increases that pressure it is only lifting weights above your heart....or will push ups and squats hurt it. I forgot to ask...he said spinning treadmill and swimming were ok.He said a week or 2...2 weeks with no weights I am going to be a weakling.

what I ate

breakfast granola bar and 1/2 banana 1 cup soymilk

snack: vegan waffle 1 tblsp peanut butter 1 cup soymilk

lunch: vegan wrap with "turkey" slices and vegan cheese(i did nit really like the fake turkey:(

diner: 2 slices whole weat bread with cucumbers hummus tomatoes and red peppers a couple pita chips

at band practice I ate 4 strawberries and a handful of pretzel pita mix.

Edited by Emmybear

Sorry to here about no weight lifting for the next couple of weeks. Two years ago I had some plastic surgery done, nothing major, but I couldn't do anything at all for 6 whole weeks. I don't know how I got through it. All I was allowed to do was walk. But when you get back to the weight room it feels so great! At least you can do cardio, I wasn't even allowed to do that except for walking. Anyway two weeks isn't that bad. I know it feels like an eternity though when you're used to working out a lot.

I'm a firm believer that muscles have memory. There's been times where I've taken 2 weeks off from the gym, and when I get back, I'm sore at first, but it only takes a couple sessions for me to get back to my old self. You'll be back in action soon! Just concentrate on getting better now ^^

I did about 45 minutes of kickboxing yesterday which was great...they started on abs and I left..no blood rushing to my head...I ran on the elliptical doing interval training for a half hour. I have been trying to eat really good because I am not exercising as much....I weighed myself I lost 2lbs since sunday...but that was probably water weight from being sick.

I ate

Breakfast: 1 vans vegan waffle 1.5 tbsp peanut butter 1 glass soymilk 1 small banana

snack:1 granola bar

Lunch :vegan wrap w/ deli "turkey" and vegan cheese

carrot sticks and hummus

1 nectarine

snack:luna bar

Dinner : kaishi frozen black bean meal

• 2 weeks later...

Well I certainly have been lazy in updating my log. I was a little depressed last week because I was sick and I looked like I had some kind of awful disease. and I was afraid to work out hard at all... However the red marks on my face faded and I hit the gym pretty hard this week.

Monday I did spin and abs

Tuesday spin and circuit training

Wednesday kick boxing and abs

Thursday spin and 20/20/20

so far so good!

By the way if anyone finds themselves violently ill try to breathe through your nose while puking..to avoid the aforementioned unpleasantness.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OY Vey!! it has been a long time since I updated this!!!

I started taking a class called boot camp and am training for a half marathon. In boot camp we run two miles and then do a bunch of other polymetric and running exercises for an hour...It is so hard. I am starting out with two miles and going up from there. I am trying to eat as healthy as I can during my training. Eating a few more carbs than usual. Has anyone ever done carb loading before endurance training does it work?

Um on a nonfitness note I have been working alot I am a singer and am in two bands now plus I teach voice lessons and work at publix and go to school full time....hence my absence of late...yipes I have alot on my plate.

• 4 months later...

I am still busy and still working out a lot! I found a friend to go to the gym with me and that is a lot of fun. I did and 202020 on Friday I did not work out this weekend because I was so sore I went to a convention for my sorority on saturday and thank goodness they had vegan food.

Monday I am running and doing abs. Tuesday is beginning Salsa, kickboxing and 20/20/20.

(202020 is cardio/ weights/ abs)

I've read all your journal. My last visit before that was like 6 months ago ! I see you're still eating some good food and training as well. Don't feel bad for eating more than 1/2 mango, fruits and carrots are the best choice for keeping a lean body or staying healthy and you should have as much as you can !

• 2 months later...
Seems that's the only way the veganbodybuilding.com group in Orlando ever get together. Maybe this year we can aim to do better.

Not to hijack this thread momentarily, however, I'm always game for a VBB Orlando meet-up.

• 2 weeks later...