**BodhiDave85's Before and After Pictures **

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right! The progress is still very fast in my opinion, body fat % going down and muscle mass going up.

I think there's a lot of potential on your pecs, they can be huge with right kind of training as they seem to grow really fast.

All right! The progress is still very fast in my opinion, body fat % going down and muscle mass going up.

I think there's a lot of potential on your pecs, they can be huge with right kind of training as they seem to grow really fast.

Any suggestions on training for chest? I am currently doing pretty simple chest workouts, would love to raise it up a notch!

• 2 weeks later...

jeez, how many of us were the fat kids? haha. i was too, and i also lost weight very rapidly (probably too fast) when i went vegan 4 1/2 years ago. i'm still battling that fat kid extra skin.

but your progress is absolutely awesome! you can already see you light ab lines down the sides. from 270? congradulations dude!

as far as chest workouts, are you doing flat bench presses only? because doing those along with incline and decline presses will hit ayour upper and lower chest more thouroughly.

keep up the awesome work!

• 3 months later...
jeez, how many of us were the fat kids? haha. i was too, and i also lost weight very rapidly (probably too fast) when i went vegan 4 1/2 years ago. i'm still battling that fat kid extra skin.

but your progress is absolutely awesome! you can already see you light ab lines down the sides. from 270? congradulations dude!

as far as chest workouts, are you doing flat bench presses only? because doing those along with incline and decline presses will hit ayour upper and lower chest more thouroughly.

keep up the awesome work!

Omg, sorry for talking so long to reply, I hope you didnt think I just brushed you off..I really appreciate your encouragement!!!!

Dude, WOWWWWWWWWW.

You look like different person. You got so trim! Looks great man. Haven't heard from you in awhile but you have obviously been right on track with your goals. You look so happy and with due cause! Congrats bro, I was completely taken back

HEY!! Sorry that I missed you in VA BEACH, i was in the process of starting a new job in April. I'm just as surprised as you are by my progress...I was actually feeling fat lately because my workout intensity has been fluctuating(because of my job). I guess I've been underestimating the power of walking...but anyways im back in the gym now! Expect Lean and Green type results to come!

I just looked at your pics at the top of the thread. The patience you took in losing that 100 lbs slowly looks like it paid off as you don't have a loose skin problem. That isn't easy to avoid. Many people will not tolerate a slow weight loss plan.

I did have some trouble areas when I was obese, but I was far too timid to take pictures of myself when I was really fat...it would have made for some serious before and afters though. Im still battling some damn pesky stretch marks, but its more than obvious that a toxin-free diet heals the skin better than any surgery ever can. I guess being a Taurus finally came in handy!

I read the main factors as to whether or not a reducer gets a lot of loose skin is the amount of weight lost, the speed of the weight loss, and if exercise is done during the weight loss. The chances of getting baggy skin go down at slower rates of weight loss ( 1 - 2 lbs a week ) and if the person exercises as they reduce.

I read the main factors as to whether or not a reducer gets a lot of loose skin is the amount of weight lost, the speed of the weight loss, and if exercise is done during the weight loss. The chances of getting baggy skin go down at slower rates of weight loss ( 1 - 2 lbs a week ) and if the person exercises as they reduce.

You're right. I just stopped viewing weight loss/muscle building as a competition against time, and have convinced myself if i stay consistant I have nothing to worry about. Even though loosing 6-7lbs in a week or gaining 1-2lbs of muscle a week might be a huge motivational factor for most...for me personally...loosing 6-7lbs a month without killing my body and only a few hours a week seems much more practical and doable. I can burn out really quickly if I work myself too hard and then give up and gain everything back. I know alot of overweight/obese people go off and on, on exercising, and im sure that constant weight loss and then weight gain does more damage to the skin than the intial weight gain.

BodhiDave,

Awesome job!!! I haven't been posting for the past few months, but have been reading.

I felt this was worth coming out of seclusion!

I know you lost a lot of weight, but I hope you didn't lose your sense of humor. LOL!! ha,ha.

You are so inspirational!

Have a great and happy day!

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Yo Bodhi! Sorry i'm hijacking your progress thread for this... feel free to hijack my blog or something else i'll read. Just these stupid pm's will not work for me.

You actually didn't miss me in VA, got caught up with work and wasn't able to go yet. I am tentatively planning on being in VA beach this sunday (29th) until july 3rd. Care to meet up? I'm down. After you read this, i'll delete the post as it doesn't belong here.....

lemme know

Yeah, great job! When I was focusing on losing weight, I lost it crazy fast (100 lbs in roughly six to nine months, dumb as hell). I just got the bug and kept losing. Now I am still struggling with some loose skin, though it is mostly gone now. I wish I would have done it the way you did and I would have tight skin and a better body right now. I would have lost so much less muscle mass in the process also.

You did it the smart way, congratulations.

BodhiDave,

Awesome job!!! I haven't been posting for the past few months, but have been reading.

I felt this was worth coming out of seclusion!

I know you lost a lot of weight, but I hope you didn't lose your sense of humor. LOL!! ha,ha.

You are so inspirational!

Have a great and happy day!

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Ofcourse I didnt lose my sense of humor...check out this super cool new joke..

So a vegan and a meat eater go into a bar. The vegan ordered a sunflower seed burger with a side of hummus and celery. The meat eater ordered a steak with mash potatoes and asked the vegan if he was a vegetarian. The vegan said no "Im a vegan" The meat eater said "Whoa!-extreme-How do you get your protein". The vegan said " I eat lots of beans, tofu, veggies, tempeh, barley, mushrooms, seitan, hemp, etc" The meat eater said "You must really miss bacon, mmmm" The vegan said "No, i feel so much better not eating meat anymore"

OMGGGGGGGGGG I have lost my sense of humor!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh

Anyways, thanks so much for your comment, you inspired me to workout a little harder today!

Yo Bodhi! Sorry i'm hijacking your progress thread for this... feel free to hijack my blog or something else i'll read. Just these stupid pm's will not work for me.

You actually didn't miss me in VA, got caught up with work and wasn't able to go yet. I am tentatively planning on being in VA beach this sunday (29th) until july 3rd. Care to meet up? I'm down. After you read this, i'll delete the post as it doesn't belong here.....

lemme know

Its cool..I work on Sunday, not sure about the other days yet. We can talk on myspace or aim if u havent already left?

• 3 months later...