The Rockage Blog

Oh dude I totally thought you were serious

That's why I was mad.

See, on the internet it's hard to tell if people are being sarcastic and whatnot, so I thought you were being mean to me.

I thought it was weird for you pick on me, cuz you've always been nice.

Anyways, it was all a misunderstanding so let's put it behind us.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so back to business.

Yesterday was leg day at the gym. First day back. Ate some sushi rolls beforehand (nyum num) and then got to squattin.

Did a 10 minute warmup on the stairmaster. I used to have such a hard time on that thing, but now I'm getting good at it and can go faster

Then I did some warmup walking lunges (which I suck at and I think I look foolish doing them)

Did some plie squats to warm up as well, then headed on upstairs where the big boy machines are!

I started doing squats right away, since I had all my energy. I can only squat 70 pounds, but I'm small and not very strong yet. Last week I only did 50, to kinda get the feel of it.

I did 3 sets. It was awesome. I love squats.

I did some deadlifts too. I dunno how much weight.. I don't wear my glasses when I workout and can't read the numbers on the side of the barbells as sad as that is. It was pretty heavy though. I'd say maybe between 35-40 pounds or so. Maybe even 50.

I also did some hamstring curls, seated, and standing.

Calf raises.. I went to town on. I saw a post Future made about doing calf raises but I totally forgot the routine. I would spring up, and then slowly come back down.. and then spring up again. I think there's a waiting period of 15 secs or so but I wasn't sure how long it was supposed to take me to come back down.. So I just went as slow as possible. I didn't wanna hog the calf raise machine anyway lol.

I did 55 pounds on that.

I did some more plie squats, with 17.5 pounds, and used the leg press machine to train glutes, and inner leg. To do that I used a wide stance with toes pointed outward, much like a plie squat.

I worked legs for about an hour or so and I was so tired. My legs were like rubber and it took me awhile to hobble up the stairs to tell my bf (who runs on the treadmill) that I am finished. I almost fell asleep on the ride home and my legs were absolute rubber. I had my protein shake and woke up. then I played video games. Hehehe. Then I ate some of my new kick ass cereal with almonds and hemp seeds. Yum.

Today my glutes, calfs, and hamstrings are sore. My quads are never sore. EVER. No matter how hard I train them. I'm tired today and had a bigass bowl of oatmeal and flax with some soy protein. Added some hemp seeds to that too. And a little soy milk cuz it was dry.

AND THAT IS ALL MY FRIEND.

I'm gonna go out and hang out with my cat on the porch and get some sunshine.

Oh dude I totally thought you were serious

That's why I was mad.

See, on the internet it's hard to tell if people are being sarcastic and whatnot, so I thought you were being mean to me.

I thought it was weird for you pick on me, cuz you've always been nice.

Anyways, it was all a misunderstanding so let's put it behind us.

No problem, I've been misunderstood before

It's not the first time I get in trouble for my sarcastic humor...

No harm, no foul and I will be more careful from now on.

GDI!!

The sun was beaming down all nice and shit earlier but as SOON AS I GO OUTSIDE IT FUCKS OFF BEHIND THE CLOUDS!

It took me like 10 mins or whatever to get my lotion and find my sunglasses and by time I did the sun was gone.

ARGHHH

Your better off.

All the women who I knew in college who were sun bathing beauties, now look 15 years older then their true age because of it. Nothing ages skin prematurely like too much sun. If I were a woman I would rather be pale while I am young and have all of my peers sneering at me behind my back when I am 48 because I STILL look young while they look like raisins

Your better off.

All the women who I knew in college who were sun bathing beauties, now look 15 years older then their true age because of it. Nothing ages skin prematurely like too much sun. If I were a woman I would rather be pale while I am young and have all of my peers sneering at me behind my back when I am 48 because I STILL look young while they look like raisins

Interesting because my dad's 62 and has had tanned skin since his 20's and looks 10 years younger.

I get sunshine for vitamin D mostly.

I don't stay out long, I get too hot and wuss out. I can't tan. People make fun of me but they're just assholes.

I had a really bad fricken day yesterday. I hurt my arm and now I can't train. Bah. Not for about 2 weeks or so. To top it off I've been really irritable and ended up fighting with my boyfriend cuz I was being snippy with him. I felt like an ass. I still feel like an ass. Anyways, I talked with a doctor and I need to take antidepressants and go to therapy. I have an anger problem, a depression problem, and an eating-right problem.. And just.. Well. Problems! I think I've had way too many stressors in my life at once and it's all built up to the point where a big emotional bomb exploded. It's important to talk to people in real life. Writing crap out in a blog isn't the same. It's important to talk to real people in real time. Cry on their shoulder and snot on their shirt. Don't hold problems in.. Don't ever let the pressure build up until you do something dumb that you'll regret.

BUT!! Happy news. My sister is in labour. She's been in labour for like.. 13 hours now. Poor thing

BUT!!! BABY!! HELLOO! I get to meet my new baby niece soon, so that's awesome news. I'm really excited. I hate seeing my sis in so much pain. I wish I could help her. I've never had babies so I don't know what it's like. I just hold her hand and rub her back and tell her everything will be okay and that she's being strong. I get her ice to chew on and stuff like that. In the end, we'll all have a new addition to the family to love and who can be unhappy around a cute little baby we've been waiting to meet for such a long time?

Girlie, I hope you're feeling better. It's true that a blog is not the same as real people but it's something. Try to get balanced yourself because at the end you rock big time!!!!!

I'm glad you'll be having a new baby in the family and I hope they're both fine, the girl and your sis.

And remember... one more time... you're azum!

Aww thanks ^^

Hehehe. You guys rule so hard.

Sooo, obviously I haven't been on for a couple days due to the baby. She's so cute!! I bonded with her today. Her and I cuddled on the couch for a couple hours and watched TV. It was great. She slept the whole time but would wake up slightly to blast me a nice fart and then go back to sleep. Ahh.. Definitely has some of auntie's traits

She is the spitting image of my sister. It's amazing. I'll never forget the moment I saw her for the first time, being carried in the doctor's arms. I saw her for a split second and then my eyes filled up with tears and I almost had to be carried to the elevator to go up to the maternity ward hahaha! There, she was weighed, cleaned up, and given a vitamin K shot and some goopy stuff in her eyes because she was delivered by C-section. After that, Nana got to hold her, and then her daddy, and then MEEE!! It was so beautiful. Normally I'm really weird around babies.. but this was different. I held her and it was instant love. I didn't wanna let her go. I started to cry again and everyone snapped pics of me with this goofy grimace on my face and a tear rolling down my nose haha! That's alright though ^^

Okay it's picture time.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/Marcina_leigh/n613480305_1436709_2832.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/Marcina_leigh/n613480305_1436719_5947.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/Marcina_leigh/n613480305_1436696_8946.jpg

My sister was in labour for 30 hours. She is the toughest woman, I tell ya! I was there at the hospital every minute until my neice (Ailyse is her name, btw) was born. Still catching up on sleep and food. Had to live off of vending machine nuts and apple chips, Salteen crackers with peanut butter, and whatever nasty old fruit they had in the hospital cafeteria for 2 days. It was all worth it though <3

the first time i saw my niece after she was delivered i thought who is this hairy mess of a beast, what an ugly baby, but then she made some slight sound and turned ever so much and i just changed my whole countanence. I promised then and their id do what ever it took to keep her safe and provide her with knowledge.

congratulations on the baby she looks amazing.

Lol I'm thinking of changing the name of my blog from "The Rockage Blog" to "Cute stuff my niece does"

Yesterday I went over to help my sis with the baby. She slept most of the time. We took her to the doctor to get weighed and everything and in the elevator she was smiling and sticking her tongue out. It was so funny! She often makes funny faces right before she farts, burps, or takes a poop.

We had a little nap on the couch later on and then she went up to her crib. There was a thunderstorm last night and I kept thinking about her while I was at home. I was worried she was scared, and she was! The lightning lit up her room and freaked her out. She slept in mommy's room. Poor little thing.

As for food and training yadda yadda I'm totally slacking off. I just don't feel like doing anything! I'm tired a lot from my allergies. I wake up and can't freakin breathe out of my nose and I get nasty headaches. It's awful. I lose my appetite when I get like that. Feeling depressed since I haven't worked out in awhile. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow and hopefully get my stitches taken out. I have some numbness in the area and I'm worried that will affect my training. I'm going to inquire about psychotherapy too. I need to talk to somebody cuz this problem I've had for years and years needs to be fixed. I'm taking prozac, as per doctor's orders. The side effects make me feel unmotivated and tired. I don't think it's really helping the depression much but it's helping the anger, anxiety, and other things I experience.

Being at home by myself is a bit challenging right now. I know I have all these things to do but just don't feel like doing any of them. I'm happy the most when I'm holding my neice.

Hopefully I'm back in action soon! There's another thunderstorm outside so I'm gonna shut this computer down and find something to do that doesn't have to do with electricity.. Hahahaha

I'm back in action!!

I went to the gym last night and worked on shoulders and legs. Mostly legs though. Being inactive for the past week and a half has made me look really skinny. Im surprised I still have abs after drowning my sorrows in potato chips and vegan ice cream the other day lol.

I did 3 sets of squats. 1st set I tried 90 pounds, but it was pretty tough, so I switched to 70 pounds. At the end of my last set I wanted to pass out but I felt great!

I did 3 sets of hamstring curls, 75 pounds

Standing calf raise at 75 pounds, 2 sets

Sitting calf raise with 70 pounds, 3 sets

Leg press, targetting glutes - 100 pounds, 1 set

Leg press, targetting outer thigh - 100 pounds, 1 set

Leg press, regular - 100 pounds, 1 set

2 sets of plie squats - 25 pounds

Finishing: leg extension with 75 pounds

I did about 10 reps for everything

For shoulders I did a set of arnold presses, military presses, lateral raise, and 2 sets of shoulder rows, 1 bent over and 1 not.

I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be so I must still be in pretty good shape

I stretched so well that I didn't have a lot of soreness today

UNFORTUNATELY I forgot to stretch my back, and lugging those big 45 pounds plates around has my back muscles so tight today..

I am taking Driver's Ed and had a nice 30 minute walk to my mom's house. Oh and I bought my bf some birthday presents. I can't wait to give them to him. They rock.

At my mom's, I helped give my neice a bath and I brushed her hair into a mohawk. So cute! I'll post the pic of it after my mom uploads it and sends it to me. Right now, I'm gonna relax my back.

I know eh!

I love her so much. Being an aunt is great because I get to play with her and stuff, but when she gets cranky she goes back to mommy heeheehee

So today, I finished my last in-classroom session of driver's ed. I've always been afraid to drive and today of course, they showed us what to do in an accident and all that stuff. I think the course has been good in getting me prepared for what to experience on the road though, even though it has me a little nervous.

I was the oldest in the class.. I was in a room full of sixteen year olds talking about cartoons and they didn't know who the Animaniacs were. Come on, guys.

I was probably closer in age with the teacher than these kids. At one point we had to calculate our percentages for a test and I didn't have a calculator so I just asked if anyone else had gotten the same mark as I had and what their % was. I said "I haven't been in a math class in 5 years" and I heard some snickers. That made me feel old lol. They were finishing up elementary school when I graduated so it probably seemed like an eternity to them. Oh well.

I can legally go to bars anywhere I want to so poo poo to them.

The thing is, I don't look 22. I look 16, so maybe they thought I just never took math. Ever. Then in that case, they would be jealous. Let's face it. Math sucks.

This morning was really hot and I studied outside before class started, and I managed to sunburn my tattoo. The flower one. Of course I didn't notice, since it's pink anyways.. But noticed it was starting to get irritated.. And raised. So I burnt my flower. That sucks.

In other news, Starbucks baristas do not know what regular coffee is.

I am absolutely serious.

I was running late today and skipped out on breakfast and coffee and just ate a banana on the way to class and got some Starbucks coffee in the mall. The lady ahead of me orders some strawberry.. thingy.. The man ahead orders some kind of cappucino.. I go up.

"Regular coffee please"

-blank stare-

"You mean like.. Our house coffee?" The barista asks. 2 of them are actually there, both staring at me funny.

"Coffee flavoured coffee" I say. Just like Denis Leary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQxgv4QtKM8

I paid like.. $2.25 for this cup of regular old coffee. Shit. I should have just walked across the parking lot to Tim Hortons. They don't have soy milk there, but I was carrying some on me anyways. You can get an extra large for that price. It's good coffee too, not that funky zesty African citrus bold dark double roasted whatever the hell it is. It's just regular coffee flavoured coffee.

But me being a snob, I don't want to take my business to a place that doesn't even cater to people with dairy allergies. Plus they always have a million people in the lineup and drive-thru and Starbucks was right there and only had 2 people ahead of me.. Instead of 200.

It was pretty amusing, though. Starbucks is quite the yuppie place.. I'm sure they don't get many people that walk in and go "REGULAR COFFEE PRZ"

They always ask what size you want too, and they don't seem to understand "Small", "medium", or "large". Noooo you have to say "Tall" "Short" "Grande" and shit like that. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

They ask me "Would you like a grande size?"

"Uhh.. Yeah, regular size"

"So tall?"

"Sure, medium."

-More blank looks-

-I point at the size of cup I want and go "That one"-

Usually I go with my boyfriend and he speaks Starbucks so he will order for me. I tell him what I want and he just orders it. When I'm by myself, It's like I'm at a gas station. "Regular coffee, fill it up."

It's funny too, because they have this tip jar. They expect a tip too, as if their coffee isn't expensive enough already, now you have to tip the baristas for doing what they're supposed to be doing. Putting coffee in a cup. I do this every morning. Where's my fuckin tip? Hey, I brew it too. Not just for me but for my boyfriend as well. He doesn't tip me. The other day I made him oatmeal. That's worth something right? Oatmeal AND coffee. And I didn't microwave it either... oh no I made it stovetop. That's like.. Extra effort. I should get like.. 5 bucks.

So I just gave the barista my 3 unwanted pennies and went on my way outside to sit in the sunshine, drinking my coffee-flavoured coffee.

Good times.

It's time for Aaaaaaaaaaaanimaaaaaaaaniacs and we're zaaaaaaaaany to the max. So just sit back and relax, you'll laugh 'til you collapse We're Animaniacs!

I loved them; Elmira was the best and her hug you and squeeze you skit! I also loved Pinky and the Brain, the saaaaaaaame thing we do every night

Talespin, Ducktales woo wooo, Rescue Rangers. You know the classics

Thanks for reminding me.

As for the coffee nonsense, that's hysterical and i'm too tired to look up the word barista as I dunno what it means but I could imagine them looking dumbfounded after your order. Good thing you bf speaks starbucks haha.

and the rockage blog continues to rock......

Lol a barista is what they call the chick who takes your order and puts the coffee in a cup. I know, you gotta call them "baristas" not "servers" or "coffee whores" cuz they don't like that apparently.

(For the record I've never called anyone a coffee whore.. But I'm sure if I did they would dislike it very much.)

The 90s was awesome for cartoons. It's funny cuz the teacher said "I grew up in the 90s"... Well.. so did I.. I almost asked him how old he was but I didn't cuz I thought it would be rude. It would be funny if he turned out to be 2 years older than me or something like that. I even remember 80s classics like Teddy Ruxpin, Fraggle Rock, My Little Pony, the Ghostbusters cartoon and original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Saturday mornings were worth getting up for then.

Chi chi chi chip n Dale.. Aww yeah. Ducktales rocked too.. Good times, good times.

Oh hey does anyone remember Darkwing Duck? That was A W E S O M E

In other news, Starbucks baristas do not know what regular coffee is.

I am absolutely serious.

I was running late today and skipped out on breakfast and coffee and just ate a banana on the way to class and got some Starbucks coffee in the mall. The lady ahead of me orders some strawberry.. thingy.. The man ahead orders some kind of cappucino.. I go up.

"Regular coffee please"

-blank stare-

"You mean like.. Our house coffee?" The barista asks. 2 of them are actually there, both staring at me funny.

"Coffee flavoured coffee" I say. Just like Denis Leary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQxgv4QtKM8

I paid like.. $2.25 for this cup of regular old coffee. Shit. I should have just walked across the parking lot to Tim Hortons. They don't have soy milk there, but I was carrying some on me anyways. You can get an extra large for that price. It's good coffee too, not that funky zesty African citrus bold dark double roasted whatever the hell it is. It's just regular coffee flavoured coffee.

But me being a snob, I don't want to take my business to a place that doesn't even cater to people with dairy allergies. Plus they always have a million people in the lineup and drive-thru and Starbucks was right there and only had 2 people ahead of me.. Instead of 200.

It was pretty amusing, though. Starbucks is quite the yuppie place.. I'm sure they don't get many people that walk in and go "REGULAR COFFEE PRZ"

They always ask what size you want too, and they don't seem to understand "Small", "medium", or "large". Noooo you have to say "Tall" "Short" "Grande" and shit like that. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

They ask me "Would you like a grande size?"

"Uhh.. Yeah, regular size"

"So tall?"

"Sure, medium."

-More blank looks-

-I point at the size of cup I want and go "That one"-

Usually I go with my boyfriend and he speaks Starbucks so he will order for me. I tell him what I want and he just orders it. When I'm by myself, It's like I'm at a gas station. "Regular coffee, fill it up."

It's funny too, because they have this tip jar. They expect a tip too, as if their coffee isn't expensive enough already, now you have to tip the baristas for doing what they're supposed to be doing. Putting coffee in a cup. I do this every morning. Where's my fuckin tip? Hey, I brew it too. Not just for me but for my boyfriend as well. He doesn't tip me. The other day I made him oatmeal. That's worth something right? Oatmeal AND coffee. And I didn't microwave it either... oh no I made it stovetop. That's like.. Extra effort. I should get like.. 5 bucks.

So I just gave the barista my 3 unwanted pennies and went on my way outside to sit in the sunshine, drinking my coffee-flavoured coffee.

Good times.

I laughed my arse off when I read this... This is so me, every time I go into Starbucks...

When I'm grumpy in the morning I want coffee, not some Grande, moca, soy, latte frappe rubbish... Run of the mill coffee, it's black, it's bitter and it's good...

I point at the cup size I want too,

I want that one!!! Barista - "You Mean Grande Sir", Yeah that one... Now give me my bloody coffee!!!!!!!