a new start

Well it's true, 2 mls now takes me about 20 minutes. I tried to add some strides in the final stretch but only was able to speed up a few steps a couple of times, though I didn't slow to a recovery walk until the very end. I didn't feel AS nauseous afterwards as last time.

While I haven't lost much weight, if any, though my calories have been way down, my waist is 2 1/2" less now. This isn't entirely surprising as I usually have gained weight with any regular exercise and rarely have I gotten the diet together at the same time. Though my intermediate goal is still 187 lbs, if I end up a slim 210# that will be ok!

Yesterday I finished the day with black beans and brown rice, later I had ww cous cous and uduki beans. After I had a midnight porter I fell prey to a bag of fat pretzels and a jar of pb, with which I woke up in bed! (no Freudian analysis please) Today I had a tea, then a cherry-apple juice/banana/pb smoothy and the psylium before the jog. Now I'm going to snarf a plate of hash browns, black bean salsa and the multi.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night broccoli, salad, tomato sauce, a little pasta, ww toast.

Today pb/ww/ban, tea, multi, edamame. Dinner will be avo on ww w/nayonaise after psylium. Oh yea, cherries warm from the Sun. It's a bumper cherry crop on our tree this year!

Ban/pb/ww ginger tea, psylium, multi for breakfast. Humus on pita w/pickled turnips, salad was lunch. Now a cherry-apple juice, ban/pb/cocoa smoothy.

2 miles in 20 minutes with a few strides in the final stretch.

Thanks for reading and for the encouragement. My intermediate goal is to increase my mileage to 5 km every other day. My immediate goal of 2 mls in 20 minutes I've just met a few times and I will reward my self with another lap today! I haven't added walk breaks since I've been able to run the distance goals without them.

2 1/4 mls took 24 1/2 mins today. I paced slower from the beginning, ran some strides the last two laps and walked a few steps after 2mls.

Breakfast pb/ban/ww, psylium, tea, multi, apple-cherry juice ban/strawb smoothy before run.

White flour crackers with margarine and fruit spread last night. (oops)

Oatmeal w/marg/ban, tea, peppered chickpeas fried with garlic and tortilla chips, apple-cherry juice/bluberry/ban smoothy so far today.

Arrived to the track this afternoon as it started to pour hard, so I meditated in the truck for a half hour until it slowed. The track flooded, so I had to run in the soaked grass around the football field, which I slowly did ten times. It was more difficult than using the track. It was about 2 1/4 mls and took almost a half hour, but I'm uncertain. I wore my monitor for the first time and stayed around 163 for most of the run, nearing 170 the last lap and whenever I pushed it at all. A few years ago I targeted the recommended 151 for my heart rate.

My long term running goal is to increase my metabolism significantly, lower my resting heart rate and develop a sustainable aerobic exercise habit.

A stout and blue corn chips with vegan cheese last night. Oatmeal w/marg/ban, tea, multi for breakfast and no lunch. (boo) A small almond butter/soy milk/ban/strawb smoothy before the run. Vegan cheese and alfalfa sprouts w/red onion on ww pita is the plan for dinner.

2.25 mls. in under 24 mins. w/strides on both sides of the last lap. Pulse stayed mostly at 167 and jumped over 170 with any added effort.

Vegan cheese and corn chips to excess last night. Today chocolate-fresh ginger-soy & rice milk chai, oatmeal w cin/marg, psylium, multi, humous salad sandwich, fried tofu, steamed broccoli w/Braggs.

Today is the first time since June 1st I missed my every other day run schedule. I'm down sleep two nights and have an early morning tomorrow. During part of my 10 hour work day I moved almost 3 tons of cased groceries, about 4,000 lbs of stacking up cases (often 50#) onto a hand truck, navigating to thier storage places, unstacking and restacking them, sometimes up on to shelves. The challenging part was then unloading my van of another ton of 50# cases of grapefruit juice and 50# sacks of potatoes. We need a truck I can stand up in, because it's not good for my back.

Tomorrows run will be great!

Ran on a different track today. It was in some disrepair, with plenty of grass clumps and puddles, so I had to do some running around things. I slowed my pace a little and kept my hr in the mid 160s, except for two sets of strides in the final lap. My time slowed to about 26 minutes. I was dragging my ass to get started as I've underslept the last 3 nights. An hour+ nap afterwards seems to have helped me catch up with rest.

In the last 13 weeks I've lost 15 lbs, to just under 210 lbs. I ran 2 weeks, got hurt, took off 6 weeks and now have been running again for 5 weeks, during which I lost 5 of those lbs. and grew some muscle. While I've tried to restart my weight lifting and yoga practices a few times, neither has stuck like the running yet.

Today I had ban/pb/ww, chai, the multi, and psylium first. Then some home fries. I had a soymilk/ban/pb smoothy an hour before running and a big plate of hash brown potatoes and salsa after. I just had fried tofu w/braggs and a little udon for dinner. Now for some ginger-Assam-rice&soy milk chai. I'll try and eat some sprouts later.

Had a lot of alfalfa and radish sprouts with O/V last night, then a big bowl of puffed wheat with rice milk. Today I had ban/pb/ww and chai, then chinese dumplings and broccoli. I had a Dr Weil bar (ban/date/almond) My sister left the pork out of some saurkraut for me, so I guess that's what I'll eat at the 4th of July party. Multi, psylium.

2.25 mls took 23 mins today, with 50 yds of strides in the first half of the final stretch. I struggled for air until my hr reached 175, where I stayed for the entire run. I'm pretty sure that's about the max hr at which I can safely train. I'm going to clean up the diet a bit to accelerate the weight loss and bring the hr down, then I can speed up to 20 mins for the 2.25 mls and move on to 2.5 mls.

With yesterday's kraut dinner I had steamed corn, later I had potato chips with houmus, a beer and finally a Dr Weir bananamana bar. This morning I had a soymilk/banana/almond butter smoothy and the multi before running, and now I'll have a glass of psylium before some Chinese dumplings.

WW/marg chai was yesterday's breakfast. Tofu in spicy Asian basil rice, masala potato cutlet, 3x hash browns, cherries, puffed wheat w/rice milk was way more than needed to finish yesterday's eating. Almond butter on WW, multi, chai/w choc soymilk before this mornings run.

Added another lap today and more stretches before hand. I realize I've been getting tighter as I'd only done a couple quick stretches before previous runs. Keeping my heart rate in the 150s meant taking 30 minutes to run 2 1/2 mls, rarely did I pass 160, and then just for a moment. I ran 50 yds of strides twice on the final lap, which only increased my hr a few bpm.

Yesterday I had mung-tomato soup and papadam. Later a WW bagel, some sizzlean sausage and a homegrown lettuce salad with various sprouts, o/v

Today WW/pb/vegan cheese and chai for breakfast. Multi. Lunch was garbonzos w/garlic, tortilla chips. Psylium, more chai.