Employee of the Month

robert

Today when I was at work I was awarded Employee of the Month I think we have nearly 70 people working for my specific company so it was pretty neat! I've always said to aim for employee of the month at any job that you do. If that is always in the back of your mind you will excel and do a great job and maybe even get rewarded for it.

What's even better is last month my friend Angela was employee of the month and I trained her. That is more important than me getting an award for myself. So I guess I'm doing a good job. I work in a Security Control Center dealing with tons of different situations, people, equipment, etc. and I work with some pretty cool people, many that are becoming my friends.....even though they tease me each day for being vegan

So just wanted to share the news. Give your best each day and good things come from it.

-Rob

Thanks for all the comments, and Lelle, thanks for the cake

I try to take this approach to every job I have. I also aim to be employee of the month. I don't always achieve it, but I tend to excell at every job and I think it is because I'm always driven to be "one of" the best employees wherever it is that I'm working. Even better is teaching or training new employees and helping them get awards, recognition of some sort, or having them win employee of the month; which happened for my friend Angela last month.

We spend the majority of our lives working so we better enjoy it. I've had many jobs that weren't my favorites, but I worked hard and it made it more fun. Pick out the fun aspects of work and focus on them and nearly any job can be enjoyable.

Thanks for the support.

-Rob

We spend the majority of our lives working so we better enjoy it. I've had many jobs that weren't my favorites, but I worked hard and it made it more fun. Pick out the fun aspects of work and focus on them and nearly any job can be enjoyable.

-Rob

Dude, I wish I had an attitude like that towards working.

• 17 years later...

In my opinion, if you have an employee in your company who stands out from the rest with his efficiency and productivity, then he should be promoted. However, many entrepreneurs face the problem of not being able to effectively allocate company funds, so they can't decide for sure which employees should be promoted and which should be demoted. Thankfully, I recently came across an article on how to calculate employee cost which helped me a lot and will help you if you have problems with calculating employee cost. I hope you find my answer helpful!