Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: tuc's training and eating topic
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:39 pm 
Elephant

Usually there are 1.25 kg, 2.5kg, 5kg, 10kg, 15kg and 20kg plates (I have 2 of each except 10kg and 15kg) but since my home gym is a pile of cheap second hand stuff I also have 2, 4, 6, and 8 kg vinyl plates four pieces each and 2 x 21kg and 2 x 9.2kg raw metal
plates (some guy made them himself).

Barbell is 20kg if it's long 50mm borehole and 10kg if it's shorter 30.5mm borehole. A curl bar is ~ 8kg and dumbbell bars 2kg each.

Easiest way to see how much I'm using to work out is to use google: just google for example "80 kg in lbs" (without quotes) and you'll see how many lbs I'm using.

Great thing to hear you've been doing bboying. I think we need a bboying topic where we can discuss about it more!

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:49 pm 
Elephant

Tucinator..... dude HOMEMADE WEIGHTS??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I want Homemade weights! How much you think it would cost to have him make them and ship a couple of 100lbs worth overseas to the states? :lol:

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:43 pm 
Elephant

Sun 29th June

I was kinda exhausted after I helped my friend to move. It took 6 hours but I still worked out a bit.

- Bench press, barbell: warmup 10 @ 50kg, then 1 @ 80kg, 1 @ 90kg, f @ 94kg :(, 5 @ 80kg, 4 @ 80kg, 5 @ 74kg

After that the side my right shoulder started to hurt a bit so I chose to continue with moves that won't make it hurt more:

- Deadlifts: warmup @ 50kg, then 5 @ 112kg, 2 x 10 @ 112kg
- Deep squats: 3 x 10 @ 56kg
- Shrugs, curl bar 3 x 15 @ 60kg
- Bicep curls, curl bar 8 + 7 + 6 @ 40kg

Not my best train since I felt weak all the time but at least something.

I have to get more of these homemade weights and send L&G a couple. I will add pics of them soon. :)

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:31 pm 
Elephant

Mon 30th June

If I'm not dancing, I'm working out! :boxer:

I took more of what I thought went weak yesterday.

- Deep squats 3 x 10 @ 60kg
- Bicep curls, curl bar: 10 + 8 + 8 @ 40kg

I have to take it easy with my shoulder so I chose not to do anything else.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:41 pm 
Elephant

Tue 1st July

Not dancing!!! :twisted:

- Bench press, barbell: 10 @ 50kg for warmup, then 12 + 9 + 7 @ 70kg. 1 rep max calculator said that 12 x 70kg = 1 x 101kg but I didn't even lift 94kg in last session. :oops: (I failed at technique and not strength, I realized it today and that's why I took a bit longer sets than usually)
- Took a few pics so that I could update my avatar. What do you think about the new one? :zunge:
- Shoulder press, curl bar: 3 x 10 @ 40kg
- Lateral raises, barbells: 3 x 15 @ 5.5kg (I took _very_ slow reps up and down and concentrated on doing the moves 100 % properly... I never thought that it could be so hard with so small weights!!)

Tomorrow I'll meet a new vegan training buddy, he's coming at my place and we'll lift some heavy s**t.

And here's something for L&G...

HOMEMADE weights!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:46 pm 
Elephant

That's such a tease bro! I want to maximize the pic and sling my computer around but I don't know how well it will work afterwards :twisted:

The new avatar looks like a superhero comic book cover!

Have a blast with your new vegan training buddy and toss those homeade weights around for me would ya?

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:57 pm 
Rabbit

L&G's totally spot-on about your avatar. Now I see why he calls you the tucinator!

Let's just hope there's no Kryptonite around. . . ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:04 pm 
Elephant

Haha, tucinator... I'm not that big yet. Well, thanks anyway pals. :lol:

Wed 2nd July

Once again, not dancing! Yeah buddy!!

I think we'll be training quite often with my new training buddy, Jussi. He practices MMA but he hasn't trained with free weights a lot before, mostly using his own bodyweight. I taught him some basic moves and we had a lot of fun. A great guy, vegan for over 2 years already. I have to get him to use this board too. :)

- Deadlifts: warmup @ 50kg, then 1 @ 92kg, 1 @ 110kg, 1 @ 130kg, 1 @ 170kg (NEW PB), 1 @ 172kg (379lbs) (NEW PB!) (still easy, I think I'll take 180kg soon (about 400lbs)!!!
- Bicep curls, 12 + 11 + 10 @ 36kg (longer sets and lower weight than before, just to test how it feels like)
- Bent-over barbell row: 4 x 10-12 @ 78kg (this went well I suppose)

I'm not training squats or presses today so I'll call it a day. Now a lot of food!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:32 am 
Elephant

Thu 3rd July Rest

Fri 4th July I tried some bench press but failed miserably. :evil: I also swam a bit.

Sat 5th July

- Bench press, barbell: some warmup, then 1 @ 66kg, 1 @ 84 kg and 1 @ 94kg (=207 lbs) PB!!!! then 5 + 4 + 3 @ 84kg
- Deep squats, barbell: some warmup @ 50kg, then 3 x 10 @ 70kg
- Bicep curls, curl bar: 11 + 9 + 9 @ 40kg

I'll save the rest for the evening or tomorrow, the deep squats are really hard for me because of my weak legs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:52 am 
Elephant

Congrats on the PB my friend. Everytime I see 'pb' on a blog, I think peanut butter like PB&J, as alot of people call it here :lol:

207lbs of PB???? You'd make Potter proud :P ;)

From day one I knew you were going to be one of the elite vegan bber's as you can pack down food like no other and aren't afraid to EAT which is the perfect complement to your bulking sessions.

I recall you writing you wish you were able to go into a cutting phase like me but didn't think you were able to as you wanted to build more. Tuc, bulking gets addictive, the strength, size, mass rush or lifting heavy and going up and up and up in poundages. Looking at you body, you have definitely put on a good amount of bulk and muscle and if you ever wantred to shred it up, you most certainly could. Don't sell yourself short.

Nice bench press my friend, way to pump that homemade iron 8)

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:32 pm 
Elephant

Hehe, we'll see about that elite thing in a few years. As long as I can give motivation to others towards veganism and being a fit vegan I'm happy with what I'm doing.

Also, I think a cutting phase may be a good idea next year. Because L&G is doing it right and HEALTHY I'll go with similar diet when I start getting ripped.

Sun 6th July

- Bicep curls (more since I didn't get enough of it yesterday), curl bar: 7 + 5 + 5 +5 @ 44kg
- Bent-over barbell rows: 8 + 8 @ 84kg, 4 + 3 @ 100kg (that's 220 lbs baby!)
- Shoulder press, curl bar: 5 + 4 + 5 @ 50kg

I have to save some for tomorrow since my new training buddy is coming at my place again. Today I trained with a bunch (3) of vegan girls. When they were exhausted after doing some moves and they were all lying in my bed I realized that I have done something right in my life. When your bed is full of vegan girls you've done something right. Period.

Obviously I'm not having sexy time with with more than one special vegan girl but I still think the situation was funny.

Also, I ate a huge amount of whole grain spaghetti with hemp & seeds along with other stuff. I'll be a big man when I grow up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:35 pm 
Mastodon

tuc wrote:
Today I trained with a bunch (3) of vegan girls. When they were exhausted after doing some moves and they were all lying in my bed I realized that I have done something right in my life. When your bed is full of vegan girls you've done something right. Period.

:lachmal:

8)

335 Squat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:10 pm 
Elephant

Somehow I'm not surprised Zack found that rather amusing. :lol:

Mon 7th July

- Bench press, barbell: warmup @ 50kg, then 1 x 80kg, 1+2 forced @ 90kg, 4 @ 80kg, 5 @ 80kg
- Incline bench press, barbell: 15 @ 50kg, 2 x 12 @ 52kg
- Standing tricep extensions, dumbbell: 10 + 8 + 8 + 8 @ 22kg
- Shrugs: 15 @ 66kg, 10 @ 84kg, 2 x 6-7 @ 100kg

I also tried to take photos for the shoulder contest but I don't know how to pose so the photos looked like crap. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:05 pm 
Elephant

Wed 9th July

Still, not dancing. I feel stronger every day but my weight isn't going anywhere. It's somewhere between 77-80kg. I think I just have to EAT MORE! :evil: Anyway, another training session with my new training buddy.

- Deadlifts, barbell: warmup @ 50kg, 5 @ 92kg, 5 @ 130kg, 3 @ 140kg
- Bench press, babrell: warmup 12 @ 50kg, 12 + 9 + 9 (a bit help in the last 2" in the last rep) + 7 @ 72kg
- Bicep curls, dumbbell: 3 x 4-5 per set per arm @ 22kg (48.5 lbs)
- Dips (woohoo, I realized that I have a furniture which can be used for dips, check pic below!): 15 + 10 + 10 @ bw

That used to be my computer desk along with a fancy circular glass. Now that I bought a new (~ 100 years old) desk I use this one for dips.

I'm so dumb... I should have realized that a LOT before!!! :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:06 pm 
Elephant

Thu + Fri: rest

Sat 12th July

Once again I started working out alone. No problem, I just put some goa trance in my audio machine and pump to the beat. :bounce: :blob7:

- Deep squats, barbell: warmup @ 52kg then 6 + 6 + 5 @ 84kg (185lbs). I'm getting stronger! :boxer:
- Bench press, barbell: warmup @ 50kg, then 5 + 6 + 4 @ 84kg. I'm REALLY happy because of the best set. 6 @ 185lbs should mean 1 @ 220lbs. We'll see about that soon.
- Incline bench press, barbell: 8 + 8 + 6 @ 60kg. I also planned to do standing press but I was too tired after 6 sets of presses already. :/
- Standing tricep extensions, dumbbell: 15 + 12 + 10 @ 22kg
- Bicep curls, curl bar: 6 + 5 + 5 + 5 @ 46kg
- Dips: 12 + 10 + 6 @ bw (ok the last set was so bad that I know I've run out of power -> time for recovery drink)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next