i'm gonna be buff!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so as some people know, i have been a little diasappointed in myself. I have made progress and i am proud of myself for that, BUT i have been stressed about a few things and that leads me to snack mindlessly. ive been pretty good at going outside and walking around when i feel like i'm gonna do that. and i have been trying very hard to enlist the help of my friends (who do not understand why i "can't have" pretzels or sushi, etc etc) and they're getting better at helping. i feel like no body here takes me very seriously when i answer them with "well, i'm on a sort of body-builder diet to cut fat while maintining muscle....." they look at m elike i have three heads....as opposed to the two headed look they give me about being vegan anyway....SO!

i took a couple of pictures of myself today before i left for the beach. I am TRYING to look as lean as possible....keep in mind, i think i pose really well, because i do not actually look like this 99% of the time...but whatever they make me happy!

http://i33.tinypic.com/rh4ftc.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2z6sdop.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/b7x641.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/29s6e9.jpg

Holy crap!! You're hot!

I just found this thread and went through all the posts. I didn't look at the pics because they don't actually display in the post, just the links. Except for this last post, those ones are "in" the post.

You've got to totally have guys drooling over you at the beach!

Great job! Maybe I need Veggieprincess to whip me into shape too.

Greg

DANI (in a you have to be kidding me tone of voice) you've got to be kidding me! lol Not what I wanted to say but I thought that was funny.

I fail to see this loose skin you were referring to and you look pretty damn lean and firm to me. You must be getting very critical of yourself as you are most certainly in 'advanced' mode when it comes to training and dieting with a body like this.

I have never had loose skin personally but I would imagine it could become an issue. I guess it's from massive huge losses. I get stretch marks at best but luckily for me they always go away shortly thereafter once the body adapts to the new weight. The marks are never like those tremendous thick red ones that some get, just discoloration and wiggles over the skin that aren't always noticeable right away but if you look you can see them visibly. I actually have some right now from dropping 26lbs in 39days. They are on the sides of my glutes where my hips are and a bit on the insides of my leg but not as much. I would imagine they're going to go away as usual... THEY BETTER. What I cannot understand is how come i never get marks when I gain weight, only lose?

Your like whoa comment reminds me of that Black Rob song

Dani's physique is LIKE WHOA

Nice display of vegan power with the 75lb bp; the slightly assisted pullups and negative 50lb curls! Interesting how you compare lat pulldown reps with pullups. I never thought of that. But actually I was practically able to rack the lat pulldowns (250lbs) more or less for a rep and do sets of 6-8 with 200-230lbs BUT I wasn't able to lift my bodyweight of 200lbs for even one pullupbso not sure if it's an appropriate gauge?

Unless for some reason it helps you, don't get down on yourself for lack of accomplishment or lack of progress. No way! The further we go the more we want but everything in good time. I bet if you were asked what you wanted your body to look like before you started on the road to becoming fit and a computer generated this image, you'd be like YEP. But now that you are here already, you can't see that as you can only look forward to the next level which is fine but be proud and have that optimism continue to accelerate and fuel your endeavor in the pursuit of your ideal perfect shape. Continue to mold as you have been, your body is amazing

hey everybody. thank you very much! i knew posting those would make me feel better. it did. funny thing is though, that this forum is the only place i would ever feel comfortable posting them, short of a few very close friends. and as you can probably tell, those pictures are cell phone pictures and today one of the other bartenders asked if he could borrow my phone and he WENT THROUGH MY PICTURES! and of course its a friday night so i'm getting my ass kicked with raspberry mojitos and freaking sangrias up the wazoo so i can't even moce from my 3 foot square service bar for a minute to snatch it back....oh my god. mortifying. i was so embarrased. oh well. like i said, no one takes me seriously here. anyway i thought maybe someone would get a kick out of that.

hey everybody. thank you very much! i knew posting those would make me feel better. it did. funny thing is though, that this forum is the only place i would ever feel comfortable posting them, short of a few very close friends. and as you can probably tell, those pictures are cell phone pictures and today one of the other bartenders asked if he could borrow my phone and he WENT THROUGH MY PICTURES! and of course its a friday night so i'm getting my ass kicked with raspberry mojitos and freaking sangrias up the wazoo so i can't even moce from my 3 foot square service bar for a minute to snatch it back....oh my god. mortifying. i was so embarrased. oh well. like i said, no one takes me seriously here. anyway i thought maybe someone would get a kick out of that.

he was admiring you, nothing to be embarassed about.

Zack posted in my journal well, thank you zack. i certainly hope so.

i spent the whole day running around like crazy trying to get eveything packed and my house all set up for vv08! WOO HOO! my dad has been living at me (which is really fun ) and will be watching my puppy joey and my ferret porkchop

http://i37.tinypic.com/195jyb.jpg

and therefore i iwll be leaving my ex my keys to come ACTUALLY take care of them, as dad probably will not do a very good job.

i am sooooooooooooooooo nervous to drive to nyc tomorrow, but am also giddy with excitement both to meet giacomo, who i think is out buying food for me to eat. I'm gonna feel so bad eating in front of him. like when bart eats ice cream outside the gym on the simpsons? yeah that'll be me. i don't think he'll mind I'm also really excited to meet everyone the following day in my dream city of PORTLAND!!!! people here keep joking that i won't come back. i haven't had a vacation in years, so this is much much needed and hey- maybe i won't. whatever.

wish me luck on the drive!

Dani!!! Can;t wait to meet you and prep up a little italian feast for you. Well, ok, not a feast but a nice entree of spiralized zucchini spaghetti and pine nut pesto sauce. Also a whole bunch of cool blends. I'm thinking the aloha sunset. I may have to get a pineapple, not sure but i have everything else. I should just get one then i could make a pina colada and an avocolada as well.

So exhausted, need sleep. Busy day tomorrow getting some stuff taken care of. You doggy and ferret are so cute trogether. Porkchop, what a name!

I told you girl, do not feel bad eating in front of me. THOUSANDS have on catering gigs and I served them all this last 1 1/2 months. Besides, I offered to serve you; you can't say no to an italian who offers you food, you know that!

Get here safe and lemme kknow what's up. Looking forward to training with you as well.....

I'm in brooklyn! woo hoo! soon to be portland. it wasn't too bad of a drive and i made it here in about 3.5 hours. GIacomo is awesome! such a nice guy all around and so hospitable. i'm really glad i came out here early. we trained at his gym last night and it was a lot of fun. i was a little disoriented at first, but i got into it. did back, chest and bis and it was alittle different rep scheme than usual on some excerises because the db weights were different so i was just guessing. i still got a great workout in. the cardio machine was this crazy thing. part elliptical, part stairmaster????? whatever, it was very different and made my hour of usual boredom kinda fun.

plus i got to watch giacomo from the second floor. he's pretty intense. vegans training with vegans. i love it

Just wanted to tell you, you're a total hottie!!

It was a pleasure meeting you last night... I wanted to speak with you more,

but I have a difficult time..because I just want to engage in intimate

conversation with everyone.. hah

ande suma (and i will say it correctly from now on ), it was a pleasure to meet you, and i wish i hadn't been so drained as i would have loved to talk to you more!!!! hopefully i'll see you again before we leave and i'll steal you away from giacomo for a second MY TURN! just kidding. and you are stunning yourself! absolutely beautiful darling.

we joust bought so much produce it is unbelievable!

edit: this is lean and green's computer, but this dani and i neglected to see who i was logged in as, until after i posted this, and now it's just hilarious, so i'm leaving it. i wonder if he notices it.

HAVE I MENTIONED THAT PORTLAND IS AWESOME AND I WILL BE MOVING HERE SOMDAY????

robert woke giacomo and i up last night at about eleven (internal clocks still not back on point yet) to go to the gym. groggy and crusty eyes we went, and all three of us were planning on doing legs, but we almost couldn't get in.....luckily the two charmed the desk guy into letting us slip under the radar. My workout was good, a little strange as new gyms kind of discombobulate me. but i did everything and felt tough because this hack squat machine is so much lighter than the one at home that i got to load fifty pounds on it. yeah i felt badass.....until giacomo got on it and loaded plate after plate after plate on and repped away. and robert, not to be outdone by giacomo, proceeded to do leg presses up to 910 lbs......910 lbs!!!!! asking me to help spot him ( i don't know how much help he thought i would be if 910 lbs were to start falling.....HAHAHA! but Jack was on the other side so i guess he'd be all set)

doing reverse lunges me left knee started to feel really stressed, so i only did two sets. hopefully that goes away quickly. i crammed in 20 minutes of intense hiit training because i knew i wouldn't be able to squeeze in 60 minutes low intensity before the guys were done. it was fun though. robert is a trip to watch train! YEAH BUDDY! AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A PEANUT!

today i got in some good fairly low intensity cardio when giacomo, jessi, james, jimmy, and i went climbing up to mt. multmomah--the second largest waterfall in the u.s.

awesome!

diets been a off track. not horrible by any means, but too high in carbs (almost entirely fruit though so i'm not too worried) but hopefully the extra working out will help with that. I'm not gonna stress over a few pounds gained on this vacation. i just want to not be stressed out for a minute. and i'm not. i'm really freaking happy right now. I have met some absolutely awesome people since monday. i'm ecstatic.

oh and on a funny note, we plowed through almost $80 worth of produce since yesterday....

OMG, that is hilarious that you did that post logged in as Giacomo! Love it! Too funny.

(Pig Latin code below)

I am experimentingray ithway a ersionvay of a awray ietday... shhhhhhh don't tell anyone!!! You will be one of the first to know if I end up sticking with it. I got a book that I'm so WAY into! Or course it is very high in protein and I'm putting my own spin on it, but so far two full days of about 95% awray....

LOL. Looks like your having a great time... Yeah, you gotta be careful with reverse lunges and make sure you come straight down on that back foot or you can get injured.

can we say off traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack? i'm not even worried about it right now to be honest though. i beat myself up constantly, and i think its ok to take a small hiatus. if i gain a few pounds its not the end of the world and i'll have it gone again within a month without a doubt.

oh! and melissa! that is really cool. i have eaten more raw food in the last week than i ever have and i feel great! actually today i had my first heavily cooked meal (BBQ tempeh sandwich) and while it tasted delicious, i felt like garbage afterwards. i just wanted salad. i think this vacation will pay off in the long run in many ways. although i may not be 100% on track for fat loss, i am learning a lot about nutrition and dicipline in general. ket me know how it works out for you. i am highly interested.