Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: here goes! My fitness log...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:19 am 
Manatee

DAY 1

7/7/08

Breakfast:
brown rice veggie sushi (brown rice, nori, avocado, asparagus, yamagobo)
medium soy latte

Lunch:
Gnu Foods 'Flavor & Fiber' bar
coconut water

Dinner:
Japanese Restaurant-agedashi tofu, udon soup w/ tofu & spinach, edamame, & 1pc veggie tempura

Snacks:
apple slices, 1 orange, handful pumpkin seeds, & some of Finn's pretzel sticks :?

:::WORKOUT:::

20 min cardio (elliptical, bike)
20 min strength (quads & shoulders--trying to get familiar w/ some new machines)

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:36 am 
Elephant

Nice assortment of meals yesterday! Love the picture, sushi is so beautiful and fun to make too!

I asked my colonist about juice feasting while you are breastfeeding and she told me as you expected that it's a very bad idea. So I guess you could always do it at a later point.

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:51 pm 
Manatee

oh thank you so much for asking!! I was afraid that would be the answer :( I will definitely do a juice fast when I am done bf-ing, though hopefully that will be another year or so.

thanks for commenting :) .... I was pretty happy w/ my food yesterday though I wish I had been able to get in a better workout before the "kids club" at my gym closed... oh well, at least I got in and did SOMETHING.

here's today so far:

I spent from 9-1 taking my dad to the dr. and that is why I didn't eat breakfast... i know it is bad and I should have grabbed a banana or something, but when I am around him I am just too tense to eat.

7/8/08

breakfast:
small soy latte

lunch:
brown rice and vegetables (broccoli, bamboo shoots, mini corn, carrots, celery, mushrooms) and avocado w/ spicy sauce (olive oil, liquid aminos, cayenne & nutritional yeast)

dinner:
1/2 'Amy's' vegan no-cheese roasted veggie pizza

snack(s):
handful pumpkin seeds
mini vegan ice cream sandwich :)

planned: 60 min cardio (elliptical & uphill treadmill) ACTUAL: 15 minutes on the elliptical :evil: arrrrgh.... my dad monopolized my time again today and I got to the gym with only 15 minutes before the kids club closed :(

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:51 pm 
Manatee

WOO HOO!! I got my:

haha, this is hilarious:

I heart Japan!!

ok so the first thing I shredded was a cucumber, I added liquid aminos and a little rice vinegar:

I can't wait to make more stuff!! I am off to the farmers market tonight.

7/9/08

breakfast:
large soy latte
organic vegan raw food bar w/ flax

lunch:
soy protein smoothie (after workout)

dinner:

I got some zucchini @ the market and shredded it into "spaghetti" and lightly sauteed it w/ tomatoes & tofu and put it all over some romaine lettuce. YUMMY!!

snacks:
organic baby carrots
organic corn chips (10)
grapefruit spritzer
cucumber "salad" (above)
'So Delicious' soy ice cream sandwich

20 min on the coolest cardio machine ever... I don't know what it is but it is new to my gym and so so awesome (kinda like running without putting pressure on any joints..... like a more maneuverable elliptical machine?)
30 min treadmill
20 min strength circuit (all machines at level 3 resistance 3 sets of 10-15 reps)

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:45 am 
Manatee

Hereis that cardio machine I described in my last post, it is called an adaptive motion trainer (i think?) it is SO FUN!! Has anyone else used one??

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:40 am 
Elephant

:wohoo: :wohoo:

A raw Food Bar, very nice choice! May I ask which kind? I like 'Raw Revolution' bars and 'Lara Bars' yum yum.

Also, i've seen ones like that before in restaurant suypply shops but i've never used on. It seems even easier and more effective, like a professional machine. How does it work? Long spaghetti I hope? When you said shredded, I was wondering if the pieces were long or not; I would bet they are.

I have never used that machine but our gym recently just put in two and everyone loves them as you can change movements to up and down to forward and back throughout your workout.

I usually get my cardio in on the racquetball court or jogging and cycling. It looks like fun though. Anyway, NO MORE CARDIO FOR ME right now at least. Gotta maintain where i'm at ;) I think I going to enter a race for this sunday though.....

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:41 pm 
Rabbit

veganmama wrote:
DAY 1

7/7/08

Breakfast:
brown rice veggie sushi (brown rice, nori, avocado, asparagus, yamagobo)
medium soy latte

Wow, those look so good!! But... sushi and a latte for breakfast?!?! :smt119

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:05 pm 
Manatee

Lean and Green wrote:
:wohoo: :wohoo:

A raw Food Bar, very nice choice! May I ask which kind? I like 'Raw Revolution' bars and 'Lara Bars' yum yum.

Also, i've seen ones like that before in restaurant supply shops but i've never used on. It seems even easier and more effective, like a professional machine. How does it work? Long spaghetti I hope? When you said shredded, I was wondering if the pieces were long or not; I would bet they are.

I have never used that machine but our gym recently just put in two and everyone loves them as you can change movements to up and down to forward and back throughout your workout.

They are called "Organic Food Bar" haha... really creative name, right?? there are three varieties(that I have seen); vegan, omega-3 flax, and chocolate (the vegan and omega 3 are certified vegan) THEY ARE SO GOOD!! the main ingredients are almond butter, dates, and bio-sprouts(?) the vegan bar is 90% raw and the omega-3 bar is 100% raw... they are all cold processed. I like larabars too! They are intense though so I like them as a desert or treat. I KNOW I have had one of those 'raw revolution' bars before but I can't find them anywhere around here.

I REALLY like the spirilizer/shredder thingy... it was a little hard to shred the zucchini because it was organic so it wasn't perfectly straight. It DID do long strands of zucchini!! IT was SOOOOO GOOD. I could eat that every day, and it was really good raw too... I just lightly heated it for my mom and husband, I don't think they would have eaten it cold. Anyway, my husband got that for me from one of his Japanese suppliers and sold it to me for only 6 bucks! :D it has 3 different blades for strands, thick strands, and shredding (like cabbage).

I like racquetball too... that is a fun way to get some cardio.... too bad you can't do cardio for a while but HIGH FIVE for being at maintenance stage!! Way to meet your goals and be an inspiration to us all!!!

I really love that cardio machine... It is totally addicting, I could have done it for an hour but I got interrupted by the kids club lady telling me that my son had a poopy diaper :?

I just ate a pretty big lunch of mediterranean food so I am going to go "work it off" on the AMT- right NOW as a matter of fact..... :)

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

Last edited by veganmama on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:08 pm 
Manatee

GregX999 wrote:

Wow, those look so good!! But... sushi and a latte for breakfast?!?! :smt119

Greg

haha.... yeah my husband is a sushi chef so he makes me sushi in the morning when I take him to work :P I guess that combination does sound kinda gross now that I think about it!!

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 pm 
Elephant

The cardio machine is also called the AMT for short. The Y I go to, got in 3 last November I think, and it is by far the most popular cardio machine on the floor. People will wait like an hour for the thing, it's crazy, just go outside and run in that time, lol! I tried it once but I think it would take me few more times to be comfotable with the motions of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:33 pm 
Manatee

hsorlando wrote:
The cardio machine is also called the AMT for short. The Y I go to, got in 3 last November I think, and it is by far the most popular cardio machine on the floor. People will wait like an hour for the thing, it's crazy, just go outside and run in that time, lol! I tried it once but I think it would take me few more times to be comfotable with the motions of it.

you know, it is odd because when I run outside my chest tightens up (asthma) but on that machine I am basically running but my breathing is fine! I don't know if it has to do with the air quality outside or what.... I just love the feeling of weightlessness on the AMT.... I feel like I am running in space :P .

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:37 pm 
Manatee

I just wanted to update anyone who is following my little blog:

On Thursday my dad fell at his house and we had to go help him up, which took 3 hours of my husband and I trying to lift a 250lb man off of his bathroom floor. He has fallen a few more times since we got him up and we had to call an ambulance twice... finally they have admitted him to the hospital, so things have just been really crazy for the last few days... I have not been able to work out or really track my diet. Hopefully all of this hoopla will be over soon.... and life will get back to normal.

-Theodor Seuss Geisel