Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Food Log w/ pics
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:49 am 
Gorilla

I'm Your Man wrote:
Thanx for the visit Mangosuma !
Those where I wrote "delicious" are delicious!
Next week when I'll eat solid foods I want to try that fruit salad that yo like, even if it's bad for digestion, it must taste good: mango-avocado-banana.

:lol: :D

Oh, ..it's amazing. The fruit salad. You will not be disappointed.
Especially if you make it with Manila Mangoes.. they are just too addictive... haha

http://www.organicconsumers.org
http://www.rawfoodexplained.com

:::::
http://www.myspace.com/andesuma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:32 am 
Rabbit

I'm Your Man, i see you ate raw potato, what type was that?

i've heard mixed reviews on eating raw spuds from one extreme saying it's therapeutic to the other saying it's bad for you.

did you ever try yamaimo, it's a japanese mountain potato eaten raw (sliced up with soy sauce or grated into a paste). it has a sticky film like okra or natto, too, if you like that (which I personally do...).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:53 am 
Elephant

paulcats02 wrote:

i've heard mixed reviews on eating raw spuds from one extreme saying it's therapeutic to the other saying it's bad for you.

did you ever try yamaimo, it's a japanese mountain potato eaten raw (sliced up with soy sauce or grated into a paste). it has a sticky film like okra or natto, too, if you like that (which I personally do...).

I don't remember having raw potato ! where? when? during my liquid fast? maybe in a veggie cream with avocado, it should be good.
Those kinds of potatoes seems interesting, I'm gonna try one of these days. Bananas, potatoes and avocados are really polyvalent foods that can be used in so many ways and taste great when mixed with so many different foods.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:24 pm 
Elephant

Cool! Was worried you were having trouble sticking to it as I did not see any blog posts but somehow I knew you were in track. What's up with that 'Sun' picture.... It looks like a Kirlian Photography image but you just used a conventional camera! That's talented picture taking 8) :wink:

Some interesting combinations. I enjoyed looking at them.

Those energy drinks, duuuuuuuude, what's in those things? At the very least, there must be alot of carbonation. I saw you wrote you knew they weren't good for you. You don't need those things on a fast/feast. You're dropping alll that weight, eliminating trapped gasses, ok i'll stop, i know you know all this already.

What's in them out of curiosity... Yerba Mate, Ginseng, Guarana, Ginko?? Stuff like that? What else?

Though I do not take in caffeine, with the exception of raw cacao and perhaps some yerba mate sun tea I will brew at home from time to time, I can merit the use of it for the last 2-3 weeks before something drastic just to push things to the limit. Like for instance, the 2-3 weeks before my competition, chances are I will be taking in a 200-400mg dose of caffeine to fine tweak my body and prepare for the dehydration process. I also like to use things like juniper berries and natural diuretics but this is only pre comp stuff.

Save that stuff for until after the cleansing if possible.

But anyway, you look great in your avatar (def take after pics for sure, would be a shame if you didn't); enjoy the breaking of it next week and DON'T GORGE, transition slooooooooowly. Would you like me to send you via airmail some of the organic dried prunes I made? I'll ship it quick so it gets to you. I can send it monday morning 3 day or something. You can soak them and have them as your first solid meal.... pm me your address

Glad to see this update, keep it up G.U.I.L.L.A.U.M.E. ;)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:15 pm 
Elephant

ahah thanks Giacomo.
You're right, those energy drinks are not good for the body, especially the glucose-fructose syrup is not a cleansing ingredient at all. In you're interested in the ingredients, yes the ones you mentioned, also synthetic caffeine, taurine, vitamins and minerals, carbonated water, other synthetic stuff. The green can is a bit healthier : just green tea, yerba mate, acai and guarana, but also cane juice and carbonated water.
It's a good tactic to use green tea and other drinks like that during final days of cutting phase, right before comp.
The slow transition will be 2 weeks of just fruits and greens :)
Of course I'll take after pics, because after I'll eat too much :wink:
I'm interested in those dried prunes, thank you! I'll send you a pm.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:43 pm 
Rabbit

I'm Your Man wrote:
paulcats02 wrote:

I don't remember having raw potato ! where? when? during my liquid fast? maybe in a veggie cream with avocado, it should be good.
Those kinds of potatoes seems interesting, I'm gonna try one of these days. Bananas, potatoes and avocados are really polyvalent foods that can be used in so many ways and taste great when mixed with so many different foods.

Actually you didn't have it... I am mistaken it was "raw potage: avocado, celery, tomato, carrot, beet" that I misread as raw potato!

But, yeah, by all means, do check out the Yamaimo aka Japanese mountain potato...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:30 pm 
Elephant

ahah! I don't even know if "potage" can be used in English ? In French it means a thick soup, like a cream.
But before starting the liquid diet, I made a vegepate using raw turnip, which is kind of in the same family than potato, a root vegetable. I'm sure we can eat raw potatoes and yams, it's just they're hard as rock!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:58 pm 
Rabbit

I'm Your Man wrote:
ahah! I don't even know if "potage" can be used in English ? In French it means a thick soup, like a cream.
But before starting the liquid diet, I made a vegepate using raw turnip, which is kind of in the same family than potato, a root vegetable. I'm sure we can eat raw potatoes and yams, it's just they're hard as rock!

actually the yamaimo i refer to is like a crisp apple; it has a higher water content than your typical potato but when you grate it up and mix it, it becomes a sticky gelatinous mush.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:52 am 
Hey, I'm Your Man,

I am concerned about your use of soy proteins. They are largely indigestible and they create congestion at the cellular and lymphatic level.

Better protein is raw and alive. Organic hemp, sunflower and/or sesame seeds. Organic raw almonds or cashews. Soak overnight. Rinse thoroughly. Blend with organic ripe banana, berries or other fruits. Add any combination of ginger, coriander, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste. Use agave to sweeten. It is better than stevia.

Chia seeds can also be used this way. They should also be soaked overnight to activate life force and eliminate enzyme inhibitors.

To above blender drinks you can also add 1 or 2 tablespoons red or golden flaxseed. And a tablespoon of organic flax or coconut oil.

Raw protein is the best protein as it is optimally bioavailable.

Love, Richard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:55 am 
Elephant

RTascajr wrote:
Hey, I'm Your Man,

I am concerned about your use of soy proteins. They are largely indigestible and they create congestion at the cellular and lymphatic level.

Better protein is raw and alive. Organic hemp, sunflower and/or sesame seeds. Organic raw almonds or cashews. Soak overnight. Rinse thoroughly. Blend with organic ripe banana, berries or other fruits. Add any combination of ginger, coriander, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste. Use agave to sweeten. It is better than stevia.

Chia seeds can also be used this way. They should also be soaked overnight to activate life force and eliminate enzyme inhibitors.

To above blender drinks you can also add 1 or 2 tablespoons red or golden flaxseed. And a tablespoon of organic flax or coconut oil.

Raw protein is the best protein as it is optimally bioavailable.

Love, Richard

Thank you Richard, I'm taking notes of your tips.

You're right about soy, I've already made the decision a while ago not to buy any again. I'm just gonna finish the bag that I already have because I don't like to waste. Hemp protein powder is my best option and I already consume some everyday. Spirulina, chlorella are interesting but not available except on internet and too expensive for me. Besides I'm pretty sure the nut taste of hemp is better.
And like you said, there's always whole foods like nuts, seeds, etc.
Chia yeah, very interesting, I eat some these days, blended for the liquid diet.
I didn't see any agave nectar in my food health store yet, perhaps I'll find some when I move back to Montreal and will replace it for stevia, but stevia is good because it's 0 calories, what's bad about stevia ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 am 
Hey "I'm Your Man",

You're doing great!!! Really.

Nothing particularly bad about steiva. I like the taste of agave and the agave does not cause a gylcemic spike.

You're definitely on the right and intelligent course. Enjoy the seeds and nuts and chia. Always soak seeds overnight before using, as I have previously indicated. Our book on that subject is currently out of print, but I think there might be a new contract in the offing.

I'm very proud of you.

I was in Montreal twice. I went to the special Monet exhibit at the museum there some years ago. Recently I traveled to Toronto to help my friend with breast cancer. God, did we shrink that tumor fast. I can send you the protocols I designed for here. What a trip. All natural. All good. Non-toxic. Healing. Curing.

Love, Richard
RTascajr@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 am 
Hey "I'm Your Man",

You're doing great!!! Really.

Nothing particularly bad about steiva. I like the taste of agave and the agave does not cause a gylcemic spike.

You're definitely on the right and intelligent course. Enjoy the seeds and nuts and chia. Always soak seeds overnight before using, as I have previously indicated. Our book on that subject is currently out of print, but I think there might be a new contract in the offing.

I'm very proud of you.

I was in Montreal twice. I went to the special Monet exhibit at the museum there some years ago. Recently I traveled to Toronto to help my friend with breast cancer. God, did we shrink that tumor fast. I can send you the protocols I designed for here. What a trip. All natural. All good. Non-toxic. Healing. Curing.

Love, Richard
RTascajr@aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:56 pm 
Elephant

Thanks Richard.
I found some agave nectar today at the same food stores I go every week, just first time I notice they had some.
So I bought many small items, some quite interesting and intriguing because I never bought them before. Some junks or cooked foods but I won't eat them now, I eat only raw, natural foods for at least 1 or 2 more weeks.
Organic Raw Blue Amber Agave Nectar... whole garlic, whole cinnamon sticks, whole nutmegs, RedStar nutr. yeast, Banana Split Oreos (lol, because the price was reduced), olive oil w/ rosemary infusion, Organic ice cream cones, peanut butter w/ dark chocolate , prepared hot horseraddish, spinach potato gnocci.

Today was my first day of solid foods after 1 month - exactly 30 days- on a liquid diet!

So I ate many tiny meals, and continued to drink some stuff:

-raw "apple-almond-cinnamon" Chia Goodness
-strawberry-yellow kiwi smoothie
-a bunch of strawberries from Quebec
-about 5 nectarines
-raw "cranberry-ginger" Chia Goodness blended to cream, with added walnuts
-green tea
-dates, dried pineapple slices
-more stuff that I forgot...
-and tonight I might eat one of those: butternut squash soup, carrot salad or beet salad

------------------

I'm gonna post soon (probably tomorrow) pics and text about my last days of liquid diet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:12 pm 
Great going! You sure know what you are doing.

I sent you a PM.

Attachments:
File comment: ME IN INDIA
RICHARD.jpg
RICHARD.jpg [ 20.33 KiB | Viewed 1403 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:59 pm 
Elephant

My 30 days of liquid diet was far from being perfect -- soy, energy drinks, etc -- but at least I made it, 30 days. Many circonstances didn't help me: the 2 jobs I had but especially the stress from the job I hated,
the weather was colder than normally at this period of the year and raining almost everyday. If it would have been sunny like it's supposed to be during summer, I would have be less tempted by processed stuff and more guided towards fresh fruits and strictly pure water, lots of ice green tea, etc.
Now that the liquid diet is over, today was the first day that seemed like a summer day... 8) So I guess it's gonna give me a boost of energy, to continue with fresh products, lots of liquids, and it's gonna help me to stay away from junk foods for a while.
I'm happy the liquid diet is over, because honnestly, I was feeling pretty weak most of the time, and had energy to work out only 2 days per week. I don't know if it was because of a lack of calorie intake (or a too high % of the calories coming from processed stuff like soy protein and commercial soy milks) or just psychological reasons that had nothing to do with the fact that I wasn't eating anything: I think it was because of my job, it always caused a loss of energy to me. Now that I started to eat again, I have lots of energy, but maybe it's only because I know I only have 3 more days to work at this place and then I'm free!
Free to do what I like to do during summer :
to read and relax under the sun, tanning, meditating, cycling, drinking ice tea, working out, etc... Eating vegan ice cream, but not now, in a few weeks 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next