June is for JuiceFeasting!(46day liquid diet)BROKEN;videoadd

I apologize for the volume weirdness, i had a fan on, it's super humid here..... I'll refilm this at a later date btw, there is no chewing or swallowing of them them, the outer layer is sucked out then you spit them out. Posted a pic of what on looks like once the outer sticky resin like layer is sucked off.....

(cassia pod, last batch of fruit bought today and last batch of buckwheat sprouts for this feast)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090070.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090060.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090061.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090062.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090063.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090064.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090065.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090066.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090067.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090069.jpg

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, yeah, that makes sense (IYM and L&G). Especially the psychological thing.

I've been experimenting with an 80-10-10 thing but tying to have entire meals of just fruit, or even going a whole day or two. And it's true, the volume of food can be overwhelming - for that I've certainly blended up a giant smoothy or two. I've been able to stick to at least 1 or 2 meals a day as just fruit for the last couple weeks, but my cravings for (addiction to) cooked really gets to me. I actually haven't even been vegan for that long (I've jumped in and out for about a year now - but have been for about a month now) - and that's been pretty easy - I haven't had much desire for meat, dairy or eggs (well, maybe seafood a little...)

L&G, I didn't know you were eating that many more calories than before. I guess if we had nothing to do like gorillas then we could sit around all day just chewing.

Greg

Greg Yeh, I suppose but how boring would it be to chew ALL DAY LONG!

You know, I haven't really looked into the calories or ratio of what i'm putting into my body but if I had to hazard a guess, I would say it is something to the effect of:

60% carbs

30% protein

10% fat

That's just a guess. I know fat intake is pretty minimal. Even if I consume alot of the fatty fruits like avos/coconuts/durians, I still get most of my calories from carbs and protein overal. Some days, i'd say fat is even lower. Also some days, the carbs and proteins are more balanced in ratios like 50% 40% but I think it's more like as mentioned above overall.

Cassia Pod Purge Report

-Well I was surprised as I went to bed and absolutely nothing happened at all. I felt a little different right before I went to bed and I had a feeling something was churning but nothing before that. I sucked on the Cassia disks at 12:00pm and they're supposed to kick in 4-6 hours later but it was 12am, 12 hours later and nothing happened. WELL, I woke up several times in the middle of the night, say around 2:30 4:30 and couple of times from 5-6am and it was flying out of me. I guess everyone is different, especially considering what i've been doing in comparison to the norm. Very intense and relentless. I finally got some sound sleep from 6-8am and then felt like crap like there was much more to let out. Did my enemas and oh man, it was very crazy. Like no other enema prior. Usually by the second bag i'm ok but I knew there was more being held back and I had to keep on going. By the 4th enema bag, I think I pretty much got everything out. I am resting off the intensity of that unbelievable relase right now as we speak.

Truth be told it may have not been just the cassia or not it at all. Could have been the fact that I consumed 2.9 gallons of liquids yesterday. The fact that I consumed twice as much algae as I have been the past two weeks on the daily, or all three reasons. Whatever the case, i'm glad that mess is out of me as I feel so much better. Next time I try the Cassia, possibly saturday, i'm going to do it first thing in the morning as soon as i wake up.

Thursday, July 10th DAY FORTY Hey didn't Jesus fast for 40 days and 40 nights granted I think his was just on water, ahhhh whatever

Morning Weight: 177lbs (-1lb) ok I think this was just from the fact that even though I

consumed alot I used the cassia pod so it went right through me. Kind of dumb, pointless

and wasteful on my part huh? Like trying to accomplish two different things at the same time

that are opposites, o well. Perhaps I can put back a lb of bw on by saturday.

Bodyfat: 8% (same) i'm getting caliper tested at my gym friday morning to see what

that reads out as well as a more advanced scale, out of curiosity for another perspective.

They're both most likely more accurate....

-Performed 4 bag enema flush

Today's Intake

-28oz rejuvelac it is strong and good, nice batch

*going to try and up the fat intake today; perhaps it will stop the progressive weight loss. Last 7 days has been very aggressive. Just about as aggressive as it was during week 1.

-40oz fruit juice blend (4 cups frozen durian)

-32oz organic fruit juice blend (4 organic bananas) 80+lbs of bananas offically polished off!

On to new supplies

-270grams spirulina/chlorella blend in 132oz water (Algae mass consumption is back!)

77grams at 10:30am

77grams at 1:30pm

58grams at 6:00pm

58grams at 9:30pm

-28oz Pina Colada (young thai coconut, conventional pineapple, organic vanilla bean)

-60oz organic vegetable juice blend (organic watercress, organic avocado, organic macintosh

apples, organic Russian purple kale, organic red swiss chard, organic sorrel, organic dandelion

greens, organic bok choy)

-70oz organic fruit juice blend (10 medium organic oranges)

Work tonight, 'Miss Dani' will be attending, no not thendanisays, the cooler named in honor of her. Going to make a whole bunch of blends and juices right now for the next 2-3 days so I can do my thing on the go and not make a drink every 3 hrs...

More pictures from yesterday:

(organic honeydew blend, humongous Avocolada)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090074.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090075.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090076.jpg

Off to cut some durian and take some video footage of the KING

Edited by Lean and Green

I wonder if the whole 'Durian Fiasco' from last vacation had anything to do with Robert chewing on or swallowing a seed? Not to worry, if the desire is there, I will prep one the right way...

Jay Bird, the other bird I am birdsitting was camera sy and didn't want to come to me. As soon as I finished the video, he flew to me and was scratching my foot and cawing

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7100081.jpg

More pictures from yesterday:

(organic honeydew blend, humongous Avocolada)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7090076.jpg

Avocolada?!? Wow, that's interesting. Can you taste the avocado with all that pineapple? Is it just one pineapple and one avocado?

Is anything in your "honeydew blend" besides honeydew? (I thought melons were supposed to be eaten by themselves... true?)

I have to say L&G, this thread is making me want to try the all-fruit thing (811) again. It's so awesome to be able to see someone else (that knows what they're doing) do it to and be able to emulate them. I've never lasted more than a few days whenever I've tried it (or just "regular raw") because I don't know anyone else doing it. I don't even know anyone around here that's vegetarian, much less vegan (I'll be moving in January!!). I hope you keep posting these kinds of things even after your juice feast is over. Did you eat mostly fruits even before you started the "feast"?

Greg

Veganmamma, Tuc, TigreBella and everyone else from the last post, thank you for checking up on me and helping me truck right through this regimen like it was second nature to me! It feels good in itself but that much better to have others around you whom agree and support you throughout. Of course , if and when anyone else decides this is right for them and wants to attempt something similar, I will be right there waiting for youuuuuu SING IT! Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting for You just change here to there and don't think of it as a love song..... dunno it just came to mind.

lol, Lean and Green! Don't start breaking into song and dance now! Well, hopefully I will be able to do some type of juicefeasting in a month or two (after we move)...though certainly not to the extent you're doing it! lol.

I apologize for the volume weirdness, i had a fan on, it's super humid here..... I'll refilm this at a later date btw, there is no chewing or swallowing of them them, the outer layer is sucked out then you spit them out. Posted a pic of what on looks like once the outer sticky resin like layer is sucked off.....

Wow, that is unique. And it's useful for a laxative, you say? Nice. I have some Senna leaves and some Cascara Sagrada powder that I use for my laxatives. It was the only herbal-type laxative I could find at the time...and plus, I got it cheap on eBay! lol. I just looked a second ago, and apparently, I can't find any Cassia Pods on eBay. So I'd imagine I'd have to pay a lot to buy them somewhere else online. So I'll just stick with what I have for now...besides, it may not work quickly as I'd like it to, but I find when I take it at night before bed, I have the urge to go after a few hours or so of waking up. I just try not to accidentally take too much. One site told me to start with 1/2 tsp Senna and 1/2 tsp Cascara Sagrada, then work my way up...but soon as I move on to a full 1 tsp of each, I usually find I get like a diarrhea. lol. So I just stick with the lowest dosage. And some sites claim not to use laxatives or enemas too often, or you'll develop a dependancy on them (and the bowels will not be able to work without them), so I try not to take laxative tea for any longer than 1 week at a time.

But anyway, I hope that's working really well for you. I might look into getting Cassia Pods later on, once I use up the stuff I have...which may take a while to use up, lol.

great durian video, i could almost taste it!

question: after you vitamix it up do you drink it within a set time frame or do you refreeze it... or is the refreezing what you posted about earlier ie when you are not juice feasting you defrost them whole, then slice, scoop, wrap, and refreeze?

i'll tell you, in my experience people who have never had durian, if they don't smell it 'til after they taste it they fall in love with it; but if you smell it first then you may be turned off by it and shy away from tasting it; me, i love it... smell and taste... it's like an out of this world custard, so good.

anway, lean and green, thanks again for all the effort, energy and the sharing of your journey!

if you ever need help carrying durian (or eating durian) or whatever it may be... i am in NYC, too (i work midtown and downtown and live out in Long island City).

My gripe is that it can be a bit challenging to adhere to strictly and like you I just like to simplify and have my favorite raw things together. Admittedly though, I never really learned the ins and outs of food combining. I dismissed it when first hearing about it as it just seemed like no matter how involved I got with a healthy lifestyle there was always another extreme being touted as that much more effective and essential in practice.

I just had to say... I totally agree with this.

I remember when I first heard about Breatharianism... I just threw my hands

up in the air! hahah

Somethings are very extreme.

However after you practice food combining for awhile, it becomes very very

natural and fluid.

Also, I really love how Sunny is always on your shoulder listening to you!

He totally understands and tries to assist, it's cute.

It seems he knows what you're saying..by how you're saying things, and

your arm and facial movements.

Animals are so intelligent.

wow ! I just saw that Blue Sunset drink and the other one, from your post a few days ago, (strange that I didn't see it before )! Very nice pictures and those 2 drinks look more delicious than all or your drinks and mine all combined together

I shall try more exotic drinks like that when it will be more sunny outside, it started to rain everyday again

Greg. The recipe calls for 3 cups pineapple to 1 avocado. The pineapples I have are about 6 cups worth each. So I used 2 avocados per 1 pineapple. You most certainly can taate the avocado. It is pretty interesting and the color is amazing. Electric green. Perfect party drink. When I sa 'blend' it is not that I am necessarily mixing up the Honeydew Melon with anything else; it simply means that I am 'blending' it up as opposed to 'juicing' it. The pulp is in the drink. Had I strained the pulp out or ran it through a juicer, I would have called it honeydew juice. I have heard that as well. It probably makes sense. It may seem like i'm eating 'mostly' fruits but if you break down the figures, like I did at the halfway point, the greens to fruits ratio is straight down the middle. Before this feast, I was taking in plenty of fruit but not as much as now and I was also consuming seeds and nuts. That will most likely change now when I go back to solids as this feels really good. Where are you residing now? Give it a shot, what have you got to lose? Many people make the journey alone, not everyone has support and the friendships of others when they try to transition and adapt to different dietary habits. When I became vegetarian, I did not know a single person who was vergetarian or knew what the heck I was talking about. It actually helped not hurt me. Caused me to dive my head in the books even further to learn instead of hearng things here and there and not necessarily picking up on the facts. Same thing when I went vegan. After that, I started to reach out and meet people, including the raw world. There is something to be said for the self taught road; I enjoyed it. I know alot more IMO then I would have had I not gone that route.

TigreBella, as a fellow member of the 'Guido Fan Club', along with my man Tucinator, I can honestly say, If i'm not working out, i'm dancing!

you can buy them here:

Cassia Pods for SaleThey're not that expensive, just challenging to find. $8.50 for one. It would probably last for like 12 uses at the least. There's tons of disks in them

Thanks for the advice on the cascara; i'm going to look into it for next time. Also for the before bed dose; I am going to try that tonight!!!

Paulcats, the point I was trying to get across is that when the pockets are taken out as whole and you buy 'Pre Frozen Durian' (the cheaper 89-109 cents per lb kind), I feel that there is water retention on the inside of the durian shell which makes the actual flesh taste different texture wise. Even when fully thawed out. It has a unique texture to begin with and throw the rubbery freezer burn texture into it and it will turn off some people right there. If you blend it up and serve you will never experience that. I still enjoy thawed out, personally and I have yet t try fresh never frozen durian but I will soon. At $13.99 a lb, it's an expensive investment to buy in bulk. Considering I can go through as much as 35 lbs a week or more at times. I blend and refreeze always in blended form. I have a little before I refreeze but the rest gets frozen. I am always up for a delicious durian session with a fellow vegan neighbor. I will be in the city for a bit this monday around lunchtime. Maybe we can try to meet up then if you want to have lunch for a bit or something. I'll pm you later tonight. I live in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn btw, fairly close to coney island, south brooklyn, in a sense....

Andesuma, Yeh, try going to Jubb's Longevity with Mr. Breatharian himself for lectures and then getting ideas in your head. He never spoke about it but I was mystified by the whole thing in general and by what he 'claims' to do. I don't know how accurate his claims are; I always see him eating. That's actually what led me to the 17day 'dry' fast I did last year which my body was nowehre near ready for. It is too much for most to handle and I do not recommend anyone else trying it unless you want to land yourself in a hospital somewhere...

I am going to explore food combining soon as it interests me and I think i'm ready to try it in practice or at least explore it. Sunny <3's u!

GUILLAUME! (I'm Your Man) love that name, thanks man. They look so appealing, it's impossible not to gulp them down. Thumbs up from everyone I made it for so far. It's good to make things fun. Visual sensory is just as if not at times even more important than taste!

Friday, July 11th, DAY FORTY ONE (5 days left!)

Morning Weight: 179lbs (+2lbs) Hallelujah! Took long enough to jump back up. I don't

mind it. I am going to have nothing but juices on sunday, a colonic on monday (that always

drops my weight down drastically and then when I get to Portland, I will be cyclng every

morning. I don't want to drop below 175 so i'm making sure to take in alot. Plus i'm doing the

Cassia Pod thing tonight. (I weighed 178 2 minutes later, after I used the john, lol)

Bodyfat: 9% (+1%)

-Performed 2 bag enema flush

Today's Intake

-Nothing as of yet. Going to my gym to get bodyfat tested with calipers and also a floor scale

with hand grips to get different readouts that s/b more accurate; I suppose.

-154 grams spirulina/chlorella blend in 66oz water

77 grams at 1pm

77 grams at 4:30pm

-32oz Pina Colada fruit juice blend (Young Thai Coconut, conventional

pineapple, organic

vanilla bean)

-52oz organic fruit juice blend (7 organic macintosh apples)

-60oz organic vegetable juice blend (organic avocado, organic lemon, organic macintosh

apples, organic watercress, organic sorrel, organic dandelion greens, organic Russian pruple

kale, organic red swiss chard, organic bok choy, organic watercress, organic cilantro)

-70oz organic fruit juice blend (8 large organic valencia oranges)

Did not manage to get any fat in today (17 grams from the algae and perhaps 15 grams from the avocado content in the veggie juice at most). BUMMER Was really busy all day doing stuff and didn't even think about it. I'll try to make up for it somehow tomorrow. Fat doesn't even do it for me anyways. It makes me feel so heavy but I know it would be good to take some in plus it helps slow down digestion which is twice as important at this present moment.....

Sucked resin off 15 Cassia Pod Disks before bedtime (2:30am)

Edited by Lean and Green

How many shock emoticons can I fit onto one page, 60,000 character? x 60,000.

I went to the gym to get a different viewpoint of my bodyfat. My conclusion? There is no true way to accurately measure it only to gauge. The most accurate hydrostatic weighing option is seldom found and not worth the expense or effort.

Well, this is what I found. I used three devices. Two I used on my own and the calipers I got tested with from someone that has been measuring with them for years.

1: More advanced Tanita Floor Scale: 8.6% readout

2. Omron handheld grippr type measure: 9.2% readout

3.Caliper Test (Illiac Crest Pinch): 5 1/2% readout????

The guy was in disbelief and he measured me a total of 9 times. He said the digital models and the calipers are generally somewhat close in readouts but these readouts weren't.

The 8/9 times, the readout indicated that I was in the 3-4% range. I know my body and I know what I look like. That can't be. One time it measured that I was in the 5-6% range. still feel my bf is higher. I asked him what he thought by eyeing me and he said no more than 7% for sure. I guess when I take pictures, perhaps you guys could tell me what you think. I'd say i'm around 7%ish perhaps a bit lower.

Although I get bf around my stomach area, who doesn't, most of my weight is in my seat/child bearing hips. I am all bottom heavy. I bet if he took different pinches and combined an average; I would have gotten a more realistic average. Or maybe if he took the pinch designed for a womens body b/c I have curvy women hips and less bf around my abdominal region

All I do know is that I have a 31 1/2" waist right now and I feel good. I avoid cardio but if I jog/cycle i fly like the wind and my stamina is up there. I lost some muscle for sure but there's no way I couldn't, especially with my upper body being dormant for a month.[/b]

I'm in Rochester, NY (probably what you would consider the far-off wilderness). Rochester actually isn't too bad - the problem is that I live in the burbs (long story - won't get into). But it's only temporary until after the holiday season. So in January I'll be moving. Brooklin & The Bronx are actually on my list of potential places (as is Portland, OR and Boston), but just from what I know about it from movies, websites and people telling me about it - I've never actually been.

How tall are you L&G?

Greg

TigreBella, as a fellow member of the 'Guido Fan Club', along with my man Tucinator, I can honestly say, If i'm not working out, i'm dancing!

you can buy them here:

Cassia Pods for SaleThey're not that expensive, just challenging to find. $8.50 for one. It would probably last for like 12 uses at the least. There's tons of disks in them

Thanks for the advice on the cascara; i'm going to look into it for next time. Also for the before bed dose; I am going to try that tonight!!!

lol, cool! Yeah, I might definitely look into that later...but for now, it's taking me so long to finish the Senna leaves and Cascara Sagrada powder I have! lol. It goes a long LONG way!

Yeah, also, try to avoid fresh Cascara Sagrada bark. Many sites claim it can cause bloody diarrhea and vomiting, and should be aged for at least one year or put through a special heat treatment (I'm not about to try it fresh to prove to myself if they're right...lol).

Some sites claim Cascara Sagrada is a laxative, and others don't, but most sites seem to agree that it is believed to improve the muscle tone of the colon walls. I mix it with Senna (which is widely claimed as a laxative) for just incase. Also, I find it makes a bitter tea, so I add a little sweetener to it (I prefer a bit of maple syrup).

And I had found out about the before bed thing while researching for a good herbal laxative. Many of the sites I learned about Cascara Sagrada and Senna on specifically said it was best to take before bed...I guess due to the fact that it can take about 8 hours to take effect! lol.

Saturday night I will TigreBella. I am going to try to enter and run a race tomorrow morning. Short 4 miler. More cool info, fantastic! Blood and vomit sounds awful! Senna has been around for thousands of years as an herbal preparation to purge. I've done my fair share of extremely bitter and strong herbal concotions. They can get BRUTAL.

Greg, I am just about 6'0", a hairpin under it. It's a pain to say 5'11 3/4", everyone laughs at you. But 3/4 of an inch is significant and I like the way 6'0" sounds so that's what I claim to be

Cassia Pod disks sucked on last night (2:30am) before bed. 7 1/2 hrs later, no movement on it's on but I may have prematurely unleashed it with the daily morning enema flush as it was a pretty strong one. Btw, I did one yesterday as well, just forgot to type it. 42/42

Saturday, July 12th; DAY FORTY TWO 4 more days

Morning Weight: 177lbs (-2lbs) It seems I will be around 175lb by the last day as

tomorrow will be only juices no blends and then one more colonic on monday. If I drop a lb

below or day I say 2, it's not the end of the world. I will jump right back up with the solid food

in Portland...

Bodyfat: 9%

-Performed 2 bag enema flush

Today's Intake

-16oz rejuvelac

-96oz fruit juice blend (8 cups frozen durian)

-234 grams spirulina/chlorella blend in 99oz water

77 grams at 10:15am

77 grams at 4:30pm

77 grams at 9:45pm

-18oz organic fruit juice blend (3 organic macintosh apples)

-77oz fruit juice blend (8 organic bananas, 12oz or 1 box of conventional kumquats)

Sooooo tasty! I love the tart flavor of kumquats. Alone blended up, they're way too intense

but blended up with bananas they it tastes perfect.

-Off to the beach with 'Miss Dani' my cooler and 60oz of org veg juice and water to mix algae

shakes in. Monday thendanisays arrives, the real DANI! Then we're off to vv08 together on

tues. YAY!

-60oz organic vegetable juice blend (organic avocado, organic lemon, organic macintosh

apples, organic watercress, organic sorrel, organic dandelion greens, organic Russian pruple

kale, organic red swiss chard, organic bok choy, organic watercress, organic cilantro)

-50oz fruit juice blend (3/4 conventional pineapple, 2 young thai coconuts, 1/2 organic vanilla

bean)

Edited by Lean and Green

Thanks John V! Almost there. It's a good feeling to know it pretty much has been accomplished. I think I may try a 92 day one next year, who knows. It's so dooable.

Yea Hayley! I always worry about using the word 'juicing' on a bbing board. When I first posted pics here on progress and i said for my old comp pics i was jucing alot, someone mistook it for the other stuff. Ah, I still love the name you have selected and it sounds pretty darn cool to me, thank you!

Fun pics to keep the blog interesting. (Pina Colada, 'Miss Dani' aka my cooler and me at the beach today. I kept humming that old 'kid sister' commercial to my beautiful new cooler that is way better than that plastic monstrosity I was using. I'mm getting a bit better with taking underwater shots but with closed eyes in murky nyc water, it's trying!)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7100088.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7100089.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7120093.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7120094.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7120096.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7120106.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7120110.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P7120115.jpg

Yeh, try going to Jubb's Longevity with Mr. Breatharian himself for lectures and then getting ideas in your head.

Well.... I must say though, David Jubb is definitely one of my favorites out of the

"gurus", he has the best hair.

What is it with raw foodists and extreme hair?!?

His are is marvelous Andesuma! I love that Aussie instrument crazy looking thing that he plays before his larger lectures. I don't have time to look up the name of it; i'll try later. Off to run a 10k race this morning. He is def one of my fav's as well. I learned alot of things from him that most others didn't talk about. Yeh raw foodies and their crazy hair, love it! There shall be some crazy do's in my future for sure

Sunday, July 13th DAY FORTY THREE 3 DAYS LEFT!

Morning Weight: 180lbs (+3lbs) NAWWWICE! Considering I took somewhere in the vicinity of 6000-7000 calories in and about 3 1/4 gallons of juice yesterday, this does not surprise me. Totally done on purpose. I am only doing juices today, no blends and I have a 10k race and today combined with tomorrow and the colonic, I didn't want to drop below 175. Now there is no way that will happen and i'm happy. Had I not did that yesterday; I might have dropped below 175lbs.. phew

Bodyfat: 9%

Today's Intake

-58oz rejuvelac.

-Organic Apple Juice being taken for post race, all I have time to prep. No time to peel oranges and squeeze pulp out; they take longer than apples to do using that technique.

-36oz organic fruit JUICE (7 organic macintosh apples)

-Ahhh they had BOXES and BOXES of granny smiths, granted they were conventional but ah man, I haven't been able to find organic granny smiths for over a month now. Conventional or not, I don't care. I grabbed 6 of them (you'll see the pic of me smiling with them when they send me the post race pic) and I am going to make a nice juice out of them for later. I deserve it! Been eating 95% organic anyways. Btw rocked out a new pb and shaved a whopping 1min22secs off per mile for the 6.2mile/10ker and I haven't even been running! Pays to be slimmer; you go so much faster......

-72oz organic fruit JUICE (19 organic medium sized valencia oranges; some for the beach some

for now)

-36oz fruit JUICE (5 conventional post race granny smith apples brought home)

-32oz organic fruit JUICE (8 organic grapefruits)

-22oz water

-Finally some vegetable JUICE; 32oz; (organic celery, conventional cucumbers, mint not sure if organic or not) This tasted really good.....

Edited by Lean and Green

Hey Lean and Green,

Ann Wigmore was my friend. Though I understand, I am surprised you would refer to rujuvelac as "stink sock water". It is rejuvelac. It must be made correctly in a sanitary fashion and be fresh. I make the best.

Soak one cup organic wheat or rye berries. Sprout until little tail appears. Blend with pure water and leave in clean container on countertop for 2 or 3 days. It will naturally ferment. Should have a lemony fresh yogurty flavor. It is an inexpensive source of much needed probiotics and B vitamins.

You can also do sprouted/fermented seed and nut milks. Soak seeds and/or nuts overnight. Blend with fresh water. Let ferment in a clean covered container overnight. Can further blend once fermented with organic fruit, agave and spices to taste. Kind of a personal kefir like thing.

Best cereal. Soak organic whole oat groats overnight. Rinse. Blend with banana, and agave and spices (coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayene) to taste. Also add soaked flaxeed and either organic flaxseed or coconut oil. Have a good workout!

How was the beach?

Love, Richard

Great stuff, Lean and Green,

Everyone who sees what you write should also google "macca root". That will help alot.

Love, Richard