It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Cycling Around The World
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:10 pm 
Rabbit

hey guys
so ive set up a group for this on facebook
its not going too bad
but could sure do with some extra support if any of you guys are on there?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=67602395160

click the above link to go there, should take you straight to the page
and i hope to see you there soon
would mean a lot to me guys <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:30 pm 
Rabbit

Just got back on this place, I've been pretty inactive I will admit, but I have been out of the country these past few years (not on the tour unfortunately) and now it is time to resurrect it!
Ironically I am actually back at university so again its planned to happen "when I finish", fortunately this time round that is not 2-3 years down the line and I am way more accustomed to traveling now. =D

Well, I guess I am just back here to say thanks to all those who showed support before hand, and also to say if any new people see this and are interested, then give me a shout as I am still looking for Vegan based partners.
Things/ideas for the trip have moved on considerably actually, I know what I am doing and it's expected to be more like a 5 year trip with a whole bunch of "stuff" happening en route from charity work to workshops etc.

http://www.thebigworldtour.com/

I'll keep you guys informed when it's time to roll =]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:30 am 
Finch

Hi there tin-tin. I am new to this forum and just saw this thread. Shamed I missed it the first time round! Sounds exciting still though. And cool to hear you have plans to resurrect the dream! A five year tours sounds incredible.

I recently read this guys book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kBMGbHanLU

and it was fantastic. Though the two of you have different goals, after reading that I was naturall interersted to see your thread!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:11 am 
Rabbit

Foxy Coxie wrote:
Hi there tin-tin. I am new to this forum and just saw this thread. Shamed I missed it the first time round! Sounds exciting still though. And cool to hear you have plans to resurrect the dream! A five year tours sounds incredible.

I recently read this guys book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kBMGbHanLU

and it was fantastic. Though the two of you have different goals, after reading that I was naturally interested to see your thread!

Aaaaaaaaaah . . . Mr Beaumont . . . funny thing about him and that trip . . . the summer of 2007 was the year I originally had my epiphany of cycling the world . . and then yeah like it says August 2007 he went and done it. Must have been something in the air!!! I was well upset hahaha (I as also a teenager at the time and half his age so, you know, burst the bubble and all that!). Luckily though it turns out he done it in the exact opposite way that I wanted to so it wasn't so bad once I forced myself to watch it =D
I did have a few emails with him once though, some tips etc, so it's all turned out as useful stuff =]
I never read his book though, I've read a few other books instead though. Things like the "cycling home from siberia" one, which turns out to be crazily hardcore compared (who would have guessed? haha), and then stuff like the cycle touring guides etc, with all the top tourers giving their views. A lot of the views are quite similar so they're pretty good at pointing you in the right direction. =] Def recommend that Rob Lilwall book though!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:50 pm 
Rabbit

Beaumont's book is quite good yeah.