Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Denise Nicole in Cinderella Shoes (aka seasiren)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:42 pm 
Elephant

Last comp was end of June took a FULL two weeks off, something I have not done since beginning of training about a year and a half ago. It was quite trying some days, as I really wanted to get back to it..... but hoping the full rest period has done it's job. I stayed active as I finished my move from Maryland to Michigan, so def was not sitting on my bottom! lol

Of course now that I am ready I have a head cold I can not shake. I'm not really sure if it's a summer cold or possibly allergies while adjusting to a new area? Anyway, thus the first week back has to be light as getting my breath back has been a bit trying... but way to stubborn to take off anymore time! :mrgreen:

Mon:
Upper Abs: 3 sets
Lower Abs: 3 sets
Obliques: 3 sets both sides
Shoulder press 12-10-8-8-6-4
PU's 12-10-8-8-6-4
Side Lats 30reps x 3sets

Tues:
Wide Lat PD 12-10-8-8-6-4
Seated Rows 12-10-8-8-6-4
Side Delts wm - 30 each side
Seated Bicep Curls 12-10-8-8-6-4
Reverse Curls wm - 30

Hopefully will shake this cold next week and get some better numbers (thus really didn't bother with them this week as I can't go "all out").

No cardio at this time.... I'll incorporate that closer to comp. Taking some time off, back to comp Sept or Oct depending on how I feel or my schedule at that time.

Need to get some research/studying in. Beautiful day so off to the pool for a few hours 8)

Last edited by SeaSiren on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Denise Nicole's Summer Training (aka seasiren)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

Glad you got to take a break!

Enjoy recovery periods, they are so beneficial.

All the best my dear!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:48 pm 
Elephant

robert wrote:
Glad you got to take a break!

Enjoy recovery periods, they are so beneficial.

All the best my dear!

Thank-you! :)

Wed: Rest & Recovery Day

Thurs:
Machine Fly: 12-10-8-6-6-4
Machine Press: 12-10-8-6-6-4
Incline Bench: 12-8-6-6-4 ..... majorly had to back off this one. I generally do not work chest, so a tough area anyway. Then my back was screaming. Time for roter cuff exercises as I am not able to push as much as I can without risking injury (did that one before, recover was horribly long).

Tricep Push Downs 12-10-8-6-6-4
Tricep Press 12-10-8-6-6-4

My chest and triceps are paying for it today.... nice feeling really!

Friday:
Hack Squat 12-10-8-6-6-4 - new gym. Not happy with their machine. I seem to be just barely too small for it. I have to rock to the balls of my feet to reset it and lock it, as I am not quite tall enough.... it also pushes on the outside of my shoulders.... seems to be wider then the one I am used to working with. Was OK since still taking it light this week. But prob will not use it again in the future as there is no way I can push myself on it without injury or getting stuck.

Lying Leg Curls 12-10-8-6-6-4
Standing Calf Raises 12-10-8-6-6-4
Abductors Outer 12-10-8-6-6-4
Abductors Inner 12-10-8-6-6-4

"Eyeballing" my food intake.... since I've gotten used to how much protein etc is in the food I consume. Since I am taken a bit of time off, I am consuming around 1600 on lifting days. Protein around 140, eating 5 approx every 3 hours. Hav a new love .... green tea and fresh squeezed lemonade.... can't seem to get enough! :shock:

No workout scheduled for this weekend. Hoping to get some riding time in (motorcycle) & beach it a bit. Have more paperwork to do, so off to the poolside to enjoy the day! :)

Pic (from cell phone) from Mom's Stable when I visited Maryland where she cares for retired race horses. Apparently my boyfriend was floored to see me do actual outdoor manual labor as I was unloading the hay truck after our 13 hour drive in (was a wee bit hot too, upper 90's), ....yep kicked off the heels climbed up and started throwing bails into through the door, lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:14 pm 
Mastodon

What kinda bike? :)

335 Squat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 pm 
Elephant

Zack wrote:
What kinda bike? :)

It's my boyfriend's Harley Davidson Night Rod Special based off the V Rod.

I'm fascinated by the trick bikes. He said whatever I want, so am looking at a ninja.

I'm undecided, but my criteria is, fast, lightweight, and pink :) .... also need to find pink Kevlar gear to match :mrgreen: Hey now, gotta show those little boys what girls are made of out there in the trick lot ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:04 pm 
Mastodon

have you ever ridden not just as passenger?

Ninja is a good bike. In october/november i'm going to get a zx6r or honda cbr f4i...not sure which yet...the old ninja 500 can't keep up with my friends anymore. :lol:

335 Squat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:15 pm 
Elephant

Yes, but they were honda touring bikes ....so not especially thrilling, lol

How about this puppy??? Can you say saaaweeeet!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:27 pm 
Mastodon

SeaSiren wrote:
Yes, but they were honda touring bikes ....so not especially thrilling, lol

How about this puppy??? Can you say saaaweeeet!!!!

I've ridden with 'busas...they are pretty cool, too fast though. :zunge:

These are my 2 favs...haven't decided which one to get yet, i like the 98-02 ninjas

Newer ninjas look ok, but i like that style better. New ones have a fat ass.

I'd feel guilty going for a honda though. Kawasaki is where it's at. :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jwieel03c-w&feature=related

watch that...390kmh...turbo busa..haha

335 Squat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:02 pm 
Manatee

Seasiren,
Why did you move to Michigan from Maryland if you don't mind my asking?

That is a big change. Good Luck!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:19 pm 
Elephant

Toxic people, there was nothing left for me there. I knew I was leaving, just not sure where it would be. I went back to get my things and of course ran into many of the people I rolled with, confirming my decision..... especially when two of my friends (both big business owners there) where making out at the bar with a 21 year old (his new girlfriend, they are in their 40's) and one of their Nanny's....also in her early twenties, then the girls turned to each other and began....nice (*insert sarcasm). I always refused to date all of them and did go out to bands, etc. But always kind of "watched the show". The show has gotten worse, for me anyway. To each his own, and all that but I'm so glad to be away from it all. I came to Michigan to visit a friend (now boyfriend) when I needed a break from the stress (divorce, etc) and fell in love with the area. I'm a navy brat so "home is where your stuff is", and off I went. Funny thing is, I have found more non-judgemental and extremely friendly people out here. It's a really good fit for me it seems. I have male, female and couples as friends, go out, invited to their homes, etc. It's very laid back and friendly here. And as far as work and competing, it has much more to offer me then where I used to live, from upper Ohio, to Detroit area, to Chicago, to Toronto Canada, all easy driving distance! :)

Mon:
Shoulder press 12-10-8-8-6-4
PU's 12-10-8-8-6-4
Side Lats 30reps x 3sets
weighted Ab machine - 4 sets of 30

Tues: Rest & Recovery Day (normally on Wed, but Tues was impossible to get to the gym, so took it as my rest day).

Wed:
Wide Lat PD 12-10-8-8-6-4
Seated Rows 12-10-8-8-6-4
Side Delts wm - 30 each side
Standing Barbell Bicep Curls 12-10-8-8-6-4
Cubans (for rotor cuff) wm - 30

Thurs:
Machine Fly: 12-10-8-6-6-4
Machine Press: 12-10-8-6-6-4
Incline Bench: 12-8-6-6-4
Tricep Push Downs 12-10-8-6-6-4
Tricep Press 12-10-8-6-6-4

Friday:
Leg Press 12-10-8-6-6-4
Seated Leg Curls 12-10-8-6-6-4
Seated Calf Raises 12-10-8-6-6-4
Abductors Outer 12-10-8-6-6-4
Abductors Inner 12-10-8-6-6-4
* wanted to do cable cross overs here, but there was no ankle cuff in sight! One of the largest gyms I have ever been in, and no cuff... so went to desk and they searched and searched to no avail. They said they would order me one though... older school training. I like the standing crossovers better due to the range of motion. I get a much better burn and like to change it up just a tad from week to week on a 3 week rotation. Hits just a little diff.

Ex flying into town tomorrow with his new girlfriend to pick up my jeep (lost it in divorce) and see the girls. I hope it all goes well for the girls sake!

Off to go work by the poolside and then back to the new house for some cleaning and dry walling. The person who was there had a ton of cats. I could barely hold my head up that eve and the following day from all the dander that must have been stirred up while cleaning. My allergies are tearing me up! Hate taking the allergy meds since they knock me right out, which kinda defeats the purpose of taking them to go actually do work in the house, lol Getting a shampooer in there, but I imagine everything will have to be ripped up. Guess whats under the carpet? Cherry wood floors, which are under a sub floor with horrid carpet or linoleum on top....... I might ask, who the freak does that???? That is insane to hide that floor! :shock:

Met two more neighbors, they are all so sweet! Everyone is offering assistance, they are so happy to see someone in the house who is going to take care of it and the yard. :) Landscaper is coming in to haul away the dead trees and pull up this horrible little wire rolled rusted fence, cut down weeds and plant some native bushes. two apple trees and a pear tree, what kind I don't know, I know virtually nothing about plants except that I'm apparently really good at killing them :oops:

Next week will be even more fun! Ripping out the cabinets upstairs (which will be a bar & gaming room) and installing them in the kitchen downstairs. The one's down stairs are shot... very old, cracked and dark colored anyway. I like the really light cabinets, especially if I can get the cherry floor refinished.

Tried turning the jacuzzi over into the hole on the deck (it's upside down), just to get it out of the way. No luck, that sucker is heavy as all get out. I didn't even budge it. It may as well have been a building. So may have to bother some of the neighbors there.....of course afraid of what might be under it now, lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:12 am 
Elephant

Received a casting call for a new tv series, they are looking for a fitness model. Not sure how they found me exactly, but the producers have asked me to come in on Wednesday afternoon for a meeting. I am "off comp" and generally get a 2 week lead in. I'm sitting at 119, so some serious cardio and food adjustments will need to be made for me to appear at the meeting in good shape. Good news is I look fine in person. But I also know they look for how I am going to come off on camera, so will def. let them know I come in leaner for work.

On the other hand.... they may throw me the concept and I hate it, or they don't like me, etc, etc. We shall see I suppose!

I have a little more information (very little), but will know more after the meeting of course. They are launch 2 new shows for a Men's station (reg men's station .... sports, action shows, etc) and were looking at me for 1, but when the other show came up, they are now looking at me for both. I was told they wanted to meet me since I fit their criteria for what they pictured for the show. A female fitness model with sex appeal. Given the male market, I know from past experience, it's generally the only work I get....so def fits my profile so to speak (I don't see it when I look in the mirror .... still floors me). When ever they tried to put me in resort or women's, no matter how wholesome they tried to make me look, the photos came out much diff and was told on several occasions "I exude too much sex" for that particular market. So I guess rule #1, know your market.

The only market I have done well in that catered more towards women was the Personal Training, instead of instantly not liking me by the way I look, they would say "I wanna look like her" and that's how I have gotten many of my female clientele. Once my clients get to meet me, word of mouth is a wonderful thing :)

Anyway, would love to have the exposure. With my main goal being to help others achieve their fitness goals .... and I really love doing it. Exposure keeps me doing what I love :)

I lost my MP3 charging cord during the move and I guess I have finally given up trying to find it. The only thing I can think, is it was inadvertently thrown out or is in one of my boxes in storage. So need to run and get a charger, cardio without music is terrible! Have not been doing cardio so hasn't been an issue. But now that I have too I'll go insane without it! :shock:

Flattening out (oh joy!) so cardio AM and PM, abs AM and PM, weights this afternoon, sauna and maybe a swim. No more bread, rice etc, no more mock meats or products with high sodium, no nuts or butters, etc (all those make me bloat and retain water). Best get to it! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:32 am 
Stegosaurus

I know your body is just fine!
But how's your head?
You have gone through a lot of stressful events as of late.
Just hoping you're dealing well with it.

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:00 pm 
Elephant

Have a great meeting!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:10 pm 
Elephant

Meeting went very well. :) Seems to be a go.... it's all me, so if I get the viewership, I stay. Standard tv I suppose ;)

On the other end, just going, going, going. Did a modeling appearance over the weekend. Was one of the Dream Girls for the Woodward Dream Cruise. Am doing another shoot next week. Had to work with a hole (literally) in my back through the day in 5" high boots and a "racer" outfit (so freaking cute! :mrgreen: ) But I paid dearly for it the next day. No had a clue as "I'm on" when I work. I tell you about it later...... gotta jet again!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:16 am 
Site Admin

Excellent!