SERIOUS PAIN (from cycling), Important question need help!

Well, I have hoped and prayed that this will go away but it has not yet. So far it has been 2 1/2 days with no major signs of improvement or healing. I am not crazy about talking about this but it is a serious and painful issue and if anyone could give me better insight; it would be most appreciated.......

I rented a bicycle out here in Portland and after the first right, I had slight discomfort in my testicles but after the second ride the next day, I woke up the next day with MAJOR MAJOR PAIN!

It is excruciatingly horrible and somewhat unbearable. I want to cry, it's so bad and it is not going away at all.

Basically, it feels like someone is 'squeezing' my testicles really REALLY hard and not letting go ALL DAY LONG. I have narrowed it down to the fact that it only hurts on one side, my left. I tried to examine them and it seems like that area is kind of extra veiny and swollen, or so it seems. I'm not 100% certain on that. All I can say is that it only feels good if I am sitting or even better laying down. It hurts SO MUCH and causes me to just want to lay down all day long.

I haven't done anything to alleviate it other then hope it passes. I may ice it in a little. I need to do something. Even more importantly, do I need to get to a doctor and seek medical opinion and treatment???? Or is this an injury that is somewhat common with saddles that don't agree with you. Should I wait it out a little longer? I just want the pain to be over. I wake up and it's fine as i've been laying down and then as soon as I start walking around, it is unbearable and all I want to do is sit down again.

any help or suggestion or knowledge in this area would be so greatly appreciated, please I googled all around and seen every possible condition and have no idea which to contibute it to.

I've never felt anything this horrible before...........

Potter has no idea.

thank you

Wow, that really sucks. I wish I had some useful advice other than to go to the doctor, but I don't. Maybe something's twisted around in there? I've had something to that effect happen before, but nothing nearly as painful or long-lasting as whatever happened to you. Hope it goes away soon.

You are always free to contact me privately.

Your pain is traumatizing and difficult for me to hear about. My assessment is this.

It is possible that in the process of cycling there was external strain, stress and or bruising to the scrotum and testicles.

It is also possible, based on my past expereince, that due to the certainly drastic cleanse that you have recently and so admirably undergone, there are residual toxins which are causing the acute irritation and pain in that area and that your now purified and purifying body will pass out the difficulty of its own accord.

It would be wise to be checked out by a competent physician, preferably one with a holistic orientation who can understand the rather rare experience which you have recently had with you JuiceFeast. Allopathic physicians and the machines they use are very competent diagnosticians.

Also, sometimes, Lean and Green, the drastic cleansings precipitate into the bloodstream the heavy metals which have been been assimilated into the system and stored. Those heavy metals, to which all have been exposed due to the widespread pollution of air and water sources, can be very difficult to eliminate, especially as they approach and pass through the bladder. I have found in my experience that zeolite from volcanic ash can help resolve that virtually universal problem. http://www.waiora.com. It does hurt when those metals pass.

It is also possible that calcifications which had formed over the years in the liver or gall bladder are getting ready to pass due to the acute cleansing which your did. The only way out is through the urethra. That is a painful and tearing process. Medical doctors do have drugs, which I know you do not want to take, which can dissolve the calcifications and stones.

I was so high on your intelligent and successful cleanse and also the fun you folks out there are having and sharing online. It is really a bummer to hear about this pain that you are experiencing. I am upset.

I hope it is nothing really. Sometimes these things pass of their own accord overnight or in a day or so.

I hope my advice has been helpful. Feel free to contact me.

SO, SO SORRY IT HURTS SO BAD. You got me all upset now.

RICHARD.jpg.059032e1afdd5fde8f2e0f4a38c76aa2.jpg

Just saw doctor:

diagnosis: Epididymitis

common amongst cylists, sperm tube fluids flowed opposite way thus causing inflammation.

as much as 1 1/2 months without antibiotics to heal; 7 days with antibiotics. Not trying to be some raw food no medication taking hero and taking what needs to be done

doxycyclinione twic a day for 1 1/2 weeks

sucks but hopefully the pain will go away. Offered me vicodin and ibupronfen but I am not doing either of those. No way. I'll bear it.

Thanks for replies! Sucks on vacation and I can't cycle anymore but what can I do?

If this does not improve overnight, I would get to an emergency room, much as you would not want to.

If the diagnosticians and doctors make recommendations for some medical treatment, it would be important to insist that there only the necessary minimum of medicaments as you system has been too purified for the overdoses that they generally deliver.

Again, so sorry.

Good going.

It would be important to take a course of full spectrum probiotics - http://www.medicinenet.com/probiotics/article.htm, including lactobacillus acidophilus and lactobacillus bifudus, while doing the necessary antibiotics. The antibiotics will kill beneficial flora in your large intestine and tend to compromise normal intestinal function and evacuation.

The probiotics will tend to alleviate that symptom of the antibiotics.

Edited by Anonymous

Just saw doctor:

common amongst cylists, sperm tube fluids flowed opposite way thus causing inflammation.

as much as 1 1/2 months without antibiotics to heal; 7 days with antibiotics. Not trying to be some raw food no medication taking hero and taking what needs to be done

sucks but hopefully the pain will go away. Offered me vicodin and ibupronfen but I am not doing either of those. No way. I'll bear it.

Thanks for replies! Sucks on vacation and I can't cycle anymore but what can I do?

Wow! I was just typing a response to this when you posted your diagnosis. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's a sad fact that bicycle seats aren't very forgiving of the male anatomy. There are all sorts of problems that can be caused by compression of the soft tissue of the pelvic floor - epididymitis is one of them. There can also be vascular problems (from compression of the arteries leading to the penis) and peripheral nervous disorders (such as compression of the nerves leading to the penis and/or testicles).

How often/far have you been biking? This is most common in people who spend a lot of time in the saddle. I hope you feel better soon! That's hardcore about refusing the pain meds and NSAIDs - you must have a high pain threshold! Testicular pain is one of the worst types any man could have to endure.

Good going.

It would be important to take a course of full spectrum probiotics - http://www.medicinenet.com/probiotics/article.htm, including lactobacillus acidophilus and lactobacillus bifudus, while doing the necessary antibiotics. The antibiotics will kill beneficial flora in your large intestine and tend compromise normal evacuation. The probiotics will tend to alleviate that symptom of the antibiotics.

Probiotics are definitely helpful if you experience any digestive problems (but not everyone does, and it depends on the particular anitbiotic), or as a prophylactic to try to avoid any problems. Does anyone have experience with soy yogurt? Yogurt is the old school way to introduce the extra bacteria to your system, but I'm not sure if there are any specifically probiotic soy ones (I only know that there are a bunch of probiotic dairy ones). ***Just remembered you're on your juice diet - there are plenty of probiotics available in pill form.

Hey Medman,

Poor Lean and Green. After all his exemplary efforts which he so kindly shared. But he will get well fast. Fortunately his youth and committment to his health and his dramatic recent overhaul are on his side.

All the soy yogurts do have probiotics. It is important for people to be careful with soy as some are allergic. Not generally as much as the animal milk products. And soy can cause lymphatic congestion. But back to our main topic.

The action of the probiotics is not simply digestive but rather systemic. I do not have the research at my fingertips, so you can just study it further on your own. Probiotics and beneficial intestinal flora are critical to systemic bodily processes and absolutely essential to life and a healthy immune system. We have discussed this in our books which are available at Amazon.com. (Kulvinskas, Tasca, Wigmore). Others have made sweeping contributions to this field, so it is possible now to just "google" the reference and find out what you want to know.

We make our own probiotics and we intend to introduce our methods to India.

Food fermentation is simple. Most Asian cultures are skilled at fermenting foods to introduce probiotics to them. You can consult our book, available at http://www.survivalinthe21stcentury.com and also Amazon.com.

We do simple overnight countertop fermentation of sprouted seed and nuts milks, sprouted grains and grain milks. Also, sauerkrauts and kimchis, which are indigenous to European and Asian cultures. We make fermented cheese and sour creams from seeds and nuts. You can review our article at http://www.viktoras.org/vikimchi.pdf. This partially explains our technologies.

The mass produced capsuled probiotics are widely available at health food stores everywhere. It is important to choose one that has both lactobacillus acidophillus for the small intestine and upper gastrointestinal tract and also lactobacillus bifidus for the large intestine and lower gastrointestinal tract. The best probiotics, in which we have been involved, are offered at http://simplexityhealth.com.

When people have surgeries or other problems and are exposed to antibiotics necessarily, a simultaneous course of probiotics will speed recovery and counteract the side effects of the former. It is important to remember that most probiotics require refrigeration. When I traveled to India, I did have a unique brand that did not require refrigeration. Those are available for travelers who may want to fend off the bad bacteria that they can be exposed to in drinking water and foods in third world countries.

Anti biotic = against life. Sometimes you have to kill off the bad bacteria.

Pro biotic = for life. It's always possible to put more life in.

Hyrdogen perooxide and ozone terhapies are perhaps the best alternative treatments for infections and viruses. The methods of administering these therapies are, indeed multitudinous. Please consult http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-8190113-1222246?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=flood+your+body+with+oxygen&x=12&y=21

If I need a surgeon, I'll surely get in touch! I sent our Raw Enewsletters privately as per your request. It's a trip. Stay in touch.

Can't someone make a good saddle so that people don't encounter the type of pain that dear Lean and Green is trying to cope with??????? My father, who loved his bicycling even when elderly, required prostrate surgery and then had a bout of internal bleeding through his urethra caused by being in the saddle. I don't have a bicycle anymore.

RICHARD.jpg.be93c0818f5eef8f3a1284076f1702dd.jpg

ME IN INDIA - I HAD MY PROBIOTICS THAT DAY!

Edited by Anonymous

Dear Lean and Green,

Your decision to abstain from the pain medication is admirable. That stuff would be worse than the pain.

There are some common natural alternatives for the pain. One is arnica gel, available at most health food stores. It can be safely applied topically. http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/arnica-000222.htm

Also, white willow, an herb generally available in health food stores, taken orally, can relieve generalized pain symptoms. http://www.kundalini-tantra.com/whitewillownl.html

We have used both.

Get well fast and soon!!!!!! Hope they make more raw hummus for you.

Edited by Anonymous

Good going.

It would be important to take a course of full spectrum probiotics - http://www.medicinenet.com/probiotics/article.htm, including lactobacillus acidophilus and lactobacillus bifudus, while doing the necessary antibiotics. The antibiotics will kill beneficial flora in your large intestine and tend compromise normal evacuation. The probiotics will tend to alleviate that symptom of the antibiotics.

Probiotics are definitely helpful if you experience any digestive problems (but not everyone does, and it depends on the particular anitbiotic), or as a prophylactic to try to avoid any problems. Does anyone have experience with soy yogurt? Yogurt is the old school way to introduce the extra bacteria to your system, but I'm not sure if there are any specifically probiotic soy ones (I only know that there are a bunch of probiotic dairy ones). ***Just remembered you're on your juice diet - there are plenty of probiotics available in pill form.

Bio-K soy formula is really good if you need extra probiotics. One serving has like.. 30 billion or something like that. It's amazing stuff, and it's vegan.

Just saw doctor:

Wow! I was just typing a response to this when you posted your diagnosis. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's a sad fact that bicycle seats aren't very forgiving of the male anatomy.

Depends on the bike. I test drove one of these last year. Fantastic. I could believe the claims of the article that these bikes make more efficient use of your leg thrust to produce more speed for the same effort too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recumbent_bikes

Just saw doctor:

You did the smart thing. It drives me insane to read posts like

Well, I got that Vitamix last night finally. I stuck my hand in to clean it while it was running. My fingers got shredded off. I'm wondering if I should go to the hospital or just have some organic sprouts instead

Anti-inflammatories are about more than pain, they actually help healing and they are very safe for short term use. There is nothing moral/ethical about using/not using them. Take the pill. You only get one set

If you want to be stubborn put a spoon full of powdered ginger on your tongue and bang it back with a glass of water. It may not be strong enough for your condition, but it should help.

Tuc's comment is actually sound medically.

Oftentimes buildup of seminal fluids can cause congestion in the seminiferous vessicles and testicles. This can cause pain. In particular, during fasting - and a long and intensive fast was involved here - residual protein which has been stored in the tissues from previous higher protein diets can result in copious amounts of these fluids which require release.

Release is important for overall health. Sometimes Nature takes care of that release of its own accord. Sometimes a person needs to bring about a release in whatever way is pleasing to and appropriate for them. The innate pleasure aspects in this regard produce signals in the brain which are highly therapeutic. But that is another topic.

Hope Lean and Green's condition is alleviated soon. He has lots of valuable experience to continue sharing.

Star_faces.gif.6237acdce0b5bdd9e8c3f1f4ac918912.gif

Edited by Anonymous

You know those massage chairs with the hole for your face...

We need mens saddles with a convenient hole to put your 'valuables' in.

Personally I always ride stood up for vast distances only sitting occasionally in a 'perching' position.

Happy to see all the sympathy and understanding for Lean and Green.

Lean and Green, you are a raw foods hero. And you did make the correct choice to take the antibiotics. Sometimes life is a more complex pastiche than most would care to admit.

I have hated when I had to take antibiotics. But I learned that taking the probiotics along with them help speed the process along and mitigate its side effects.

Medman, when does the shingle for your medical practice go up? We will all want to consult as necessary and then maybe kick back and have a nice raw juice.

Dear Marcina,

I was unaware of the fermented soy probiotic product that you recommended. That is most certainly beneficial to most, although some may be allergic to the soy.

At any rate, it is preferable to the dairy yogurts which are more readily available.

Lactose intolerance prevents many from taking those.

I did send you a PM. Thanks for forcing me to think more carefully on that other thread with the "SICK VEGAN". Sometimes I get carried away.

In Lean and Green's condition, it would probably be best to load up on full spectrum probiotics in capsule form. Its the best delivery system in a medical emergency such as has been handed to him. Vegetarian capsules are now available. It is important to read the label on these products as some are still marketed in gelatin capsules and that is derived from the animal sources which vegans profess to eschew.

As I indicated above, on a normal daily basis we produce our own probitoics as a regular part of our food preparation. That has been going on from time immemorial and is well documented. Its simple and easy. I do, however, like to pop the vcap probiotic caps. I feel like it puts me way ahead.

Moon_crescent.gif.6974c37a6e886f7058794a1ad67b533c.gif

LET'S ALL JUST DANCE IN THE TWILIGHT, REJOICE IN THE GOOD, AND HOPE THAT TESTICULAR PAIN DISAPPEARS FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH. BE THOU WELL.

Marcina mentioned probiotic soy.

I noticed on my soya yoghurts that they were probiotic.I buy Alpro Soya Yoghurts, they are reasonably priced, yummy & very healthy.Also Alpro use sustainable farming methods & are quite big on being environmentally friendly.I also buy their Soya Milk which is fortified with calcium & B-12, among other things.