Renee's newly motivated log

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to say I had a stomach virus for like 48 hours last week.. and then I caught a cold from my daughter over the weekend.. I'm all sniffly and coughing with a headache.. my eyes hurt. Anyhow no lifting.. I did go to skating lessons on Saturday. And I made myself go tonight. I felt like I had to be a good example.. cause a know a certain little girl who doesn't always feel like working.. So I did. I did really good today. I didn't really do anything Saturday except show my new coach what I CAN do already and what I couldn't do that I need to be able to do (stop). So I worked on stops Saturday - that didn't go too well. But I did pretty good today with them. I also tried some backward pumps and I worked on pivots.. two new things I had never done. Cool.

My husband took me skating once when we were in college - I could barely stand up on the skates, they made my calves and ankles hurt, I pretty much hung onto him and the side of the rink. And whined like can we go now. Then about six and a half years ago my husband started playing hockey in a league. After Lex was born I took her to the games to watch. She loved the pretty dresses that the figure skaters wore.. and so she wanted to take skating lessons so she could dress like that. I took her faithly every week, several times a week for about a year and half just watching her learn. Then I decided to 'try' out skating myself. Surprisingly I could do a lot of things that she could do. Things it took her six months to learn - I could do. Yes I know how old she is and how old I am. Anyway - I'm enjoying being able to skate with her but I'm just a figure skating mom.

Solos came out today and she got one! Yay!

• 1 month later...

db bench press 3 x 10 x 35#

db bicep curls 3 x 10 x 25#

db forearm curls 3 x 10 x 25#

db reverse forearm curls 3 x 10 x 8#

cable reverse bicep curls 2 x 10 x 25#

cable tricep press downs 3 x 10 x 65#

db shoulder press 3 x 10 x 15#

biked 7 minutes - had trouble with the bike or would have longer

stepmill 10 minutes - that is really tough.. I want to work up to about 15-20 minutes on a regular basis but it was all I could do to keep at it for the 10 minutes.