I'm ready! Let's do this!

Thanks for letting us know how you feel

You are right, of course - You're doing things in your own time and in your own way - and its great to hear your husband is so supportive.

I know you did not ask for any "personal training" here, so I wont offer any more of that. However, as a blogger, surely you must expect us to respond to what you're presenting, in our own ways.

As for EFT, the issues you are working through are complex. They require a sustained, specific EFT approach to be effective. I can offer some suggestions from my experience if you are interested.

peace,

Jade

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending you positive vibes to support your efforts.

It takes lifetimes to create our life habits, so I'm not surprised when it takes me a while to "turn this big boat around."

Your going to see lasting results from lasting practices.

oh girly, First of all, I am so sorry I did not mean to make you feel picked on or bitched at, or accused of ANYTHING, AT ALL.

Like I said, I have seen many of my family members (including both of my parents) deal with these issues (depression/anxiety) which, FOR THEM, stemmed from abusive childhoods (my dad was physically, verbally, and even sexually abused by his mother and her "friends" and my mom watched her mother get beat up regularly by her father and was the victim of much verbal abuse)... so I guess I was just pained to see another soul dealing with these issues and I *felt* like you were devoting your energy to pushing through these problems with diet, rather than working on healing yourself INSIDE first... ya know what I mean? I shouldn't have assumed that you were dealing with the same stuff that my parents have dealt with. And just so you know, I wasn't suggesting that you spend lots of money on a therapist or anything... just that you take the time to look inside yourself and really heal emotionally AS WELL AS physically...because in MY EXPERIENCE depression and self loathing stems from somewhere deep within yourself (i.e. childhood trauma) and that is why weight gain happens in the first place, not out of stupidity and not knowing that you were unhealthy (because you are obviously too intelligent to have just not known any better). I was really just thinking more of self help kind of stuff-- I know just know that there were a few books that REALLY helped my mom heal and work through the pain of her childhood. If you would like to know more about them I would be happy to tell you, but I won't offer any more unsolicited advice

Most importantly, I am so proud of the efforts that you have made and the progress! The bottom line is that a step in the right direction is a step in the right direction, period. Keep up the good work.

Oh, oh! I really like July 18th!!

oh oh!!

You go girl

lol, andesuma! Wait until you see what July 19th was like...

Thanks for letting us know how you feel

You are right, of course - You're doing things in your own time and in your own way - and its great to hear your husband is so supportive.

I know you did not ask for any "personal training" here, so I wont offer any more of that. However, as a blogger, surely you must expect us to respond to what you're presenting, in our own ways.

As for EFT, the issues you are working through are complex. They require a sustained, specific EFT approach to be effective. I can offer some suggestions from my experience if you are interested.

peace,

Jade

Well, I did ask for any tips and advice, but I never expected all of that. Sorry, I just get emotional at times and feel that people are either bitching me out, accusing me, or pushing things on me in a hurry...and I'm just one person, one shy sensitive person (who's slowly gaining confidence after a harsh past), so that was a whole lot for me to swallow! And as I said, I'm just taking things in moderation, rather than rushing and causing myself to fail. Don't worry, my husband and I are working things out, and we WILL get to the bottom of any emotional issues that may need to be addressed head-on, but only when that time comes.

As far as EFT goes, I'd rather not bother with it anymore at this time. Maybe another time, but for now I'd like to see just how much my body and diet can clear it up on its own over time.

Sending you positive vibes to support your efforts.

It takes lifetimes to create our life habits, so I'm not surprised when it takes me a while to "turn this big boat around."

Your going to see lasting results from lasting practices.

Thanks! I appreciate the positive vibes!

oh girly, First of all, I am so sorry I did not mean to make you feel picked on or bitched at, or accused of ANYTHING, AT ALL.

Like I said, I have seen many of my family members (including both of my parents) deal with these issues (depression/anxiety) which, FOR THEM, stemmed from abusive childhoods (my dad was physically, verbally, and even sexually abused by his mother and her "friends" and my mom watched her mother get beat up regularly by her father and was the victim of much verbal abuse)... so I guess I was just pained to see another soul dealing with these issues and I *felt* like you were devoting your energy to pushing through these problems with diet, rather than working on healing yourself INSIDE first... ya know what I mean? I shouldn't have assumed that you were dealing with the same stuff that my parents have dealt with. And just so you know, I wasn't suggesting that you spend lots of money on a therapist or anything... just that you take the time to look inside yourself and really heal emotionally AS WELL AS physically...because in MY EXPERIENCE depression and self loathing stems from somewhere deep within yourself (i.e. childhood trauma) and that is why weight gain happens in the first place, not out of stupidity and not knowing that you were unhealthy (because you are obviously too intelligent to have just not known any better). I was really just thinking more of self help kind of stuff-- I know just know that there were a few books that REALLY helped my mom heal and work through the pain of her childhood. If you would like to know more about them I would be happy to tell you, but I won't offer any more unsolicited advice

Most importantly, I am so proud of the efforts that you have made and the progress! The bottom line is that a step in the right direction is a step in the right direction, period. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, and don't worry about it. No harm done. I can understand your concern, and trust me, this depression/anxiety/etc. has plagued me all my life. BUT, it has only started getting better since I met my wonderful husband! I'm learning to express myself more and slowly opening up more and more, after trying to hide myself and my problems for so many years. I'm not in such harm that I need to rush to fix my emotional problems, and I feel positive that I can fix most of my emotional problems with a better diet and major cleansing. (The only reason I say most, is because I do admit I will still need to work on some things, like fully trusting my husband when he says everything will be alright, as no amount of diet or cleansing can help me with that.)

And you're right, depression usually does stem from things such as childhood trauma, which is what much of it is like with me (from all my dad's abuse, mostly verbally about my weight). BUT, while I've been hurt since such a young age, I believe it was my parents' stupidity for my weight gain (no parent in their right mind should feed their child so many servings of toxic foods a day, and my parents especially went crazy feeding me such things as mac & cheese and expecting me to "clean my plate" and watching me eat bowl after bowl after bowl in one sitting, and keep passing me more, willingly). My parents were not smart in raising me, but I know I can change the weight problem if choosing the right diet, and finally live a healthier life. The most problem lies in trust/fear/etc., as my dad abused me physically as a child and verbally as a teen. And for that, my husband is helping me slowly get over it...we both agree that it's something that takes time.

So yeah, I find I'm aware of my emotional problems, and am talking with my husband about them. So, no worries...my emotional state is not to blame for my eating habits...I'm just slowly getting out of old eating habits.

July 19, 2008

Breakfast: cucumber, celery, and carrot juice

Lunch: red bean and veggie soup

Mid-day Meal: red bean and veggie soup

Dinner: red bean and veggie soup

Snack: pistachios

Evening Meal: romaine lettuce and tomato salad with dressing (Once we use up the dressing, I'll try something better or eat salad plain, as my taste buds are now no longer liking the dressing! )

Snack: 1 apple

Snack: 1 peach

Laxative tea again tonight!

I walked 2 miles today! (We decided to go to the store to pick up something, but decided to also get nuts! My husband got peanuts, and I got pistachios! I soooo missed eating pistachios! lol! )

July 20, 2008

Breakfast: celery and carrot juice

Snack: sunflower seeds

Evening Meal: romaine lettuce and tomato salad with dressing

Snack: 1 nectarine

Laxative tea again tonight! Last night of it (as I'm sure this makes a week of it already)!

No exercise today. I was too hot to move around much. The temperature was 96 degrees outside today, and due to us having only a window unit air conditioner that puts out very little air, it was just TOO hot and stuffy in our apartment today for me to do anything!

I work out at nighttime when it cools down. Makes it hard to sleep though, if you're all riled up haha.

Early morning might work too, if you're one of those people that likes to get up at the crack of dawn. Early morning walks feel amazing! I tend to not work out as much in the summertime either since it's so hot. I walk to work, and by time I get there and do my shift I'm all stinky and sweaty. It's real attractive.. Lol

I work out at nighttime when it cools down. Makes it hard to sleep though, if you're all riled up haha.

Early morning might work too, if you're one of those people that likes to get up at the crack of dawn. Early morning walks feel amazing! I tend to not work out as much in the summertime either since it's so hot. I walk to work, and by time I get there and do my shift I'm all stinky and sweaty. It's real attractive.. Lol

Yeah, but...I do need to get back on schedule. Sheesh! I've been going to bed late recently! I really need to start going to bed earlier, because this late-night stuff will NOT be good if I end up getting a job when we move to Washington! lol.

Yeah, maybe I can get into early morning walks...as long as it's not too hot and stuffy. I don't know why, but when I'm hot and sweaty, I tend to itch...a LOT! My husband thinks it's toxins coming out with my sweat, and I suppose that may be it. But sheesh...it itches so much! And it doesn't take me much to get really hot and sweaty either!

July 21, 2008

Breakfast: celery and cucumber juice

Lunch: black bean and veggie soup

Dinner: black bean and veggie soup

Evening Meal: 1 slice of watermelon

Snack: 2 apples

No exercise again today.

This week's weight: 230 pounds (-6 pounds) Wow! Keep it coming!

Starting weight: 240 pounds

Congrats on the weight loss, you're doing so well. The diet has improved a ton as well. My only recommendation is to add some flax seed in for omega 3's.

keep up the fantastic work.

Thanks!

Oh, yeah...I didn't make note of it, but I've been putting flaxseed (along with caraway seed) into my bowls of soup.

You go girl!! *snap snap*

*snap snap*

More Greens! hahah

But I was thrilled to see a salad!

lol. Well, any more greens then I've started getting, and I may be stuck only on soup for the rest of the month. Don't worry, once we move to Washington, we will hopefully start adding lots more fresh raw fruits and veggies!

I have to say, I think I'm adjusting to this new diet really well! Though I have to admit, I had guilty temptations when we went to the store tonight, and stared and drooled at the chocolate Hershey's bars (along with my husband, too)! I was like..."Oh geez, I miss these!" and then started feeling that maybe we should get out of the candy isle! In the long run, I'm sure I'll realize that I'm much better without the chocolate and that it's just doing more harm to me. Hmmm...speaking of which, I hope we can get some raw carob powder soon! *drools*

great work so far. it seems to go really well for you. and just to echo what zack said, you should eat some flax seeds!

Thanks!

July 22, 2008

Breakfast: celery and cucumber juice

Lunch: black bean and veggie soup

Dinner: black bean and veggie soup

Snack: pistachios

Snack: 2 apples

I walked 6 miles tonight (and my feet are KILLING me!), as we decided to go to a store further away to pick up some peaches for a cheaper deal! Anyway, I'm going rest now. I'm exhausted!

haha i love walking to far away stores to get a better price on different things! it's what i do on my days off (which is most fo the days)

enjoy the peaches. if you walked 6 miles you mos def deserve them

Oh, trust me, I am definitely enjoying them! I love my peaches! Oh, and my apples, and nectarines, and watermelon, and...and...heck, I love just about ALL fruits! (Or at least the ones I've tried so far!) If I've gotta climb the highest hill or go the farthest distance for my sweet delectable fruits, I'm already there!

July 23, 2008

Breakfast: carrot and cucumber juice

I walked about 2 1/2 miles tonight. Whew! I'm starting to feel a bit more active now! (Besides the fact that my husband said he noticed my stomach area is shrinking, though I can't tell if he's serious or just being nice about it, lol. )

July 24, 2008

Breakfast: carrot and cucumber juice

Lunch: red bean and veggie soup, with homemade naan bread

I got a few more boxes packed today. (Wow, and so much more left to do before the big move! ) XD

I started feeling kinda sick the past few days, with a sore throat and such. I'm holding off on the salads for now, as it's easier on my throat to consume softer and less fibrous foods (even though I may really need the fiber). We'll see how things go, though.

i wouldn't say you need the greens for fiber but they contain a whole lot of other essential nutrients. i totally understand that you don't eat it when you're feeling sick. most people (including myself) use their temporary illness as an excuse not to maintain their diet plan and just eat really unhealthy food. you should be really proud of yourself for not doing the same.

mmmmmmmmmm... broccoli sprouts are SUPER good for you.

They contain over 1,000 the nutrient content of broccoli itself (I believe)

Sprouts are definitely powerhouses.

But it's probably better to just grow your own.. than buy them, because

of bacterial content and traveling long distances.

Great job girl!

I hope you've had time to rummage thru Angela Stokes website a bit.

Also, where in Washington are you moving to???

I am primarily in Oregon these days, but am usually in Washington

at least once per month, we could have raw vegan potlucks!

I know a number of raw vegans in Washington, and they have a

great networking community in the Seattle area

i wouldn't say you need the greens for fiber but they contain a whole lot of other essential nutrients. i totally understand that you don't eat it when you're feeling sick. most people (including myself) use their temporary illness as an excuse not to maintain their diet plan and just eat really unhealthy food. you should be really proud of yourself for not doing the same.

Yeah, I know the nutrients are important too. lol.

Thanks! I almost wanted to just go on a fast or only have soup broth, but my husband encouraged me to try to get some food in me. lol.

mmmmmmmmmm... broccoli sprouts are SUPER good for you.

They contain over 1,000 the nutrient content of broccoli itself (I believe)

Sprouts are definitely powerhouses.

But it's probably better to just grow your own.. than buy them, because

of bacterial content and traveling long distances.

Great job girl!

I hope you've had time to rummage thru Angela Stokes website a bit.

Also, where in Washington are you moving to???

I am primarily in Oregon these days, but am usually in Washington

at least once per month, we could have raw vegan potlucks!

I know a number of raw vegans in Washington, and they have a

great networking community in the Seattle area

Yeah, I may see about growing my own broccoli sprouts. Besides, they're not cheap at the store, and only come in small little packets. I'll look into growing some once we get situated up in Washington, though.

I've been through her website a bit. I definitely saved it on my favorites list to return to later, though!

And we'll be moving to Sequim, Washington (which is in the Olympic Penninsula region). My husband just heard from his friend up there, and he claims the nearest co-op is 5 miles away from where we'll be! I was like "Yeah! Great walking distance! I'm game!"

That sounds nice! Yeah, just so you let us get settled in up there first. lol. Oh, and after we get through our fasting, of course! (We're going to do a short fast down here next month, then a longer fast up there within the first month or two of getting there, as we've been doing some thinking and talking and believe we should definitely do some fasting.) Ooh, ooh, you do? Wow! It's like we were meant to go there! Wooh! Go, raw vegans! You gonna introduce me to them? lol.

July 25, 2008

Breakfast: nothing (aparrently our juicer broke down on us, and only after about 2 or 3 months of owning it! Grrrr! Anyone know of a good replacement? We need a juicer that won't easily break down after such a short usage time. I guess that's what we get for buying cheap! )

Lunch: lentils and veggie soup, with homemade naan bread

Dinner: lentils and veggie soup

Ugh! My period started today (after missing a month), so I'm feeling terrible and have aweful cramps. Nope, NO exercise today! I stayed in bed all day and only got up to eat, drink, and go to the bathroom. I hope it doesn't last too long this time.

July 26, 2008

Breakfast: nothing

Lunch: nothing

Dinner: lentils and veggie soup

Evening Meal: lentils and veggie soup

I'm still feeling horrible like yesterday. I got up at 10 am, but then went back to sleep, and woke up again at 4 pm (so didn't have anything for Breakfast and Lunch, since I was sleeping). I still don't feel well. So, NO exercise again today! Also, since I'm not feeling so well and my husband developed a fever (he's been sick since this morning), we couldn't go buy anymore fruit yet today (so we're out of fruit until we feel better and can go buy more).