Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finally back at it
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:57 pm 
Elephant

Healing vibes to you. I have to take a short rest and heal up a bit now also. You'll be 101% soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:27 pm 
Elephant

Thanks John, I sure hope so! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:53 am 
Elephant

I dragged my butt out of bed super early this morning and ran 6k. We took it pretty slowly, but forgot our stopwatch so I don't know exactly what the pace was. It's a beautiful morning, very nice weather in which to run. My butt (it may actually be my hip, not sure) was mostly ok. I started to feel it a bit at about 2k, but it didn't get to the point of searing pain, it just kept me aware that it felt different than the other side. I plan to run next on Friday evening. Tonight I'm going to do a good stretching session.

ETA: I saw a little baby bunny while running! That was the best part. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:21 am 
Elephant

I was going to run last night but I didn't feel like it, so I ran this morning. I did 6k. I forgot to start my stopwatch so I have no idea how long I took. I learned some stuff though, including the fact that the weight of an mp3 player will pull down my running skirt! So I had to put in in the pouch on the front of my shirt about 500m into my run. I think I ran at a pretty good pace, I had my music going for the first time in a while and some of the best running songs came on in succession. Now I'm off on a little road trip to my hometown, and no more running until Tuesday! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:24 pm 
Elephant

I was away all weekend visiting friends, so I have done virtually nothing workout-wise. However I did spend a fair bit of time playing with my friend's son, which gave me an arm workout. He loves being thrown up and down, so I did that until my shoulders were sore. My friend took a picture and I thought my arms looked pretty nice in it. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:18 pm 
Elephant

I ran 6k tonight. My stupid butt injury is bugging me still, it kicks in at 2k. I am going to make an appointment to see the sports medicine doctor to see if I can at least get it diagnosed so I can figure out if there's anything I can do about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:56 pm 
Elephant

Ouch. A proper diagnosis can be most helpful. Feel better soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:47 pm 
Stegosaurus

I need to get back into running again.
It's been a really long time since I ran. I lost my forum and speed. It's really frustrating :(
Anyways on another note. Great job Pamela
I hope your butt heals :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:34 am 
Elephant

Thanks guys. I really wish I could be out there almost every day but it's just not working out that way and I'm getting better at accepting it. But I'm not giving up, I'm just trying to be patient. :?

Last night I did stretching + abs and I also held a plank for a minute and a half. This morning I'm going to do upper body weights. It's hard to be consistent with things right now with the move coming up so soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:56 pm 
Elephant

I did the upper body workout I had planned. I've decided that I need more of a challenge so I'm going to up the weight on each of my exercises by 10 more pounds. I may have to temporarily drop the number of reps but that's ok. This will now mean I'm doing double the weight I started out with... which sounds impressive but it's still not really a lot of weight because I was just really weak before. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:04 pm 
Gorilla

I hope you heal up quickly! Are you going to the Carleton sports med clinic? My friend went there for her hip injury and had fantastic results.

If you want to keep up some cardio, have you considered a rowing machine? It does involve some legs, but depending on where exactly your injury is, it might not aggravate it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:09 pm 
Elephant

Medman, I have been to Carleton's clinic but wasn't a huge fan. I did physio there for a while, but didn't find it very helpful. I made an appointment today with a place in Kanata because that's the only one I could find that could fit me in next week. Many of the doctors at these places are apparently going to the Olympics with the athletes.

As for rowing machines, I don't actually go to a gym, so i don't have access to one unless I start going to one or buy one. I do my weights on my home gym. :(

I just want to run, dammit! :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:46 am 
Elephant

So I went out again this morning for a run. Sure enough at about 2k I started to feel it a bit. I made it through the 6k run without any real searing or intense pain, but I could feel it was off. Ugh! It hurt for a few minutes once I stopped and was just walking, but after that it completely dissipated and nothing feels off at all now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:16 pm 
Elephant

This evening I did a 25 minute stretching routine, followed by 2 sets of 50 bicycle crunches and a 2 minute plank. I was shaking for the last 20 seconds or so of holding the plank, but held on. :)

I hope to get in at least one bike ride this weekend, and one run. Stretching too of course, and maybe an upper body weight workout.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:54 pm 
Elephant

Today I did an 11 km bike ride, and since about half of it was into a noticeable headwind I actually got a bit of a work out from it. Tonight I did a 25 minute stretching/abs routine. I spent much of the rest of the day cleaning and packing, so I wasn't completely sedentary that way either. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next