tuc's training and eating topic (back in business!)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

offense74, it's just guido humor... "If we're not dancing, we're working out" so whenever I say I'm not dancing it means I'm working out... and vice versa.

Mon 14th July

- Bench press, barbell: Warmup 10 @ 50kg, then 1 @ 82, 4 + 3 + 2 (and f = hurt a bit to lower it on my chest) @ 86 kg (I wished for 5 reps but I haven't fully recovered from the last session).

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 4 x 5 @ 46kg

- Bent-over rows, curl bar: 12 + 10 + 10 + 10 @ 80kg

I'm still quite sore from the last training session. No more today.

Tue: rest

Wed 16th July

- Squats (not that deep, competition deep only), barbell: Warmup @ 50kg, then 1 @ 94kg, 1 @ 104kg (pb), 1 @ 114kg (pb again), 1 @ 120kg (265lbs) (PB!!! 20kg (~44lbs) increase in my previous pb!!!)

- Deep squats, barbell: 10 @ 60kg (just to get some feeling after bp)

- Bench press, warmup 10 @ 50kg barbell, then dumbbells: 10 @ 22kg, 12 + 11 + 9 @ 24.7kg (54.5 lbs)

- Row, barbell (body at 90 degrees): 3 x 10 @ 24.7kg

- Dips 12 + 12 + 10 @ bw

More tomorrow!

Thanks ralst! I'll take more soon!

Too bad I was too busy to work out yesterday even though I promised.

Fri 18th July

- Bench press, barbell: warmup @ ~ 20kg, then @ 60kg, then 6 + 5 + 4 @ 80kg

- Incline bench press, dumbbells (60 degrees): 5 + 5 4(+f ) @ 24.7kg per dumbbell

- Bent-over barbell row, barbell: 10 @ 62kg, 10 + 8 + 6 @ 78kg (longer movement than before, that explains te lower reps than at some days)

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 8 + 7 + 7 + 7 @ 40kg

Tomorrow deadlifts & other stuff if I have the energy.

Today I trained with a bunch (3) of vegan girls. When they were exhausted after doing some moves and they were all lying in my bed I realized that I have done something right in my life. When your bed is full of vegan girls you've done something right. Period.

I've had like three girls in my 120 * 200 sized bed, sleeping with me. It really was a pleasure indeed.

:D

I've had like three girls in my 120 * 200 sized bed, sleeping with me. It really was a pleasure indeed.

Requesting pictures of the situation.

I decided to rest for the weekend since I remembered that my friend asked me to take a 1 week free trial in a local SATS gym. That means that for the FIRST TIME IN 10 YEARS I'M IN A REAL GYM AND TRAINING!!! Remember, that so far I've only been training at home!

Mon 21st July

I don't remember the weights or the reps accurately

- Cable seated rows 3 x 7-12 @ 70kg

- Cable front pulldown 3 x 7-10 @ 70kg

- Bench press, warmup @ 20 kg and @ 60kg, then 6 + 4 + 4 @ 80kg

- Deadlift, warmup @ 60kg, then 1 @ 100kg, 1 @ 140kg, f @ 180kg (ok this was stupid ), 2 x 10 @ 100kg

- Some leg presses @ 100kg

- Squats, some reps @ 100kg and @ 60kg but I had some pain in my knee so I decided not to push it too much.

- Some ab moves 3 x 10-12 @ bw (I don't have the energy to explain these)

- Pec deck, 7 @ 70kg, 7 @ 65kg, 7 @ 60kg

- Bicep curls, cable: 3 x 6-10 @ 10kg

Exhausted? Guess.

I also challenged a meat eater, I'll tell more about it in another topic. It's going to be fun.

edit: I was kind of tired when I wrote that... I failed @ 180kg deadlift -> corrected.

Edited by tuc

Tuc,

I just wanted to tell you that you are a real inspiration! I've been going through your posts and seeing the results you've gotten over the months. Really impressive! Especially considering you were doing it at home. I'll have to take some of your tips to heart!

xjohanx, I know it isn't actually hardcore but the equipment is in good condition and the place is clean and it's free for this week -> better than my home gym anyway. I will still stick to training at home. I don't want to spend 700 € ($ 1000) per year to a gym that is 3-4km away from my home.

medman, I am really glad you said that! It's great to hear that I can help others get motivated. I'm not sure I'm doing everything right but at least something...

offence74, I want pics of the voodoo doll of xjohanx. I bet it's as cute as Johan!

Tuesday: Rest. Not a change to work out.

Wed 23rd July

Another session at SATS gym.

- Warmup 12min @ exercise bike. I spent ~ 100 kcal

- Seated leg press (with a cable thingie): warmup @ 60kg, then 12 @ 120kg, 12 @ 140kg, 10 @ 160kg

- Bench press, dumbbells: 12 @ 25kg, 2 @ 30kg (just wanted to try), 12 + 9 @ 25kg

- Incline bench press, dumbbells: 7 + 5 @ 25kg, 5 @ 20kg

- Cable front pulldown, 3 x 12 @ 50kg

- Leg extensions, lever: 3 x 12 @ 50kg

- Leg curl, lever: 3 x 12 @ 50kg

- Bicep curls, 3 x ~ 10 per arm with different cable moves

Now I am devastated. I can't even do one sit up because my abs hurt from the really hard workout on monday.

New weight record yesterday: 81kg evening weight! Today, new morning weight record: 78.4kg.

edit: typo

Edited by tuc

ey question for the SATS people. how bad/good is the sats gyms? thing is i might be forced to join one when i move to stockholm. do they have all the essentials like squat rack/power rack, bench press, incline bench press, t-bars (not exactly essential but still a lot of fun), lat pulldowns, cable rows, dip/pull-up stations? and how heavy weights are we talking about on the dumbbells. a lot of gyms seems to stop at 30 kg and that's not cool.

btw, nice session tucker

ey question for the SATS people. how bad/good is the sats gyms? thing is i might be forced to join one when i move to stockholm. do they have all the essentials like squat rack/power rack, bench press, incline bench press, t-bars (not exactly essential but still a lot of fun), lat pulldowns, cable rows, dip/pull-up stations? and how heavy weights are we talking about on the dumbbells. a lot of gyms seems to stop at 30 kg and that's not cool.

btw, nice session tucker

Yes, it's all there. I even met a straight edge dude once in the sauna. I caught him bulkin by eating salted, roasted nuts in the sauna.

I have never seen anyone eating anything in a sauna. Maybe it's because in Finland saunas are usually 80-100 degrees Celsius (176-212 F) and I think they are a bit cooler in Sweden.

I think the SATS gyms are nice. Very clean, enough weights for me & most of the people, nice staff, equipment is new and in good condition... however, the price is very salty. I won't pay 720€ ($ 1130) per year for a gym membership. That's for sure.

Damn, I forgot to write down what I did last friday... let's try to remember:

- Deadlifts: warmup @ 60kg and 100kg, then 4 + 3 @ 140kg, 10 @ 100kg

- Deep squats: 2 x 10 @ 60kg

- Leg press: 2 x 10-12 @ 165kg

- Bench press, barbell: 10 + 8 + 7 @ 70kg (bad bench day )

- Lat/bicep thingie (in which you pull levers down): 3 x 10 @ 55-65kg

Then I had to rush to a train to meet animal rights people in Helsinki. I rested for the weekend and bought huge amounts of good vegan food from Asoka ( http://www.asoka.fi/ ), which is located in Helsinki and is the only food store in Finland which sells only vegan food. If you visit Helsinki, it's the place to get your food from! Support vegan entrepreneurs!

Mon 28th July

Back at home with my vegan training buddy! We listened to punk and pushed some heavy weights.

- Bench press, barbell: warmup @ 30 and 50kg, then 6 @ 82kg, 5 @ 84kg, 3+f @ 86kg, 2+f @ 88kg, 1 @ 90kg

- Shoulder press, dumbbells: 3 x 5 @ 21.4kg per dumbbell

- Bent-over rows, barbell: 12 @ 62kg, 8 + 7 + 5 @ 78kg

- Deadlifts, barbell: 5 + 4 @ 120kg, 12 @ 78kg

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 15 + 11 + 8 + 10 @ 32kg

- Dips: 12 + 9 + 8 @ bw

A good workout as a whole once again.

Tue 29th July: I donated blood, no workout.

Wed 30th July

- Bench press, barbell: warmup 8 @ 50kg, then I went for 1 rep max -> 1 @ 82kg, 1 @ 90kg (VERY easy!!!), 1 @ 96kg (212lbs) -> was going really good, already more than 50 % up then my right leg jammed and I failed. However, it was very very close and I know I'll lift it soon. After that I did 1 @ 84kg and noticed that my right tricep doesn't want to do anything else today. It hurts a bit so I'll give it a rest.

- Deep squats, barbell: 8 @ 50kg, 2 x 12 @ 60kg. My back is still a bit sore from monday so I didn't want to do much else.

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 15 + 12 + 12 @ 28kg

- Ab moves in which I raise my legs and then lift myself on my upper back/neck: 3 x 15 @ bw

Nothing else. I don't want to hurt my tricep.

Great workout! Have you tried standing overhead barbell press on your shoulder days? I got great upper body bulking results with that one . . . anyway keep up the good work!

Thanks mate! Your new avatar kicks ass!

I've done standing overhead barbell press earlier but for some reason I haven't done them for a while. On monday I took dumbbell presses but they're a bit hard. I'll try some with barbell in next workout. My tricep doesn't feel like it's torn or something, it just might be a bit after the blood donation since my other arm is totally fine and I didn't do anything to hurt it. It felt a bit sore even before my failed pb try.

I'm going, I'm going!

Morning weight today 79.1kg which is 174lbs. Evening weight max so far 81.1kg = 179lbs. It's going up again and I'm VERY happy because of it!

Fri 1st August

- Bench press, barbell: warmup @ 20kg and 50kg, then 5 + 6 + 4 @ 84kg -> I think 6 reps at 84kg (185lbs) is another pb for me.

- Shoulder press, barbell: 3 + 2 @ 52kg (heavy shit ), 6 + 5 @ 46kg(lightweight, baby ) -> I belive Hilary, better move than I remembered!

- Bicep curls, barbell: 5 + 6 + 6 @ 46kg

- Bent-over row, barbell: 6 + 5 + 5 + 4 @ 84kg

- Dips: 9 + 12 + 8 @ bw

Also, new avatar.