Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lean&Green is 100%Raw, bodybuilding & will compete this fall
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:53 pm 
Elephant

Just had to say I love your new avatar! I think we're gonna have to change your name to the vegan pirate though since you have a thing for parrots, and you have one on your shoulder! 8) All you need now is an eye patch!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:05 am 
Manatee

Your Avatar is adorable!!! What is the birds name?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:11 am 
Congratulations on your successes. Few would have the knowledge and determination for these accomplishments. Outstanding! Thank you for sharing so extensively with everyone. You are most certainly an inspiration to everyone and the education you have posted in this Forum is invaluable.

Best wishes for continued success.

Attachments:
ast007.gif
ast007.gif [ 1.19 KiB | Viewed 2339 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:17 pm 
Elephant

eeek eeek eeek, he's comin to getcha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:47 pm 
Elephant

Thanks for the kudos and love all! The bird on the old avatar was Macho, someone elses bird who let me hold them at the beach. My bird's name is Sunny; he has been on other posts and older avatars :D My friend's at my old job called me a pirate also Hayley as I always wore bandanas atop my long hair and I used to bring my bird to work to hang with us sometimes..

OK WARNING; LONG POST BUT MY ENTIRE NEW WORKOUT REGIMEN INCLUDED SO MIGHT BE WORTH A LOOK TO BROWSE DOWN IF STUF LIKE THAT INTERESTS YOU ;)

Jeeez, I have neglected to update this journal for about a month's time! WOW Ok, well instead of trying to sort through all the stuff i've done in betweem; I am just going to talk about where i'm at now as I just conjured up a whole new routine. I will do my best to be diligent about working out 2x a day. Once at the crack of dawn and then once again later on in the day (work permitting of course). Where there is a will there is a way! Routine in a sec

Quick Tidbit: After the 46 days of feasting, my final weight was 179lbs down from 204. It has been 3 weeks since then and I only gained back 3 so this wasn't a fluke weight loss scheme. I have been maintaining. digestion is way better than it ever has been in my entire life for me as well! am doing 7 more liquid days of blends only starting today just to clean out all the heavy eating from vv08 and then I am on to a clean bulk for about 50 days or so and then THE FINAL CUTDOWN da da da daaaaaa ;)

As of the last month, it was a little less then maintenance. There was much going on; I trained at vv08 but not like regular or as frequent. My shoulder is the bain of my existence right now but i've given up on resting it. It is still in pain but honestly I do not care anmore. After two months of rest, I cannot wait for my whole upper body to disintegrate as well as not compete. I have resumed upper body training as of this week. Just going less intense and avoiding direct shoulder exercisesand certain things like pullups and chinups which KILL me. I have heard of so many others working through injuries and that's the route I am deciding to take at this point.

I was able to still lift 405lb on a deadlift during vegan vacation 08, even 27lbs lighter and only 8 days off a juice feast. YEAAAAAAH BUDDY!

Monday and Tuesday of this week, I trained with thendanisays as I was paying a visit to good ole Haverhill (writing this from the bus ride home). Dani, performed the same exact psychotic workouts as me for 2 days and we are both paying for it; hardly able to walk sit or stand from monday's thrashing of legs and then some! She could definitely hang and is serious bout training. Great workout partner. ;) For those who don't know, since things are going so well and there's no sign anything less than perfect chemistry between the two of us; might as well announce that publicly. Seems we have found love on the vbbf board and vv08; who knew? Never would have thunk it! This forum continues be one of the most important parts of my life. Thank you all, especially Mr. Cheeke for the creation of it and out annual get togethers.

Okay enough of the mushiness, back to the real deal; I am going to compete no matter what. It's in my green vegan blood and there is no other option. I need to do this, even if I don't have enough lbm, I want to present myself. I am also making plans to joing the vegan house of kindness with a tentative date of October 1st this year to live in Portland. I am stoked about it and of course after I am properly settled and all is done; I will look for a good comp to present what I have been training for. Will keep all posted of course.

Here is my new regimen. Since it is pretty hardcore in imo, I wish to share it exercise for exercise. I don't know the proper names of everything but i'm sure you could get the idea from reading them; if not, ask :D

August 2008 Clean Bulk Pre Comp Program
2 Workouts each day (note: first number with x denotes the amount of sets; the second denotes the amount of reps)

Day1
(am) Calves, Traps, Biceps
Standing Calve Raises (V Stance) x5, x10
Seated Calf Raises (V stance) x5, x10
Dumbell Shrugs x5, x12
Barbell Sghrugs x5, x12
Preacher Barbell Cable Curls x5, x8
Preacher Dumbell Cable Curls x5, x8

(pm) Chest, Rectus Abdominus
Incline Barbell Press x5, x8
Incline Dumbell Press x5, x8
Decline Barbell Press x3, x8
Med Ball Dumbell Press x3, x8
Med Ball Cable Press x3, x8
Incline Dumbell Flyes x4, x10
Flat Dumbell Flyes x4, x10
Incline Weighted Crunches (front) x5, x6
Incline Weighted Crunches (behind neck) x5, x6

Day 2
(am) Hamstrings, Glutes
Deep Sumo Squats x10, x12
Butt Blaster x3, x12
Donkey Kicks x3, x12
AD Cable One Legged x3, x12
AB Cable One Legged x3, x12
Wrist Ripper x4, x2-4 rotations
Dumbell Forearm Curls x3, x10
Barbell Forearm Curls x3, x10

(pm) Quads, Obliques
Hack Squats x5, x10
Squats x10, x12
Lunges Walking x5, x10
Step Ups x5, x10
Pendulums x5, x10
Weighted Inc Twists x5, x8

Day 3
(am) Triceps, Traps, Rectus Abdominus
Close Grip Bench Press x4, x10
Tow Rope Cable Curls x3, x12
Tricep Dumbell Extensions x3, x12
Barbell Shrugs x5, x10
Dumbell Shrugs x5, x10
Weighted Incline Crunches (Behind Neck) x5, x6
Weighted Incline Crunches (In Front) x5, x6

(pm) Upper Back, Calves
Dumbell Rows x6, x8
Barbell Rows x6, x8
Lat Pulldowns x5, x8
Seated Rows x5, x8
Seated Calve Raises (straight stance) x5, x8
Standing Calve Raises x5, x8

Day 4
(am) Biceps Obliques, Forearms
Reverse Barbell Curls x5, x8
Seated Hammer Dumbell Curls x5, x8
Cerratus Twists x10, x8
Reverse Barbell Forearm Curls x3, x10
Reverse Dumbell Forearm Curls x3, x10

(pm) Lower Back
Deadlifts x10 (6x8; 4x12))
Good Mornings x10, x10
Hyperextensions x5, x12

Day 5
(am) Triceps, Rectus Abdominus
Reverse Close Grip Bench Press x5, x10
French Presses x5, x12
1000 Crunches

(pm) Traps, Calves, Rehab
Dumbell Shrugs x5, x10
Barbell Shrugs x5, x10
Standing Calve Raises x5, x10
Seated Calve Raises x5, x10
Theraband Side Rotations x5, x15
Side Lateral Raises x5, x15

Day 6
(am)
Forearms, Upper Body Stretch
Dumbell Curls x3, x10
Barbell Curls x3, x10

Upper Body static and foam roll stretches

(pm)
Lower Body Stretches, mostly foam roller stuff

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:39 pm 
Gorilla

:D :D :D :D

Lean and Green does NOT mess around! 4 days after doing aleg workout with him i can still barely walk!

YOU DID THIS TO ME! .....jk :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:01 pm 
Elephant

Congrats you two! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:18 pm 
Elephant

Yeah, now that it's official, rofl, congrats! :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:48 am 
Stegosaurus

Hey my raw foodie friend. I had a huge, well two bags of spring mix and I head of lettuce (no veggies just greens). I have been making collard wraps with raw hummus, cucumbers, celery, tomatoes sprouts and spring mix. I wanted to share it with you so bad.
Do you have those pictures Dani took when we were chowing down on greens?
3 more days until my juice fast/feast. I'm so excited !!! :D
Have fun in DC with everyone. I'll be there in spirit !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:27 pm 
Elephant

First of all, congrats to both you (l&g) and Dani! Awesome stuff!
Second. Tasha, give me that raw hummus recipe please :D

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:46 pm 
Elephant

I am going to be good with my journal and prompt now.... I hope!

Awwwwww.com my gosh you all, SeaSiren, Hsorlando, Johan, thank you sooo much! I have such a soft spot for my girl. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me; well perhaps second to being a part of the vbbf fam! 8) :wink: which is how we met. But all kidding aside yeah, we have such intense chemistry and it is all because of this wonderful community of beautiful souls.

xJohanx RAW (No Bean) HUMMUS RECIPE (warning deadly/delicious be prepared to overeat and gorge, lol)
-2 Zucchini peeled and chopped
-3/4 cup raw tahini
-1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
-1/4 olive oil
-2-4 cloves garlic, peeled
-2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt (I prefer french grey)
-1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
(Blend up together until thick and smooth, sprinkle some cumin on top to make it look pretty)
I'd Double the recipe
at the least, as you'll go through it right away; it is soooo tasty. Always a huge hit. ;)

Tasha, I have written down the exact pics you want. I promise I will specifically post those first. I am currently uploading like 8 videos to my personal youtube from VV and after that's done, I am going to post a whole bunch more on a vv youtube account I created, including the bull you requested. The very first pics I post, will be the ones you specifically requested as well. Just been sooooooooo busy, for all good reasons. My life has been surrounded by an exorbitant amount of love and friendship lately and I have been embracing it to the fullest. I have barely been home, except to sleep..... I MISS YOU. I will see you october 1st and we will be together every day juicing it up!

Thendanisays (gosh it feels weird calling you by you handle LOLOL); Be prepared for double sessions after ARC when we hang. It's so on; you're in trouble. I know our ready! ;)

Week 1: 8/04-8/10

Resistance Training
-Total Time: 7 hours
-Worked out 4/7 days

Cardio
-Approx Total Time: 3hrs?
-Dance, Dance DANCE (I'f i'm not lifting, i'm dancing.... right Tuc?? :lol: :wink: )

1 Hour Group Meditation

Highlights
-Started another juice feast on thursday. This time only for 8 days. Thedanisays wanted to
do one so I thought it would be a good idea to do it with her to support her first endeavor
into the world of fasting/cleansing. Plus why not, I love blends now so much anyway. I
could easily live like this and do it whenever for any length of time.
-Attended a Arts and Music Festival with probably like 20,000 people and danced my arse off
to some really fine beats.
-Since I haven't hit upper body much if at all obver last two months.. everything was very
sore and responded super well to training. Happy about that. Shoulder wasn't but cmon you
damn shoulder, STEP IT UP ALREADY :roll:
-Haven't kicked into full gear yet with am and pm workouts. Friends visiting from out of town
and I am entertaining and housing them.
-Visited thendanisays mon-thurs and we trained legs, back and triceps together.
ANNIHILATED legs so badly. Lots of fun. Best training partner ever, she rocks!
-This coming week will not be full force either. Still entertaining company and have the ARC in
DC with cheeke and co thurs-monday so I won't get in as much as i'd like to but after that it
should be on!
-Me and Dani shall break our feast together friday morning with some fresh produce. Later on
I prepped some AMAZING gourmet raw treats these last couple of days with my pals that are
crashing here. We will dine on that! YUMMMMMMMMMMM
-Attended a Raw Food Potluck with about 50 others at a buddy's house. Prepped Zucchini Spaghetti and Pesto as well as Brownies while I drank my liquids and avoided all other dishes :roll: 8) Listened to a lecture by special guest Dr. Gabriel Cousens (awesome person, Tree of Life founder) and participated in group meditation session led by him. Felt good and calming.

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:25 pm 
Stegosaurus

Quote:
xJohanx RAW (No Bean) HUMMUS RECIPE (warning deadly/delicious be prepared to overeat and gorge, lol)
-2 Zucchini peeled and chopped
-3/4 cup raw tahini
-1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
-1/4 olive oil
-2-4 cloves garlic, peeled
-2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt (I prefer french grey)
-1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
(Blend up together until thick and smooth, sprinkle some cumin on top to make it look pretty)
I'd Double the recipe at the least, as you'll go through it right away; it is soooo tasty. Always a huge hit. ;)

I pmed about your recipe but I told him my style of hummus :wink: I added a red pepper for red pepper hummus, also told him that you don't need to add the Olive Oil, salt, or that much garlic :lol:

Quote:
Tasha, I have written down the exact pics you want. I promise I will specifically post those first. I am currently uploading like 8 videos to my personal youtube from VV and after that's done, I am going to post a whole bunch more on a vv youtube account I created, including the bull you requested. The very first pics I post, will be the ones you specifically requested as well. Just been sooooooooo busy, for all good reasons. My life has been surrounded by an exorbitant amount of love and friendship lately and I have been embracing it to the fullest. I have barely been home, except to sleep..... I MISS YOU. I will see you october 1st and we will be together every day juicing it up!

Do you have the bull? :lol: OMG that's the funniest thing. Even ask Robert I still have tears in my eyes thinking about it.
That or Two on two off. I really want you to post our cycling videos too :)
I'm glad to hear things are working out for you. I'm starting my fast in a couple of days. The 13th on Andesuma's Birthday. And then my Charka 17 on the 15th with her.
Today, Jessifly, Dani Ani and I went to SI and picked peaches, blueberries, and blackberries. So I'm freezing all my produce to juice down.
Are you in DC yet?
<3
Tashie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:01 pm 
Elephant

August 11th..... AUGUST 11th!!!!!!!????? Has it been that long since this has been updated. Sheesh. My life has been topsy turvy. It has been so long since i've even logged onto vbbf. I need to be back but there is still so much going on with the move to Portland and then some. Its all good.

Ok, So my workouts have not been consistent at all with the traveling back and forth on buses to Massachusetts to hang with Dani and new full time job and what have you but the last two weeks has been quite good. Rather than dating back how bad i've sucked; I'll talk about the recent. 9/08-9/14 was good. I got an adequate amount of training in even though it wasn't as much training as I wanted. 9/15 - 9/21 was pretty much ideal and perfect for me. So I'll blog about that....

Also, I didn't peek back in this journal but I have a two resistance training session per day schedule that I have been trying to uphold. I will post the entire workout scheme if I didn't earlier when I scroll back later.

9/15 - 9/21

Resistance Training
-Total Time: 12 hours
-10/14 sessions accomplished

Cardio
-Total Time: 6hr 45min
-85 miles of outdoor cycling YEA..... BUDDY :!:

Highlights
-I have been cycling to work and then home, which is a 20 mile round trip as often as
possible.
-I cycled 30 miles in Haverhill, MA. Well actually partly in New Hampshire as well. I
somehow managed to get completely lost everywhere I tried to travel in MA as the road
signs are nothing like in NYC and I never got to my destination any time I left. So while
Dani worked, I had fun getting completely lost and even winding up crossing the state
line and traveling into New Hampshire ... LOL
-Feeling strong, getting good workouts. Loving the 8 rep range 5 set schematic.
-Stupid shoulder that has been injured since the beginning of June has not improved
whatsoever. I resumed training my upper body in september because honestly I couldn't
take it anymore and I still desparately want to compete sometime this year. Somehow,
someway, I am going to find a show to prepare, take action and make it happen ;)
-19hours 45minutes of training this week. I feel like a healthy goal would be to strive for
a whole day.. 24 hours in total of combined trainign each week. Just because =)

The Move
-Signed a 6 month lease!!! Me and Thendanisays are going to be living in North Portland
on N Oswego St in an 800 sq foot private house with a beautiful backyard and all. No
roomates or what have you just us and Joey (daschund) ;)
-Arrival in Portland s/b expected by October 18th the latest....
-Someone pray our 27 house plants do not get killed on the way there. Dani wants to kill
them. What kind of vegan doesn't like plants!!!!!!!!! They're like my children; I love them
so much; I dearly hope they all survive. They will be in the car with us. She wants to
lock them up in the trunk. I want to keep them in the back seat. They need sunlight!
-I will hopefully be working at Blossoming Lotus prepping raw food for all!
-We'll be making home made soaps and hemp jewelry as well as attempting to distribute
and demoing for the following product lines: Vega, Sun Warrior, Organic Nectars,
Manitoba Harvest and Morrocco Method. If anyone has any interest, let us know. Dani
will be getting a bartending job somewhere too.

I will try my best to keep updates more frequent and be a more active member of the community like I was before vv08 :( I miss everyone!

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:34 pm 
Stegosaurus

Good Stuff 85 miles :)

You have to ride with me !!!! It's actually not an option.
I'm glad to see you back on the forum it's been quite with you gone my friend

<3
Tashie

Two on two off

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:11 pm 
Elephant

Missed you on vbf! :( So glad you're posting again! :D
Congrats on the move to Portland and making it happen so fast. The East Coast will miss two of it's coolest vegans!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next