Female, 42 and Bodybuilding - DV's Journal

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, it's my new trainer. He's the type of guy that you just cannot say "no" to. And the reps are done with light weight (around 50 lbs).

Today we trained Back, Biceps and Core at 6 am. I was there for 2.5 hours. I'm exhausted now and need to sleep.

Holy crap!

I want to hear more about this when I get back!

See you in a couple of weeks! Keep kicking ass until then!

Hey DV!

Haven't said hi in awhile.

Wow! How'd you find this guy? Isn't it great to find a trainer you click with?? I will be excited to here about your progress.

I changed my routine up too after suffering complete burnout with my current training schedule and diet. Will return to what I used to do, but it feels good to switch things up for awhile.

Keep up the great work!

Hi!

Sorry I've been so slow to reply - big family reunion these past 2 weeks.

VeganJoe, I would never call you out (until I gain another 10 lbs anyway).

Robert, as usual, I'll be leaving town just as you return! Maybe we'll get together in September?

VeggiePrincess, nice hearing from you again. This trainer has been in the Portland area for years but he just moved to the gym that is literally next door to my home (small gym so I moved to a larger one). The manager at this gym has been telling me that I need to meet this trainer for a few months. Thank goodness I finally took her advice! He's awesome.

I'll start a new log in September (vacation to Yellowstone Park). I'm just too swamped right now.

Yo...I'm back in town.

I was at Herbivore yesterday talking with Michelle, the owner, and she said the thought of us when they made their "NEW" tank tops. Now they have tank tops that say, "Eat like you give a damn" and she specifically said, "I thought of you and Diane when I saw the news article when we made these."

It was cool.

I trained in D.C. and since my return. Let's get some food, exercise, or otherwise hang out sometime.

Hey there, hope the trip was great!

I have one of those tank tops! The American Apparel XL women's tees no longer fit across my upper back (they size them too small) so I was happy to see the tank tops.

I could train Monday or Tuesday night (6 pm or later?). I leave for Yellowstone Park on Saturday and have training sessions on Th, Fri and Sat. I can work chest/triceps/biceps/abs on Monday and anything but legs on Tuesday. If I don't hear from you by Sunday evening I'll give you a call.

Have a great weekend!

Yo...I'm back in town.

I was at Herbivore yesterday talking with Michelle, the owner, and she said the thought of us when they made their "NEW" tank tops. Now they have tank tops that say, "Eat like you give a damn" and she specifically said, "I thought of you and Diane when I saw the news article when we made these."

It was cool.

I trained in D.C. and since my return. Let's get some food, exercise, or otherwise hang out sometime.

I have a t-shirt like that

• 2 weeks later...

I was by your building over the weekend and saw a car like yours drive in front of me, but not sure if it was you...just saw the tail end of the car...I was walking towards the garage opening as the car drove in.

See you soon I'm sure...I'm here for the next 9 days

Have fun, stay SWOL!

Whoa, sorry Joe!!! Did you miss me? I have been very busy this past month with a family reunion, family commitments (don't they have their own homes?) and a phenomenal vacation to Yellowstone National Park - just returned! If you've never been to Yellowstone - go there! Now! Seriously, it's one of the most special natural places on earth and it's right here in the US. My husband has always pushed for vacations outside the US, focusing on human-centered accomplishments and history. I always go for the outdoors and I won this year! Of course it's difficult to beat Yellowstone's wow factor with all those thermally active features, but I think he's up for a few Utah parks next year.

I have not been consistent with my workouts or eating and just suffered through the first cold/sinus infection I've had in 4 years. I'm so happy to be back on track and homebound for at least another 2 months.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm going to start a new journal. My training/eating has changed so I figure it's time for a journal change as well. I'll probably start it tonight or tomorrow since today is my first day back with my trainer in over a week. He's going to destroy me this afternoon. It's leg day.

Gaia, I'll still post if you still post.

Whoa, sorry Joe!!! Did you miss me? I have been very busy this past month with a family reunion, family commitments (don't they have their own homes?) and a phenomenal vacation to Yellowstone National Park - just returned! If you've never been to Yellowstone - go there! Now! Seriously, it's one of the most special natural places on earth and it's right here in the US.

I live just north of Yellowstone National Park.

Did you happen to get out the North East entrance to Cooke City and Red Lodge?

The Beartooth Highway is even better than Yellowstone.

Hey Jason,

We were staying in Moran, WY, just east of the Grand Tetons Park and only made it to the NE section of Yellowstone one day. We didn't get all the way to the entrance, only as far as Soda Butte (maybe 15 miles from the entrance). With an hour drive each day just to the south entrance ( + construction delays each day and night), we stayed within the park except for venturing south into the Tetons, which were stunning and make our Mts. Hood, Ranier and St. Helens less spectacular in comparison. Since my sister flew into Jackson (we drove), Moran was our best bet since we found a cabin to stay in with a full kitchen and Jackson Hole has a large natural foods store. We brought food with us since the park has few vegan options. If I could return as often as I'd like, I would stay outside of each entrance at least once!