Going Fruitarian

Bigbwii

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Roid. I don't know him personaly but I bought his book years ago expecting big things but I really felt let down because he basically wrote about force feeding yourself on avocado's and bananas late at night to gain wieght also I didn't like the look of his body, he looked really smooth and fatty, years ago he was the only known raw bodybuilder. I really don't believe in manipulating your body to get big it doesn't feel good to me so I lost interest in his work! !

Hey man! Great picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Roid. I don't know him personaly but I bought his book years ago expecting big things but I really felt let down because he basically wrote about force feeding yourself on avocado's and bananas late at night to gain wieght also I didn't like the look of his body, he looked really smooth and fatty, years ago he was the only known raw bodybuilder. I really don't believe in manipulating your body to get big it doesn't feel good to me so I lost interest in his work! !

Hey man! Great picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe yo thanx... I also read his book... yeah, you re right, I always wondererd why he looked so fatty....

Well if you think that's bad have you seen him lately he's real round he wieghs in at over 250lbs apparently! there really isn't an impressive truely raw bodybuilder out there but hey.....that's where I come in!!!!

hehe just give it a try

what do you think, is it fat or muscle mass?

Hey.... I'll have RAW POWER on my avatar soon!!! At a guess It looks like fat based on what he writes about doing to gain wieght! but I really can't say coz I have not seen him in the flesh, but a lot of people that have seen him say he's fat and that he might not even be raw!

Well if you think that's bad have you seen him lately he's real round he wieghs in at over 250lbs apparently! there really isn't an impressive truely raw bodybuilder out there but hey.....that's where I come in!!!!

Hey be prepared for some competition for impressive raw bodybuilder!! I may only be a lean 155 now, but time is on my side.

Here's the link to the info bigbwii provided on fruitarianism:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1041

I read it all even though I don't think about going fruitarian. The sheer energy and commitment in what you wrote in that thread was truly inspirational. I love when people follow their hearts and go their own way!

Go for it !!!

Hey be prepared for some competition for impressive raw bodybuilder!! I may only be a lean 155 now, but time is on my side.

Bring it on SHREDDED WHEAT BOY!!!!

Let's show em what RAW POWER is all about!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still gonna be da man dough!

I just don't get what's wrong with a lot of raw vegetables (I mean for health reasons, I know you kill the whole plant with a lot of things like garlic and such). I'm going raw now (Jumped from about 60 - 90%, and only experiencing headaches, which I can deal with), but I considered fruititarianism, I just don't get what's wrong with raw vegetables (Even though I'm probably more Fruitiarian than I really think I am).

Hi there! there's nothing wrong with veggies at all and forget about ethics! Fruitarianism has nothing to do with ethics, the ethics bit is something people throw in for their own reasons! I like to explain Fruitarianism like this!...Imagine you were stuck on a tropical island what would you eat?bear in mind you have no condiments and no cutlery! Fruitarianism is really about getting back to nature we but instead of killing animals for food we kill fruits! The only thing with veggies is that a lot of them need to be softened by heat so they can be eaten otherwise they are just hard to digest.

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

Edited by Bigbwii

I see.

(The ironic part is that people always ask me "If I was stuck on a tropical island and there were no fruits or vegetables", a question I refuse to answer, that just reminded me of that. )

Yeah though, I eat all my veggies raw, but normally after I eat them (if I have, let's say, a salad), I go out and walk for a little while, because I've read that this aids the digestion of it. (Plus it gives me the opportunity to burn a couple calories here and there, let's me get some sun, etc. etc.

It's very interesting to me, but it would be impossible for me now, as I live in an unsupportive household (I CONSTANTLY have my mother babbling on and on about how I don't get enough protein, meanwhile I have a really nice body now), and going 100% raw is going to be a challenge as it is, but I'm around mid to high 80's % right now, so I'm content with how much I've done in just a week.

If I was stranded on a tropical Island with no fruits/veggies I would eat leaves I've learnt that to be fruitarian in this society I have to be willing to be my own pioneer! your really not going to get much support period and don't expect any! You sound like your doing great though! just let time be your healer and you'll be ok!

Hey WillPeavy, the definition of raw has been stretched so far now it's a joke! they say that if you are eating 70% raw foods then your a raw vegan! that's a joke! what about the other 30%?

Hey WillPeavy, the definition of raw has been stretched so far now it's a joke! they say that if you are eating 70% raw foods then your a raw vegan! that's a joke! what about the other 30%?

Yeah I don't know anything about eating raw or the percentages people eat. I just heard Robbie Hazeley eats raw. You'd have to ask him about what percentages he's eating

I think Stephen Arlin is pretty big and he's big on raw foods. I think he's been totally raw for a long time. I actually just borrowed his book Raw Power, from a friend but I haven't read it yet.

I'm sure most of you know something about him, he's pretty well known. I know of him, but don't know much more other than I heard he benches over 300 pounds.

-Rob

I really don't know the guy, I bought his book Raw Power years ago! only to realise I didn't like his methods of gaining wieght which were basically stuffing yourself with avocados and nuts and any other hard to digest foods and the lack of decent photo's of himself! and come to think of it I've never seen a full body photo of him and the photo's in his book are terrible, I was very dissappointed with the book! maybe my expectations were too high! From what I can understand he's not very well liked because of his comments and the way he carries himself but that's just what I see on his forum, I've also witnessed some of this behaviour myself on his forum, if you say anything bad about him or his book you get thrown off! I really hope you enjoy the book for what it is!

I'm sorry, 315x20.

http://www.rawfood.com/interviewsa2.html

Q: Are you personally stronger now than when you were a cooked-food eater?

A: I can say that I'm at least twice as strong now as I was when I was eating a Standard American Diet. I used to benchpress 300 pounds three times, now I can bench that weight twenty times. That's a huge improvement in brute strength. On a burnout set, I used to benchpress 135 pounds forty times, now I can bench that weight well over one hundred times. That's a huge improvement in muscular endurance. I also find that I need little or no rest between sets of exercises now.

OK only 20 times I remember seeing a video of one of the greatest powerlifters in history benching 315 for 30. The guy was freakishly huge. So huge his range of motion on the bench was maybe a foot. Still it was a big deal to do 315x30.

http://www.rawfood.com/stephen8.jpg

I'd love to see it.

Also.....

Q: What are the dimensions of the largest male raw bodybuilders you know?

A: I'm 6'2", 235 lbs., Bernarr Zovluck is 5'10", 220 lbs., and Scott Brodie is 5'11", 205 lbs. Scott has squatted 835 lbs., deadlifted 760 lbs., and benchpressed 457 lbs.

I found a page of Scott Brodie online. He did those lifts back when he ate meat. To see him now (as a vegan) and compare it to then, is not remotely a good advertisement for being strong on a vegan diet. Anyway, hopefully Arlin just made an honest mistake when he made it sound like Brodie did that as a raw vegan.

Scott Brodie.... I don't know....

http://www.rawfood.com/brodie.html

Great info Jay!

Q: Do you think a raw food bodybuilder could ever compete against steroid takers in the strength and girth departments?

A: Definitely so. If you think about it logically, all the largest and strongest mammals on Earth are 100% raw plant eaters. The gorilla, the elephant, the hippopotamus, the giraffe, the rhinoceros, the horse, the bull, the buffalo, and so on, are all 100% raw plant eaters! A gorilla has the strength equivalent to bench-pressing 4,000 pounds. What rule of science says that a gorilla is able to synthesize proteins from raw plant foods but we are not? There are no raw food bodybuilders competing against steroid takers in the strength and girth departments because people simply are not aware of the potential of building strength and muscle naturally on The Raw-Food Diet.

It makes me smile when people talk about the Gorilla but what we got to remember the gorilla is born with those genetics! how many times have you seen a gorilla at the gym working out sipping greens, just like an elephant has it own genetic code! we have our code and it doesn't allow most of us to be very big! I found a photo of Steve:

http://www.rawfood.com/pixweights.html