Finally back at it

Thanks John. Things are stable at the moment so I'm trying to hang on to that.

This morning I went for a 5k run. I did 10 and 1's today as well, taking two walk breaks. It took about 31 minutes. I really didn't try to go fast, and today's route also covered a number of hills (unintentionally). My new neighbourhood sits on a hill, so no matter where I go there are hills to run up and down. It'll be great once my running is back to "normal" but for now I'm crossing my fingers it won't cause problems for me as I get re-established.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the same 5k route again tonight. Once again I did 10 and 1's (yes, I actually took the walk breaks ) and I was about a minute faster than last time without really trying. I want to be careful not to ramp up too quickly, but it was nice to note that it went a little easier and quicker. I need to stretch. It's hard to do my stretching routine when I'm couch surfing. I'll figure something out.

This morning I ran part way to work. I took the bus to a point, and then ran the rest of the way. I could run the full distance, but since I'm just building up again that wouldn't have been smart. I ran 6 km in 36 minutes, including 3 minute-long walk breaks, which isn't too bad since it's only my fourth run since I started back again. Then I jogged the last half a km. A lot of the run was through a wooded pathway, which was nice. The weather was perfect as well. I also stretched for about half an hour before leaving for the run.

Yesterday I ran 9k. I did 10 and 1s, so that meant four one-minute walk breaks. I did the 9k in about 54 minutes, which isn't too bad all things considered. It was really warm out, and very sunny. I would have run out of water if not for a fountain that was on my route.

9k, awesome! Glad to see that you didn't mention any problems with pain on that run.

I seem to have defeated my minor injuries. Now the key will be to make sure I don't get new ones!

I haven't officially run since that, mostly just life getting in the way. I've run to and from the transitway at work a couple times (1.5km each way) but nothing serious. I'll probably run tomorrow, and if not then, definitely saturday.

Tonight I went for a run with my friend Jo, who is a 3:35 marathoner. Her cat (who lives with her ex) escaped a few weeks ago and she's been looking for her. She asked me if I would help her cover ground faster by running with her through some industrial areas, so I obliged. We ran 11.5 km in total, with a few walk breaks. The walk breaks weren't scheduled or anything though. I didn't have any pain, which is good, but I was conscious of not wanting to overdo it. We didn't see her cat, but we got some more ideas of where to put more posters and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey John, thanks for asking.

I'm ok. It's been a rough few weeks, but I'm still running about every other day. I am currently 100% injury-free, and I hope to keep it that way.

I'm not doing much else though. My home gym isn't set up, and I've felt very tired due to stress in my life.

• 3 weeks later...