Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finally back at it
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:37 am 
Elephant

I ran 5k this morning. This time the sensation didn't kick in until 3k and was less noticeable as I ran. I actually ran about 35 secs/km faster today than the other days I've run recently. Maybe running slow is the problem? :) Anyway, I didn't want to push it even though I felt pretty good, so I kept it short.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:59 am 
Elephant

ok, this is really lame, but I was feeling quite cute in my little pink running outfit today so I had Todd take some photos of me running. I've hated pretty much ever single photo that's ever been taken of me at a race. They have this uncanny ability to shoot you when you're at your worst. The last race they did, I was crying in my photos. Others, I look like I'm about to die. When I don't have some horrible expression on my face, they've caught me in a bad stride, or looking like I'm barely moving. Anyway, here's a couple of photos.

and check out how weird my leg looks in this one:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:16 am 
Elephant

You look like running strawberry ice cream cone with all that pink going on. Do people spontaneously come up to you and lick your face when you wear that? :D :female: :schleck:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:20 am 
Elephant

offense74 wrote:
You look like running strawberry ice cream cone with all that pink going on. Do people spontaneously come up to you and lick your face when you wear that? :D :female: :schleck:

haha, no, that hasn't happened yet, but I'll be on the lookout for spontaneous licking now that you've brought it up! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:56 pm 
Elephant

No real exercise the past few days, but I've been on my feet pretty much constantly with painting and demolishing a sub-floor in my new basement. I like that I'm in shape while doing this, it certainly makes it a lot easier than the last time. My dad arrived late this afternoon to help. I am glad he's here because I'm not in a great state of mind right now so it also serves as a bit of a distraction.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:12 am 
Elephant

My planned work out for today is helping to install a sub-floor in the basement, installing carpet in two bedrooms, and endless running around and moving boxes. At least it won't be a 14 hour day today, as I have plans with a friend in the evening.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:20 pm 
Elephant

It has been a week since I've run or done any official exercise. However, I've been on my feet non-stop with moving and now unpacking and assembling things. I saw a sports medicine doctor on Friday and the diagnosis is that my hamstrings are responsible for the problems I've been having. I really don't know what to do, I have been religious about stretching since January even though I absolutely hate it, but I haven't felt any improvement in my hams. I wish I could get a hamstring transplant. :augenroller: Anyway they suggested I go for a few rounds of physio to learn some new stretches and to get some help with loosening them up. I have coverage, so I might as well.

As for when I will try running again... I am thinking Monday or Tuesday. I live in a new neighbourhood now, so it will be interesting trying out new routes. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:36 am 
Elephant

Today I went for my first run in nearly two weeks. I hadn't planned to break this long, but moving and personal stuff has prevented me from having an opportunity to go for a run. I did a good 25 minute stretch beforehand (am I ever tight!) and then ran for about 40 minutes. I did 10 and 1's (10 minutes running, 1 minute walking) and covered about 6k. I didn't go fast at all, because, well, that would be stupid under the circumstances. The butt problem didn't act up, although my legs, hips and butt felt pretty stiff overall. This was also my first run through my new neighbourhood. I'm relieved that I don't suck more than I do... I was pretty nervous.

I forgot to mention that I did go to the sports med doctor about a week ago, and they said that all of these little problems I'm dealing with are because of my insanely tight hamstrings. They also said I have a weak butt. I think I have a cute butt, but whatever. Anyway, they have suggested I go to physio to learn some new stretches and strengthening exercises. I think I will, but it may have to wait a few weeks until my life's a bit less of a mess.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:03 pm 
Elephant

Tonight I did about 45 minutes of stretching and abs. I hope to run in the morning, if I can wake up on time.

Yesterday I went to a family reunion. I wore my VBBF t-shirt. Here's me and my little brother.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:20 am 
Elephant

Glad the diagnosis, the healing and your new home are all good for you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:47 am 
Elephant

Thanks John. Things are stable at the moment so I'm trying to hang on to that.

This morning I went for a 5k run. I did 10 and 1's today as well, taking two walk breaks. It took about 31 minutes. I really didn't try to go fast, and today's route also covered a number of hills (unintentionally). My new neighbourhood sits on a hill, so no matter where I go there are hills to run up and down. It'll be great once my running is back to "normal" but for now I'm crossing my fingers it won't cause problems for me as I get re-established.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:15 pm 
Elephant

I did the same 5k route again tonight. Once again I did 10 and 1's (yes, I actually took the walk breaks :wink: ) and I was about a minute faster than last time without really trying. I want to be careful not to ramp up too quickly, but it was nice to note that it went a little easier and quicker. I need to stretch. It's hard to do my stretching routine when I'm couch surfing. I'll figure something out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:18 am 
Elephant

This morning I ran part way to work. I took the bus to a point, and then ran the rest of the way. I could run the full distance, but since I'm just building up again that wouldn't have been smart. I ran 6 km in 36 minutes, including 3 minute-long walk breaks, which isn't too bad since it's only my fourth run since I started back again. Then I jogged the last half a km. A lot of the run was through a wooded pathway, which was nice. The weather was perfect as well. I also stretched for about half an hour before leaving for the run.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 pm 
Elephant

Yesterday I ran 9k. I did 10 and 1s, so that meant four one-minute walk breaks. I did the 9k in about 54 minutes, which isn't too bad all things considered. It was really warm out, and very sunny. I would have run out of water if not for a fountain that was on my route.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:52 pm 
Gorilla

9k, awesome! Glad to see that you didn't mention any problems with pain on that run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next