Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubby's fitness blog
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:22 am 
Site Admin

Yeah let's hope so, how long until you can get treatment for it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:58 pm 
Elephant

It might be as early as Monday, as I had a bone scan today and have an appointment to talk about it on Monday. It might take several tests to confirm what it actually is, though.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:28 pm 
Manatee

Sorry to hear that a disk is involved. Wishing you a fast recovery!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:15 pm 
Elephant

Thanks. I just started squatting again since it seems that the more I hold back on exercises, the worse it gets. I am going to take it easy for a while on them, but I plan on getting over this injury quickly once we find out what it is and then get back to some heavier squats and Romanians again. I think I am going to abstain from standard deadlifts and just rely on squat variations. I seem to be able to keep my back in perfect alignment with squats, but not so much with deadlifts.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:16 pm 
Manatee

Good news! Be careful with your injury! Just met Robert, Lean and Green, Rainra, Lean's GF, and beyondwisdom at AR. Very cool. Great group, great energy, great people!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:39 pm 
Elephant

That is cool. I hope to meet some forum members at the Compassionate Living Conference in Raleigh, NC. I have yet to meet any in person.

-offense74

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:47 pm 
Elephant

I talked with my doc about my bone scan a few days ago and he said the cyst is far too small to be a problem and the disc is just barely showing signs of degeneration. He found that I injured my sacral-somethingorotherjoint. I started some PT for it on Friday and they showed me how to realign my hips properly. My left hip was posterior (back) and my right anterior (front). The pain has went down considerably, so hopefully we are on the right track for fixing this.

I am getting pretty close to benching 1.5 times my body weight now. The bench press is my second worst lift, so this is quite an accomplishment for me.

-offense74

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:14 am 
Site Admin

Hey man, how are things?

Just wanted to check in on training, etc. I hope all is great and I hope to see you in the spring!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:56 am 
Elephant

robert wrote:
Hey man, how are things?

Just wanted to check in on training, etc. I hope all is great and I hope to see you in the spring!

They are going great right now. I finally gave up on physical therapy and tried a chiropractor and I am FINALLY actually healing. I was just cleared to start doing light squats again. I have a workout in a couple hours and I am PUMPED! I can't really act on that for squats though, have to be careful. I will be back into it full swing soon, squatting and bulking. I want to be contest ready in a year or two. I think I will be able to do it now that an injury which has plagued me since early into my interest in body building is going to be cleared up. I think there are some (personally) unprecedented results coming for me soon. :boxer:

-offense74

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:27 pm 
Elephant

My injury is gone now. I am full on into an exercise program again.

Right now, I am doing things like push-ups with a weighted backpack, one arm pull-ups, weighted pistols, etc. It is like a bodyweight program, but with added weight. I love it.

I have also been 100% nutritarian (Dr. Fuhrman) for quite some time now. I feel the strongest and best I ever have. I will be in a competition at some point in the time period I suggested in my last post. I think I finally have enough size to not embarrass myself.

-offense74

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:37 am 
Site Admin

Hey Jacob,

How are things going?

I was wondering if you still have those files I could grab from you sometime? I've been competing like crazy and continuing in July :)

Hope you have an awesome finish to the school year.

All the best!

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:15 pm 
Elephant

Oh yeah, I have them on a couple disks. Sorry, I forgot about them. I just finished with school, so I will have plenty of time to send them this week.

I started going to the gym now that it is less busy with the school year being basically over. All I have to say is: Holy shit was I missing on some good exercise. My bodyweight stuff was much less adequate than I thought. I didn't get very sore at all when I started the bodyweight (plus weight) program, but when I switched back to weights, damn. I guess I am going to make sure to stay with them from now on.

Other updates: I am moving to Massachusetts in about a month and a half. I will be going to personal training school there and working on my ACSM certification. I am so excited. I expect to throw on a lot of muscle in this next year. While at the school, I will be basically personally trained four days a week for six months. It is going to be amazing.

-offense74

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:18 am 
Site Admin

No worries at all, just wanted to check in.

Wow, cool, moving out east! I come to Boston a couple of times a year so we'll have to meet up! You can train me and we can hammer out some workouts!

All the best man! Enjoy the break from school. Say hi to your roommates for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:16 am 
Gorilla

I'm glad you got over your injury and are moving! I have a friend who used to live in Massachusetts and he said it was a very nice place to be. And congrats on going for your ACSM certification! :) Nice going!

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:29 am 
Elephant

Thanks. I just about have my student loan stuff done and have a few apartments in mind. I am so excited about moving there and starting the personal training program.

-offense74

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next