Vegan De Vil's training/weight loss log

I think this thread is a fabulous idea. A great way to hold yourself accountable for your ups and downs.

I'm at the end of my first week--- I figure I'll post my weekly progress. I get a headache looking at daily logs, myself.

Started at 134 pounds. My goal is to lose 14 pounds of fat and tone up. Essentially, a toned 120 pounds is my relative goal.

Here's ma log! (btw, the V stands for Vegan, Veg. for Vegetarian. I'm still transitioning, and I'm trying to keep track of that as well.)

Day 1: V, 1200 calories, pilates class

Day 2: Veg., 1500 calories, 400 cals burned/Elliptical machine

Day 3: V, 1300 calories, pilates class, 150 calories burned on home bike

Day 4: Veg., 1400 calories, double shift at work... lots and lots and LOTS of walking

Day 5: V, 1700 calories, sculpt class, spin class

Day 6: V, 1900 calories, 600 calories burned/Elliptical machine, solo ab work

Day 7: V, 1450 calories, sculpt class, 200 calories burned/Ellitical machine, solo ab work

I haven't weighed myself.... I don't think I will until the end of my second week. But my clothes are a bit looser than before!

My goals for the next seven days are to try and stay under 15-1600 calories, to use heavier weights in my sculpting classes, work on my abs consistently, and to NOT allow myself to get bullied into having anything with dairy in it. (I work in a restaurant that isn't exactly Vegan friendly. And the chefs consider it part of our job to 'taste' new items, namely desserts. Which I understand, but no more!)

Wish me luck on week #2!

Looks like your doing pretty well, I'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time. As for transitioning to a vegan, its good to go at your own pace and it will come in time. Even if your vegan and make a mistake its no biggie, doing your best is what counts. Wish you luck!

Ugh. Really bad day today, caloricly speaking. Just a very stressful day that I decided to deal with via food, which is so lame. I haven't done that since college. I'd say I had about 3600 cals all together. I feel like I must have undone so much of my hard work this week. I know wallowing won't make things better, but I felt like I needed to recognize it and own up to it.

The rest of my week has been great, though. I'm really proud of myself for all the gym time I have put in. Looking forward to posting my second week's log.

Blech.

Yeah man I think it is important to acknowledge slip ups, but the main thing is to focus on the positive, it looks like you have mainly been doing great I have a problem with comfort eating, when stuff starts to go wrong I feel myself heading for the kitchen which is the wrong way to deal with a problem - in fact it doesn't deal with the problem it is just a momentary distraction.

I have found in the past that writing a message on the back of my hand, or just a symbol, reminds me of my goal when I go to binge / snack. I look at it and I remember the promise(s) I've made to myself, and it's easier to have a commitment to it when it's visible like that, rather than just in your head. I think it's important to be tough on yourself and get in the zone, put some limits in place if it helps

I agree, comfort eating IS just a distraction. Its just so difficult when you're already in that particular headspace. Kind of a "I've already 'ruined' my day, might as well keep going" mentality. But it's just one stupid day. Back on track.

I like the idea of keeping a symbol/message close by. I may use that.

WEEK 2! Heeeeeells yeah....

Day 8: V, 1400 calories, 350 cals burned/Elliptical machine

Day 9: V, 1400 calories, sculpt class, solo ab work, 400 cals burned/Elliptical trainer

Day 10: V, 1600 calories, no exercise

Day 11: V, 1400 calories, sculpt class, solo ab work/leg work, 370 cals burned/Elliptical trainer

Day 12: V, 3600 calories, worked a double shift and walked quite a bit

Day 13: V, 1350 calories, sculpt class, 200 cals burned/Elliptical machine

Day 14: Veg., 2000-2500 calories, no exercise

A few days there where I wish I'd restricted a bit, but overall a good week, methinks. Worked out like a mad woman and am starting to see results--- got on a scale two days ago and I weighed just a skosh under 130 pounds. A pretty healthy 4 pound loss in two weeks! Woo hoo!

Also, my transition to a Vegan lifestyle is going quite well. It definitely took a period of adjustment and 're-training,' but now it's easy. What made my last day non-vegan this week was a night of drinking. Vegan booze isn't exactly readily available. But even then, I didn't have anything with a blatantly dairy base.

*edit* - I take that back, Vegan booze IS readily available, I just hadn't found the proper resources online (yet. Still, the booze I had wasn't on the 'veg friendly' list.) NOW, I can trash my body compassionately!!! (I kid, I kid.... it's very rare that I drink).

GOALS for this 3rd week: attempting to stay under 1400-1500 calories. Stay on track with the sculpting classes. I'm sure at some point I will want to transition into solo weight room work, but for now the classes are doing it for me.

Edited by VeganDeVil

I just realized, that if I stay on track.... I should reach my weight loss goal in THREE WEEKS! Blimey! I'm so jazzed, and so ready for this new chapter in my life.

*edit* That's totally wrong. At 2 pounds per week, I should reach my goal in 5 weeks. I really should go back to grade school.

Edited by VeganDeVil

Hey, congrats! (Out of curiosity, what's your height?)

Oh- and yes, there ARE tons of vegan drinks out there.... Once you're over the shredding phase, try Chocolate Silk Soy Milk, spiked with vodka. YUM - just like a Bailey's Irish Creme! (But of course, wait until after the three weeks...and drink responsibly!)

• 2 weeks later...

Man, did I get off track. Some life craziness hit, and my visits to the gym ended while my consumption of food increased. The funny part is, I probably would have been less stressed overall if I had just kept my routine up, and not convinced myself that I was pushing my body too hard whilst dealing with life. Life will always be crazy, I can't use that as an excuse to make my health and fitness goals a lesser priority.

Starting again, starting anew. Here we go.

I'm starting new as well...haven't been motivated in months...was 116 in April now I'm 122ish...not working out, stressed, bad eating habits...I'm shooting for 114...I'm happiest at 112 but everyone complains I'm too tiny...so 114 it is

I just started my food log...well starting it tomorrow after a crappy start to today...I also just signed up with Melissa Brey...I'm so excited to have someone to push me and motivate me...because right now I don't seem to be doing it myself!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a great couple weeks, the diet has been on track and far more delicious than I realized eating 'healthfully' could be. Gym time has been great, though I gave up on 'training'. I think it just may not be for me...... my thing is cycling. Indoor cycling classes just do it for me; I've been doing them for 8 years now.

Only I've just developed what the doc says is 'Chondromalacia' in my right knee.... also known as 'runner's knee', I'm told. I've been instructed to stay far away from the gym and simply stretch once or twice a day.

I'm panicking a little just thinking about it---I really love my cycling classes. I was told I probably shouldn't even get on the Elliptical machine for a few weeks.

No use complaining, I suppose. But being active keeps me clear headed, on top of the fact that weight loss is a current goal for me.

Ugh. I'll just catch up on reading and cut my calorie intake to closer to 1200, if I can.

*pout*

hey great journal. I wish you good luck. You should be able to achieve your goal in no time. Just try to stay concentrated. Sometimes we become so obsessed about something we lose balance. But I guess it's all about in which period of your life you live. Sometimes it's so easy, sometimes every seems difficult. For me, sometimes it's easier to lose weight when I don't set it as a goal. I just set secondary goals: eat less, find other occupations, stay busy, work more, etc. But sometimes that doesn't work neither !

Anyway, that's awesome, you're on the right track and you're doing great !

Slowly, but surely. Being inactive 'cause 'o my stupid knee has slowed things down. But tomorrow I'm planning on easing my way back into the weight room. I'll start with some leg machines to gauge how 'knee friendly' leg strengthening will be for me at this point. Blerg! (that's me. pouting. a good likeness, no?)

• 3 weeks later...

Down to 126, bitches!

Been working hard and monitoring my calories closely. AND, my knee pain has all but subsided. Working my legs has absolutely helped---and the pain only starts to creep back when my mind wanders and I'm executing bad form.... so it's a nice little reminder to keep my head in the game! (I've also been stretching my quads a few times a day--that seems to be helping quite a bit as well).

Going to Germany for 10 days tomorrow. I'm actually really worried about staying on track. It's been about 10 years, but I remember being stuck with mostly cold cuts and cheese. I'm packing a ton of clif bars, and planning on sticking to breads. I really don't want to undermine all my weight loss efforts with high calorie carbs, though. Well, we shall see!

I'm keeping an eye on your progress yeah travels can cause changes in your diet, because of a different mood too, but if you keep yourself busy you won't think about food so much. But have fun trying a cat's tongue cookie or a Madeleine dipped in hot English tea for us, or their other specialities, lol.

Anyway, have fun.