Lena's food & training log

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gettin' yo' fix?

It looks like a scene from trainspotting

good one! choose a life, choose a job, choose a coconut.

Those tiles are way too clean for Scotland!

lol we try... specially after a lentils pressure cooker exploded and made everything brown

mmmmm, lentil flavoured tiles....

lol yea, specially when you're cleaning, yummy!

This week I started a completely new plan, it's focused on strength. I train each muscle group twice a week, 72 hours for them to rest. It's been fine, I have a serious journal now where I write everything while I'm working out so no need for extra time afterwards to remember. Food just normal, eating less carbs and more nuts. Not taking creatine right now but recovering pretty fast and getting used to the new training which just showed me that the old one was lacking from a few things.

A friend of mine, former Mr. NB, told me I could compete in 12 weeks (when the next bbing competition is here) if I started the pre-comp diet and training. But I want to give myself more time, I don't want to just compete, I want to impress and stuff. Am I being just too ambitious and/or proud? I've always been a proud child and I like to win so I don't know if I should put that aside this time and give it a try. On the other side people will see me and say "well yes, she's vegan so look at how small she is" :/ I want to look very good when I'm on stage so people have to recognize that by being vegan you can achieve a great physique.

Am I being just too ambitious and/or proud? I've always been a proud child and I like to win so I don't know if I should put that aside this time and give it a try.

If it was me i'd wait until I felt I was in condition, but maybe you will learn from the experience and do even better the next time?

If it was me i'd wait until I felt I was in condition, but maybe you will learn from the experience and do even better the next time?

I feel more like having some time. The experience thing doesn't work a lot for me, and still next year I'll learn and the next time then I'll do better. I just don't think I want to learn my lesson now.

I feel more like having some time. The experience thing doesn't work a lot for me, and still next year I'll learn and the next time then I'll do better. I just don't think I want to learn my lesson now.

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow I hurted my left hand today and I can't lift weights or open doors anymore with it. I dunno when it happened because it was a crazy day today but when I tried to pick my bag I realized of it, at least it's not the one I use for writing. No dumbbells, barbells or anything for me. Only the stationary bike awaits. I thought it was enough to have an injured calf, now the hand! Duh! I hope that at least my old quad thing doesn't come up.

Other than that I feel awesome. I have lots of new projects going on and I'm kinda excited about all of them. Maybe when my schedule gets really tight I will not be as happy but it's all worth it. I also like that I spoke French with loads of people today.

Oh well, I just love my life. Seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

It was such a beautiful day today!

I woke up and had a banana and a tangerine before going to the gym. I worked out for about 2 hours: back, chest, biceps, triceps and abs. I also ran for warm-up for 10 minutes and my calf is doing fine. That's encouraging. I hit a couple personal records on preacher curl, triceps cable pull-down, lat pull-down and inclined bench dumbbell press. I'm getting stronger on this new program than I did in the previous one.

After a shower I helped finish the poster for my latin dance lessons. I figured some things about myself sitting there and that's mind-soothing. Then class and later merengue lessons!!! I had only 4 students which is a lot given the fact that nobody was supposed to come until next week. Next monday I should have some more students. I taught for about an hour, the coolest thing ever: a wall-sized mirror so I could look at myself dancing lol.

I had eaten only fruit during the day bcause I hadn't had much time but I just went to do my groceries and got some filberts and peanut butter. Now I've got some protein and fatty acids. I also bought Clif bars for when I'm done working out at school and have to keep on going.

Overall perfect day. No complaints at all.

EDIT: Actually I feel like posting my workout today (in pounds) :

Warm-up: 10 min run

Lats pull-down:

15x50, 15x55, 15x60, 15x65

Seated rows:

15x45, 15x50, 15x55, 15x55

Back extensions:

15 (no weight), 15x15, 15x20, 15x20

Flat bench dumbbell press:

15x10, 15x12, 15x10, 15x12

Inclined bench dumbbell press:

(same as above)

Declined bench chest dumbbell flys:

15x8, 15x10, 15x8, 15x10

Barbell preacher curl:

15x20, 15x20, 15x20, 15x25

Voicemail dumbbell curl:

15x10, 15x12, 15x10, 15x12

Cable tricep pulldown:

15x18, 15x27, 15x18, 15x18

French triceps extensions:

15x12, 15x12, 15x10, 15x10

Abs (some exercise on the cables whose name I dunno):

15x18, 15x27, 15x27, 15x18

The end

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I talked to my brother and my best friend, which made me fall in love with this day.

Half an hour later I got very pissed at somebody which hadn't happened in a long time (months). When I sat to study I ate fair trade spiced dark chocolate that I had in my bag and my heart started running like crazy. I don't know who I am anymore :emo:

Also tonight I'm cooking for 10 friends

I'm loving this video:

PS: I haven't had time to train much

• 2 weeks later...