Will's Log

Tues Nov 29

I did a bunch of chinups and one leg squats today

This is the 3rd day in a row I've done 100+ chinups in a day, and fatigue/soreness hasn't started to kick in yet

Also I'm going to attempt doing one leg squats every day for a week (at 25+ reps per leg per day)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wed Nov 30

4th day in a row of 100+ chins and still going strong on these. I'm going to push myself to the limit then rest several days. Then I'll try doing some one arm chins

Also successfully completed day 2 of 25+ one leg sqauts on each leg (did 50 total for both legs)

I need to do some ab work with bowling ball situps and twisting bowling ball sits before I go to sleep. I've been neglecting abs. They're going to look like soggy wheat if I don't pay more attention to them

Thurs - started feeling sick again with a sore throat, and right after I had gotten over the flu from the week before. So I rested Thursday

Friday - Slept 12 hours last night, but still not feeling 100%. I'm gonna go light, but still do some exercises then go to sleep early tonight: A few sets of bowling ball pushups, bowling ball situps, and some wrist roller work.

Sat Dec 3

7 reps of pushups w/ 80 lbs resistance from PP2 cables (estimated total resistance per rep at 215 lbs)

7 reps of bowling ball pushups

7 reps of fingertip pushups

rest a minute or two

repeated this "7, 7, 7, rest" cycle 10 times

then

5 sets of 10 rep one leg squats (5 reps per leg on each 10 rep set)

then

100 bowling ball situps

Next, I'm going to eat a cashew butter and jelly sandwich, drink some water, and try to get lots of sleep since I'm recovering from being sick

*** also I'm going to try to get some photos of me doing bowling ball pushups and post them here so people can see what this exercise is exactly, since it's an exercise I made up myself

Sun Dec 04

I just did 107 pullups in one hour

The world record for pullups in one hour is 470 - see http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_71580.asp - which means that I'm 363 reps short of the record. If I'm able to improve my reps/hour max by an average of 1 rep per day, then in a year I would be able to compete with the record. I decided I'm going to start training for that

Man, you could be a Navy Seal! Your workouts are amazing.

I wish that I could do 50-100 pull ups!

'Vegan Power'

Steve

Hey Steve, around 10 years ago when I graduated high school I came really close to joining the Navy but ultimately decided not too because they couldn't promise me I'd be able to stay vegetarian in basic training. Are you in the military? If so, how hard is it to be vegan there?

How's it going Will,

Never made it to the military, but I was almost a California Highway Patrol officer. (Made it to the final interview.) People that see me think that I am military or police though. (6'2" / 220 lbs.) I have heard that in the military you eat mostly MREs. (Definitely not vegan choices.)

I fly corporate jets and I have to stay healthy to maintain an FAA Medical. There are some things that can disqualify a pilot from flying these days.

Vegan Power

Steve

Sun Dec 04

The world record for pullups in one hour is 470 - see http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_71580.asp - which means that I'm 363 reps short of the record. If I'm able to improve my reps/hour max by an average of 1 rep per day, then in a year I would be able to compete with the record. I decided I'm going to start training for that

There's a lot of discussion board posts saying Jack Lalanne supposedly did 1000 in 82 minutes. I recall the record for doing them straight without stopping is supposedly 360 by someone with an asian name which I can't remember.

Sun Dec 04

There's a lot of discussion board posts saying Jack Lalanne supposedly did 1000 in 82 minutes. I recall the record for doing them straight without stopping is supposedly 360 by someone with an asian name which I can't remember.

Yeah Jack Lalanne is awesome. He's nearly 3 times my age and he can do more fingertip pushups than I can. If you can find an official record of him doing 1000 in 82 minutes let me know. The highest record I've found on the Internet is 470/hr

did 119 pullups in 60 minutes

Pullups not pushups

But that's 12 more than last time, and it's not 12, but only 9 days later, so you're good in schedule so far

Go for the world record! Vegan Power!

Thanks man. It felt great to do that many. Well not exactly great, more like really sore. But like you said I'm ahead of schedule... tomorrow night is chinup night!