Finally back at it

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

pamela
Elephant

Re: Finally back at it

#106 Postby pamela » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:50 pm

medman wrote:9k, awesome! Glad to see that you didn't mention any problems with pain on that run.

I seem to have defeated my minor injuries. Now the key will be to make sure I don't get new ones!

I haven't officially run since that, mostly just life getting in the way. I've run to and from the transitway at work a couple times (1.5km each way) but nothing serious. I'll probably run tomorrow, and if not then, definitely saturday.

pamela
Elephant

#107 Postby pamela » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Tonight I went for a run with my friend Jo, who is a 3:35 marathoner. Her cat (who lives with her ex) escaped a few weeks ago and she's been looking for her. She asked me if I would help her cover ground faster by running with her through some industrial areas, so I obliged. We ran 11.5 km in total, with a few walk breaks. The walk breaks weren't scheduled or anything though. I didn't have any pain, which is good, but I was conscious of not wanting to overdo it. We didn't see her cat, but we got some more ideas of where to put more posters and stuff.

John V
Elephant

#108 Postby John V » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:17 pm

How are you doing?
an evolving primate

pamela
Elephant

#109 Postby pamela » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:27 pm

Hey John, thanks for asking.

I'm ok. It's been a rough few weeks, but I'm still running about every other day. I am currently 100% injury-free, and I hope to keep it that way.

I'm not doing much else though. My home gym isn't set up, and I've felt very tired due to stress in my life.

John V
Elephant

#110 Postby John V » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:50 am

Still on our planet?
an evolving primate

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”