Angry because of celebrity favouritism

Richard

It irritates me how when a celebrity dies, it's all across the newspaper like they're some kind of hero. But when an ACTUAL hero dies, nobody bats an eyelid. Like policemen, firemen, doctors, nurses etc. When one of them dies of natural causes and illness, it doesn't make headlining news. Why do people care less about those people and more about a celebrity who did nothing in particular to help anyone but themselves? Anyone else get pissed off because of this?

I'm referring to all celebrities who aren't important, yeah george best is maybe an example but I don't know much about him, maybe he did something worth talking about, I wouldn't like to specifically say nobody should care / talk about him. But it's like, it doesn't matter who the celebrity is, they could be a total asshole, but they still get talked up, and other important people get forgotten, it's sad.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Some people are famous for the dumbest reasons.

I don't know who George Best is, but then again I don't watch a lot of TV or follow "news" as much as maybe I "should."

Celebrity News...That just seems to be a way of life our here. Nearly every radio show or news show always has at least a 1-minute update on celebrity news, who's dating who, who's wearing what, and who called someone else a bad name, etc.

Some celebrities do good things, and use their celebrity status to help important issues. Some are just rich and famous. Most probably worked very hard to become a celebrity, others, like many recently, are born into it and seemingly become famous for no reason other than their last name.

But I hear ya man....what about the teachers, some of the most important figures in our lives, and other people who do impact many? Yeah, we overlook some and give unwarranted (sp) praise to others.

-Rob

Yeah I don't dislike someone who is a celebrity, it's irrelevent. but likewise, I don't think they should get their asses kissed just because they made it, they're just like anyone else. And if they've done something positive and helped a bunch of people, they should get recognition regardless of if they're famous or not, but it seems like you only get news coverage if you're already famous!

Yeah, know what you mean, I think it's just the way society has shaped it and it will probably be like that for a while. Everyone seems to be interested in those who are top athletes, movie stars and musicians. But I know where you're coming from.

If I ever become a big enough celebrity for anyone outside of veganism or bodybuilding to care, I'll make sure I'm cool and not totally lame

R O B

I agree with you on that, but I also think (at least here in the States), the term 'hero' is thrown around like it means nothing. If anyone does anything compassionate at all, or does something any decent human being SHOULD do, they get called a hero. People helping the homeless, or old people, or something and they are a hero. Give me a break.

Of topic, the other thing I can't stand is when someone does something great, like when a doctor saves a patient's life when it was a slim chance, and the persons says 'It was a miracle!'. No, it was years and years of schooling and lots of hard work, and the doctor saved your life, not some higher power.

Okay, enough ranting

Tyler,

Once again, I think I'm on the same page as you. Nice to know that. The more I see posts from you the more I think you are a lot like me. We both rant from time to time but it's about a lot of the same stuff.

Some stupid things are blown way out of proportion. We can't blame hollywood movies can we? Maybe TV or media in general.

Anyway, time for me to eat macaroni and cheeseless with my sister and brother-in-law.

SpongeRob NoPants