Ninja Training & Diet Vol. 3

Been ill again the last week or so, but I got back to training. Monday I played tennis for a couple of hours, then I hit the gym Wednesday and did biceps, back and legs, and today I did chest, triceps, shoulders and abs.

Hope to get back to the routine finally. Back on protein shakes. I am to eat pretty much exclusively protein shakes, steamed vegetables with some beans / pasta now and then. Feels good to have my strength back after being ill, I feel like I've been spinning my wheels for a little while, now I feel great.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright! We did about 3 hours of tennis, feels good, but I am sore now, plus I have burnt my face a bit due to how hot it was today - even though I wore cream. Skating tomorrow, hopefully I won't be too sore for the gym as well

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the gym today. Did 30 minutes on the bike, then hit chest with bench press, incline dumbbell press and fly machine, and did front and side shoulder raises, tricep extensions and tricep pull downs. Now I'm dead. Tennis tomorrow for a couple of hours, if the weather is good.

http://www.godfist.com/body/gym_dead.jpg

• 1 month later...

Oy, things have been going well at the gym, I have remained motivated. However I ate quite a lot of crap yesterday which I hate looking back on. Diet has mainly been pretty good in terms of macronutrients and calories, with days like yesterday becoming fewer and fewer, hopefully I will be able to get rid of them completely soon as I get more focussed and positive in my approach.

Owned it today, had tonnes of protein, no fat whatsoever. Good chest work out, hit it from all angles, barbell press, dumbbell press and dumbbell flies, and also did side and front shoulder raises, and tricep pull downs and extensions, boom. Hopefully hit the gym again tomorrow and hopefully some tennis also if the weather is good, I'm up in your grill

Pow pow.

Okay, doctor's orders (robert's), I am going to try and record my food again for a while to see where I am going wrong with my diet, I am sure I can improve it, and it helped me before to write it down.

GYM:

Lat pull-down

Lat resistence row

reverse sit up

bicep curl

hammer curl

leg press

FOODSZ:

Breakfast: vitamin tablets, glass of soy milk

Lunch: Protein shake

Evening: half a can of Nutolene

Evening: Protein shake

Evening: Kidney beans & cous cous

Yesterday:

FOOD:

Bowl of sweet potato, broccoli, potato and TVP and nutrish yeast flakez, yum, fills me right up

2.5 jam sandwiches

Protein shake

Okay not bad... no training though, well I did 20 push ups, whatever

Today:

FOOD (so far):

Pre-workout - protein shake

afternoon - protein shake & 6 celery sticks

Evening - sweetcorn and TVP - 2 seed crackers

TRAINING:

Bench press:

12 x 50kg + bar

8 x 60kg + bar

5 x 60kg + bar

Front shoulder raises:

3 x 8 x 10kg (each hand)

Side shoulder raises:

3 x 8 x 7.5kg

Incline Dumbbell Press:

2 x 8 x 17.5kg (each hand)

10 x 17.5kg

Tricep Extensions:

8 x 15kg

2 x 8 x 17.5kg

Bike 10 minutes

FOOD:

Breakfast: soy milk, vitamin tablets

Post-workout: protein shake

bowl of sweetcorn & TVP

Evening: protein shake

Late evening: protein shake

TRAINING:

Lat pull down, Lat resistance row, inverted situps, preacher curls / hammer curls / bicep curls, leg press, 20 minutes interval training on bike

Wanted to encourage the water drinking. It will take awhile for your body to get use to the amount of increased water into your body. It is also awhile to train your body to digest the protein drinks also (which is what protein?). You will start to pee less and less as your body fills up/hydrates to its max. You still could be low in some minerals though.

Also, what is your fitness goal? It is hard to look at your diet and tell if it is good or bad depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Because if it is to put on the muscle, you won't be able to do it with the diet you have now. Bodyfat loss is what your diet is saying to me right now.

Unless you are a pro fitness person and have been doing your diet and fitness for years and years of experience, and know how to just tweak it here and there to get it to do what you want, you will not be able to gain muscle mass and lose weight/bodyfat optimally. Again optimallly.

Look at how you got sick. Your body is telling you something. I will try and speak for it if you won't listen!!!!!!

Yeah that's right, my current goal is to lose fat (whilst retaining the muscle that I have). It's soy protein that I take. I think one of the main causes for my sickness is when I am under a lot of stress / extremely depressed. Been fine for a while physically, and mentally coping. It's when I start to go off the edge mentally that I get sick, at least that is the pattern that I've noticed.

FOOD:

breakfast - oats + soymilk + 4 dates, vitamins

post-workout - protein shake

Afternoon - bowl of sweetcorn + TVP

Evening - protein shake

Late evening - protein shake

Night - bowl of sweetcorn

TRAINING:

Bench press

Side shoulder raises

Front shoulder raises

tricep extensions

fly machine

tricep pulldowns

ab crunches 20,20,20,20 (80)

20 minutes bike, interval training

Dude, I have successfully avoided binging out on junk today and yesterday, even though I had extreme craving. I have "NO" written on the back of my hand in big letters, to keep me dedicated, so far it has worked, I hope I keep it up, I feel a lot better knowing that I am keeping calories down.

yesterday:

TRAINING:

Tennis for 90 minutes

FOOD

Breakfast: oat-based cereal

Lunch: Protein drink

Evening: Protein drink

I think that's it

Today:

FOOD

Breakfast: oats, dates, soymilk, vitamins

Afternoon: protein shake

Evening: Bowl of kidney beans

Night: Plate of raw carrots

FOOD:

Breakfast - Forgot to eat anything! Vitamins

Post-workout - Protein shake

Lunch: Protein shake

Afternoon: 3 sticks of celery, 2 carrots

Evening: Protein shake

Evening: 2 sticks of celery, 6 carrots

Night: Protein shake

Night: Oats + water + chopped dates (because I missed breakfast :P)

TRAINING:

Lat pulldown

Resistance row

reverse situp

bicep curls

hammer curls

20 minutes on bike (interval)

I am giving it all I've got on the interval training, it really kills me

So, you basically ate soy protein and vitamins yesterday? And you were killing yourself with the interval training? I think you said it right there. And how many times have you heard that this is healthy to do this to your body? It is healthy that you are starving it (not of protein or vitamins ), but also asking it to do stuff that is way beyond what it wants to do? Very smart of you!

Luckily you are young and forgiveness is in the hormones and your DNA (which is still elastic with many telomeres yet to be taken off with each division). Just look for the signs of basal metabolism slowing though: weight loss plateau. Or sickness in physical, as well as mental, aspect as your body argues with you.

Eat like you give a damn about your health

Yesterday (September 2nd) I had:

Breakfast: oats, dates, soymilk, vitamins

Evening: Bowl of kidney beans

Night: Plate of raw carrots

Today is the 3rd of September - check the dates of my posts. It's 2:45pm. I'll have something else to eat later. I feel great. Legs feel the workout after the interval training - as they should. If you don't feel it afterwards you haven't done it right. My heart / lungs are fine during the training, don't suffer the asthma that I used to years ago.

FOOD:

Breakfast: Oats, soymilk, dates, vitamins

Post-workout: Protein shake

Afternoon: Protein shake

Afternoon: bowl of Kidney beans & TVP

Evening: Oats, soymilk & sultanas (Double-take - I am out of protein powder!)

TRAINING:

Bench press

Fly machine

Incline shoulder Press

Side Shoulder raises

Front Shoulder raises

Tricep Extensions

20 minutes interval training on bike booyah

Took a photo and liked it, but my facial expression is way more smug than I expected, ah well!

http://godfist.com/body/september/bicep2.jpg