Favorite Protein Shake

Shelby

Wow, that Vega stuff looks really beneficial! It's quite expensive tho. Is it really worth the price? Also, for those of u who use it, which flavor do u recommend?

Rob sent me a couple samples, and the berry one kept me full for almost 5 hours, when I mixed it with oranges and banana's in a blender, but I'd buy it, or the bars.

There's a thing in what ljk11 said about rice protein.

I can't be the only one seeing it.

Meanwhile, I snagged on ebay a bunch of the clif builders for like 35 cents a piece including shipping. So yeah, that's my favorite for now.

• 2 weeks later...
To be honest, Vega is kind of hit and miss with a lot of people. Some love it, and some don't love it. Only a few I've heard say, "It's ok" like that had no opinion. I prefer the Vega Bars, I eat them all the time.

The powder was definitely a miss for me. I thought it tasted like dirt (that some strawberries had been ground into?) I bought a whole container, and used a little in my morning smoothie to get rid of it. Took me months!

Now, the bars are another story. I keep some in my office, some if my car (good when going to the grocery store after work and being able to avoid the junky temptations by telling myself I have something snacky and healthier in the car).

I am a very lazy breakfast maker, but I know it's important, so I make myself a morning smoothie. Usually with the following ingredients:

pomegranate juice, aloe vera juice, Vegan Complete protein powder (pea and rice based), hemp protein powder, maca root powder, flax meal, the 'innards' of two Vegan Joint Supreme capsules, frozen berries. Sometimes, I will soak some goji berries in the juice for a few minutes before I add the rest of the ingredients. (sounds a lot like the ingredients in Vega, but it tastes much better, IMO!)

Pea/rice protein is definitely more accepted by my digestive tract! And I don't like the idea of eating concentrated or isolated soy protein because of the studies that suggest it increases risk of breast cancer (which is not a problem with soy FOODS---like anything, it seems that often when you extract parts of something that was whole, you either get something that is ineffective, or something that poses a risk.)