Vegan Joe's Progression

Thanks much Richard.

Fri. 8-29-08

Stretching

50 pelvic tilts (feet on floor behind glutes)

50 basic crunches

Alternating supermans

3x 10sec. each side.

Supermans (all limbs)

3x10 sec.

100 bicycle maneuvers

20 min. treadmill (walking fast)

Pull downs rear

120lbs(54.43kgs) x10

130lbs(kgs) x10

140lbs(63.50kgs) x8

Frogs on the Bosu

3 sets of 40 (20 each leg)

Rowing mach.

150lbs(68.03kgs) x8

165lbs(74.83kgs) x6

180lbs(61.23kgs) x4

Hanging (elbows on machine pads) leg lifts (bent knee)

3 sets 20

Pull downs Front

140lbs(63.50kgs) x8

150lbs(68.03kgs) x6

160lbs(72.57kgs) x4

Side Planks

3 set, 15 sec.

Dumbell Curls Seated

35lbs(15.87kgs) x7

40lbs(18.14kgs) x4

45lbs(20.41kgs) x2

Standing Barbell Curls

70lbs(31.75kgs) x10

80lbs(36.28kgs) x6

90lbs(40.82kgs) x4

10 min. treadmill (walking fast)

jacuzzi,

steamroom,

followed by, sauna

and then shower.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat. 8-30-08

Stretching

50 basic crunches

Alternating supermans

3x 10sec. each side.

Supermans (all limbs)

3x10 sec.

100 bicycle maneuvers

Frogs on the Bosu

3 sets of 40 (20 each leg)

Hanging (elbows on machine pads) leg lifts (bent knee)

3 sets 20

50 bicycle maneuvers

jacuzzi, ,

Steamroom, 200 kegels followed by, sauna

and then shower.

Well no abs or such during the holidays, except some jumprope on the beach today with the help of some kelp weed for rope. and some swimming.

Diet changes have been going well. (no soy, wheat, sugar, and junk food or soda. Did wonder if I was crossing the line today when I ate 160 cals of fritos, corn oil is the pits. Felt good at the coffee shop at the beach this morning when everyone was ordering their bagels and cream cheese, and I ordered a chef salad with avocados. Man was it delicious with the tomatoes and the balsamic dressing. It actually gave me a high, it was so tasty. Well almost. lol

Sweet Tomato Restaurant for dinner was a garden of veggie delights, with some vegan blackbean chili, dang who need desert. Not me some lemon slices and I floated out of the place.

PS What ever you migh be thinking, I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. lol.

Gym tomorrow, might try to switch up from my push/pull, being there is a Union meeting Wens. Don't know if I can recover with only one day off, but maybe I will try.

Chow, and have a nice week.

Vegan Joe

Edited by Vegan Joe

Yesterday

Stretching

50 basic crunches

Alternating supermans

3x 10sec. each side.

Supermans (all limbs)

3x10 sec.

100 bicycle maneuvers

Supersets

DB Benchpress

65lbs(68.03kgs) x8

70lbs(74.83kgs) x6

75lbs(61.23kgs) x4

DB Rows

65lbs(29.48kgs) x8

70lbs(31.75kgs) x6

75lbs(34.01kgs) x4

Upright Row

70lbs(31.75kgs) x8

80lbs(36.27kgs) x6

90lbs(40.82kgs) x4

SS

Pull downs Front

140lbs(63.50kgs) x8

160lbs(72.57kgs) x6

180lbs(81.64kgs) x4

Tricep Cable pulldowns

70lbs(31.75kgs) x8

75lbs(34.01kgs) x6

80lbs(36.27kgs) x4

SS

Pull downs rear

120lbs(54.43kgs) x10

130lbs(58.96kgs) x10

140lbs(63.50kgs) x4

Cable Crossovers

60lbs(27.21kgs)x10

65lbs(29.48kgs) x10

70lbs(31.75kgs) x10

SS

Side Planks 3x 15 min.

Hanging Leglifts

3x20

jacuzzi, 100 trunktwists,

Steamroom,

200 kegels followed by, sauna

and then shower.

Fri. 9-05-08

Did my last workout plus added somethings while waiting for my wife. I was at the gym for 4 hours tonight. Will type it out this weekend as I will not be hitting the gym this weekend except for maybe the steamroom, etc..

Four hours, eh? You must do a lot of flirting at the gym...........

Fri. 9-05-08

Did my last workout plus added somethings while waiting for my wife. I was at the gym for 4 hours tonight. Will type it out this weekend as I will not be hitting the gym this weekend except for maybe the steamroom, etc..

Four hours, eh? You must do a lot of flirting at the gym...........

Flirt? Nah. I only flirt with you. I'm on a mission. less than 3 months to 55, gonna look my best. trying to work hard at it.

Another good superset workout using some heavy weights. Strained the muscle in my forearm,doing DB curls, the Flexor Carpi Ulnaris or something like that. Took some asprin when I got home, will put hot patch on it tonight, skip the ice. Blood flow will work just as well it's not a big hurt. 1 hrs in the gym. 1 hour in the jacuzzi, steamroom, sauna, , and shower.

72 days to the goal. Have sense that I am doing just fine. Tomorrow will be fruit and Gemma only day.

Another good workout at the gym. My Flexor Carpi Ulnaris gave me no trouble though I knew it was there. Was at the Gym for almost 4 hours doing super sets of everything I could think. am slowly dropping weight and making some muscle gain will have to bring the camera next workout, next week will try to get some belly stuff done on the weekend. Jacuzzi is down so that takes alot of fun out of it so will see how things go.

Thanks for reading this.

For me, the fun of working out is all in listening to my music. I get a bit upset when I'm training alone and realize that I've forgotten my IPOD. So I can understand your disappointment with the jacuzzi being out of service.

For me, the fun of working out is all in listening to my music. I get a bit upset when I'm training alone and realize that I've forgotten my IPOD. So I can understand your disappointment with the jacuzzi being out of service.

I don't listen to music when I workout, with the exception of what's playing over the gym speakers.

Even gun fighters in the old west would kill over a hot bath. LOL

Amen! I forgot my IPOD a few weeks ago and turned right around and went and got it! Great journal Joe!!

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks and I still haven fell of the first page of "Online Training Journals & Blogs"

Well sorry for being less than steller these last 2 weeks but I did get back tonight with a routine on the stair climber level 5 of 10. Didn't breath to hard but did perspire quite a bit. Promising you and me to get back on track and make that push to the finish on Thanksgiving Day (55th B-Day).

Thanks for reading. and wishing

"More power to you!"

Amen! I forgot my IPOD a few weeks ago and turned right around and went and got it! Great journal Joe!!

Thank you Trent!

Hope I will live up to your expectations. Should have read your Kudos 2 weeks ago. Thanks again.