What accomplishments has being vegan done for you?

RAINRA

my diet gave me more energy in which I was able to go more rounds, eating meat and eggs and high fatty foods slows down the circulation to parts around your body. Keeping them clear helps elevate the passing of oxygen which enables you to function better. Some would deny it but ask scott jurek ultramarathoner why he went vegan....

Though I suppose it might not be as much of an acomplishment as many of the other forum members I've been gaining weight. I've always been skinny and I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. I attribute this to the research of food that veganism inspired me to do and the appreciation for natural food that veganism inspired in me.

I don't know if this relates in any way but when I used to get bruises no matter the size they'd accompany me for about 10 days. This thursday I had a small accident at the gym with two 45 lbs plates that left me a not very pretty bruise in the hand and it already went away (3 days later) while I thouhght I'd have it for 2 weeks at least.

a fitness DVD pilot being marketed and another one in the works...

a thriving business as a personal trainer and vegan diet consultant

an opportunity to meet celebrities, filmakers, athletes and people whom I have the utmost respect for

feeling like my life has meaning and purpose and that I can actually make a difference

the confidence of knowing that I'm not contributing to the destruction of our planet.

a world of possibilities such as the book I'm working on and other opportunities

a chance to motivate and encourage others to live a life of compassion that hurts rather than helps human nature.

These are all the positives.... One of the myths, or negatives if you will... is that I still struggle to keep my weight down and bodyfat in check exactly the same way I did on an Omni diet. In fact, its more difficult as a Vegan. But its worth it

I went 32 consecutive rounds breakdancing. most breakdancers get tired at 10 rounds.
Your diet didn't do that - you did that.
my diet gave me more energy in which I was able to go more rounds' date=' eating meat and eggs and high fatty foods slows down the circulation to parts around your body. Keeping them clear helps elevate the passing of oxygen which enables you to function better. Some would deny it but ask scott jurek ultramarathoner why he went vegan....[/quote']

Or : the absence of meat and animal products helped you achieved that, not necessarily the fruits and greens... eventhough it surely helped too !

Eating better surely improved my physical skills . But for me being vegan made possible for me to eat and live without constantly having to think about my responsability in animal misery and their suffering. Knowing that I don't cause any suffering, and that I don't have blood and pain on my conscience, made me happier overall. More positive energy, for me and to the others, gave me more strenght and endurance.

I don't think that being vegan has helped with any achievements for me, although I no longer suffer from serious asthma or IBS like I used to, I just get asthma from foggy weather and from high impact cardio like running, but not from anything else. I used to get asthma attacks and had to take an inhaler at least twice a day, and sometimes was put on a nebulizer. That stopped, along with IBS once I was vegan. I took the nebulizer with me to university, became vegan a couple of months later, and I've never used it since, in fact I almost forgot to take it home.

I became vegan 2 years ago. I came to veganism after reading The World Peace Diet by Dr. Will Tuttle. From there it felt like a light turned on. Started going to the gym more often, doing yoga, began eating organically, reading & researching health issues & more animal welfare issues. Then becoming active in environmental & animal rights issues. Although being vegan isn't always for "you" exactly. When you are vegan you save the lives of animals and you help reduce global warming. And if you talk to others about how veganism has had a positive effect on your health- then those people may begin to take better care of themselves.

I think that if anyone became vegan and suddenly had physical illnesses disappear then that is quite an accomplishment! Don't discount that!

Zinzen-

That's awesome!

beforewisdom-

Yeah, Dr. Will Tuttle is an amazing person & a kind soul. I first found him when I read an article he wrote for VegNews Magazine. Have you read The World Peace Diet? I highly recommend it to everyone. Especially anyone who became vegan for health or environmental reasons.