Ok here is my surgery posts

zinzen

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning 2 and it feels like I have been hit by a truck, maybe a light duty one though so I think I am feeling better.

Fever has subsided, though I still feel weak.

Going to attempt some stretches like hamstrings and back, and probebly some ab work today.

Well 2 days out of surgery and my addiction to the gym pulled me back in.

It was a small leg day due to the fact that I feel horrid and drugged, but its better then doing nothing.

So I did leg press with 180*10

calf raises on the one machine 190*10

seated calf raises 115*15 and some tiny woman helped me lift off the 45 lbs plates cause they were at an angle and you know 1 arm, it was very nice of her.

I also did back extentions on this machine 220*15

couldnt isolate hamstrings quite yet for I dont want to hurt my shoulder.

Edited by zinzen

I now feel as if I have been hit by a car, its always worse in the morning, the percocets are making me a bit loopyer then usual, I think its cause they got me on this anti nausia drug to.

Docs said nothing about working out, I figure if I do nothing to effect the joint I will be kosher.

I know next week when I start PT my therapist will kick my ass, for I have seen him for various bullshit throughout the years, actually he did my last shoulder so he knows what I can handle, and that will be working out hardcore.

In the typing of this I have passed out a few times due to the stupid drugs, I have been living off of percocets and popsicles since monday

Hey man all I can do is keep on keeping on. My arm is even worse colours now, come friday when they take the bandages off I will have a sick pic up Im sure.

I just renewed my gym membership so I will be there tomorrow with more leg work and some serious cardio.

Ok today I feel horrible. I think I am getting sick, not the best thing for healing.

I am still planning on going to the gym and finishing off my legs, and doing a bit of cardio since I have had a diet consisting of popsicles and tofutti fudgesicles for 3 days now.

I think once I take some pain pills I will feel better, but I really hate that, makes me feel like an addict again.

Thanks again for those who have commented and read this, it really has made this experience a lot more tolerable.

Peace, Tom

Just finished a good leg day, I could tell that the pressure in my body was not so good for me at this point, but what can I say, I did it anyways. now I have a freaking headache, and wow when your sweating profusly and have a bulky sling on, it sure doesnt help the puddles of sweat. Wouldnt recommend it.

Pulled off about 22 minutes on an eliptical and then my body kinda just said that was enough, so I walked home.

Not bad for my "first" workout, I lifted a bit yesterday, but I didnt plan on it.

Ok so I went back to the gym and polished off the day with 35 minutes on the eliptical,its a hell of a lot easier when you are on an eliptical with a private tv and the office on.

Still feeling like poo, and now my bandage smells like asperagus urine.

I get it removed tomorrow, I hope they dont find that my arm is rotting off.

Peace to all of you , and it was cool finally talking tou you too rob.

Well its 4:20 am and I am woke up in pain. Pain from shoulder and pain from a splitting headache, this PA today better have some answers for me.

I wish itwas the surgeon instead of his assistant, I really hope they aint making me pay a co-pay to see some dude who didnt even go to med school.

Kinda think I have a fever, seems like I wake up the same way everyday, shivering, weak, shit I can barley type. I wish my wife wouldve woke up with me.

I gotta say that I really wish I wouldnt have got this surgery done, I feel so awful right now, and cold, and have I mentioned I havnt been allowed to take a shower all week.

Signing out, miserable as shit,

Tom