Denise Nicole in Cinderella Shoes (aka seasiren)

Last comp was end of June took a FULL two weeks off, something I have not done since beginning of training about a year and a half ago. It was quite trying some days, as I really wanted to get back to it..... but hoping the full rest period has done it's job. I stayed active as I finished my move from Maryland to Michigan, so def was not sitting on my bottom! lol

Of course now that I am ready I have a head cold I can not shake. I'm not really sure if it's a summer cold or possibly allergies while adjusting to a new area? Anyway, thus the first week back has to be light as getting my breath back has been a bit trying... but way to stubborn to take off anymore time!

Mon:

Upper Abs: 3 sets

Lower Abs: 3 sets

Obliques: 3 sets both sides

Shoulder press 12-10-8-8-6-4

PU's 12-10-8-8-6-4

Side Lats 30reps x 3sets

Tues:

Wide Lat PD 12-10-8-8-6-4

Seated Rows 12-10-8-8-6-4

Side Delts wm - 30 each side

Seated Bicep Curls 12-10-8-8-6-4

Reverse Curls wm - 30

Hopefully will shake this cold next week and get some better numbers (thus really didn't bother with them this week as I can't go "all out").

No cardio at this time.... I'll incorporate that closer to comp. Taking some time off, back to comp Sept or Oct depending on how I feel or my schedule at that time.

Need to get some research/studying in. Beautiful day so off to the pool for a few hours

Edited by SeaSiren

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you got to take a break!

Enjoy recovery periods, they are so beneficial.

All the best my dear!

Thank-you!

Wed: Rest & Recovery Day

Thurs:

Machine Fly: 12-10-8-6-6-4

Machine Press: 12-10-8-6-6-4

Incline Bench: 12-8-6-6-4 ..... majorly had to back off this one. I generally do not work chest, so a tough area anyway. Then my back was screaming. Time for roter cuff exercises as I am not able to push as much as I can without risking injury (did that one before, recover was horribly long).

Tricep Push Downs 12-10-8-6-6-4

Tricep Press 12-10-8-6-6-4

My chest and triceps are paying for it today.... nice feeling really!

Friday:

Hack Squat 12-10-8-6-6-4 - new gym. Not happy with their machine. I seem to be just barely too small for it. I have to rock to the balls of my feet to reset it and lock it, as I am not quite tall enough.... it also pushes on the outside of my shoulders.... seems to be wider then the one I am used to working with. Was OK since still taking it light this week. But prob will not use it again in the future as there is no way I can push myself on it without injury or getting stuck.

Lying Leg Curls 12-10-8-6-6-4

Standing Calf Raises 12-10-8-6-6-4

Abductors Outer 12-10-8-6-6-4

Abductors Inner 12-10-8-6-6-4

"Eyeballing" my food intake.... since I've gotten used to how much protein etc is in the food I consume. Since I am taken a bit of time off, I am consuming around 1600 on lifting days. Protein around 140, eating 5 approx every 3 hours. Hav a new love .... green tea and fresh squeezed lemonade.... can't seem to get enough!

No workout scheduled for this weekend. Hoping to get some riding time in (motorcycle) & beach it a bit. Have more paperwork to do, so off to the poolside to enjoy the day!

Pic (from cell phone) from Mom's Stable when I visited Maryland where she cares for retired race horses. Apparently my boyfriend was floored to see me do actual outdoor manual labor as I was unloading the hay truck after our 13 hour drive in (was a wee bit hot too, upper 90's), ....yep kicked off the heels climbed up and started throwing bails into through the door, lol

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/hay.jpg

What kinda bike?

It's my boyfriend's Harley Davidson Night Rod Special based off the V Rod.

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/harley1.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/harley2.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/harley3.jpg

I'm fascinated by the trick bikes. He said whatever I want, so am looking at a ninja.

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/ninjapk.jpg

I'm undecided, but my criteria is, fast, lightweight, and pink .... also need to find pink Kevlar gear to match Hey now, gotta show those little boys what girls are made of out there in the trick lot

have you ever ridden not just as passenger?

Ninja is a good bike. In october/november i'm going to get a zx6r or honda cbr f4i...not sure which yet...the old ninja 500 can't keep up with my friends anymore.

Yes, but they were honda touring bikes ....so not especially thrilling, lol

How about this puppy??? Can you say saaaweeeet!!!!

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/hayabusa.jpg

I've ridden with 'busas...they are pretty cool, too fast though.

These are my 2 favs...haven't decided which one to get yet, i like the 98-02 ninjas

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Testing/Honda/CBR600F4i/Images/e_600p.jpg

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7360/kawiux7.jpg

Newer ninjas look ok, but i like that style better. New ones have a fat ass.

I'd feel guilty going for a honda though. Kawasaki is where it's at.

watch that...390kmh...turbo busa..haha

Toxic people, there was nothing left for me there. I knew I was leaving, just not sure where it would be. I went back to get my things and of course ran into many of the people I rolled with, confirming my decision..... especially when two of my friends (both big business owners there) where making out at the bar with a 21 year old (his new girlfriend, they are in their 40's) and one of their Nanny's....also in her early twenties, then the girls turned to each other and began....nice (*insert sarcasm). I always refused to date all of them and did go out to bands, etc. But always kind of "watched the show". The show has gotten worse, for me anyway. To each his own, and all that but I'm so glad to be away from it all. I came to Michigan to visit a friend (now boyfriend) when I needed a break from the stress (divorce, etc) and fell in love with the area. I'm a navy brat so "home is where your stuff is", and off I went. Funny thing is, I have found more non-judgemental and extremely friendly people out here. It's a really good fit for me it seems. I have male, female and couples as friends, go out, invited to their homes, etc. It's very laid back and friendly here. And as far as work and competing, it has much more to offer me then where I used to live, from upper Ohio, to Detroit area, to Chicago, to Toronto Canada, all easy driving distance!

Mon:

Shoulder press 12-10-8-8-6-4

PU's 12-10-8-8-6-4

Side Lats 30reps x 3sets

weighted Ab machine - 4 sets of 30

Tues: Rest & Recovery Day (normally on Wed, but Tues was impossible to get to the gym, so took it as my rest day).

Wed:

Wide Lat PD 12-10-8-8-6-4

Seated Rows 12-10-8-8-6-4

Side Delts wm - 30 each side

Standing Barbell Bicep Curls 12-10-8-8-6-4

Cubans (for rotor cuff) wm - 30

Thurs:

Machine Fly: 12-10-8-6-6-4

Machine Press: 12-10-8-6-6-4

Incline Bench: 12-8-6-6-4

Tricep Push Downs 12-10-8-6-6-4

Tricep Press 12-10-8-6-6-4

Friday:

Leg Press 12-10-8-6-6-4

Seated Leg Curls 12-10-8-6-6-4

Seated Calf Raises 12-10-8-6-6-4

Abductors Outer 12-10-8-6-6-4

Abductors Inner 12-10-8-6-6-4

* wanted to do cable cross overs here, but there was no ankle cuff in sight! One of the largest gyms I have ever been in, and no cuff... so went to desk and they searched and searched to no avail. They said they would order me one though... older school training. I like the standing crossovers better due to the range of motion. I get a much better burn and like to change it up just a tad from week to week on a 3 week rotation. Hits just a little diff.

Ex flying into town tomorrow with his new girlfriend to pick up my jeep (lost it in divorce) and see the girls. I hope it all goes well for the girls sake!

Off to go work by the poolside and then back to the new house for some cleaning and dry walling. The person who was there had a ton of cats. I could barely hold my head up that eve and the following day from all the dander that must have been stirred up while cleaning. My allergies are tearing me up! Hate taking the allergy meds since they knock me right out, which kinda defeats the purpose of taking them to go actually do work in the house, lol Getting a shampooer in there, but I imagine everything will have to be ripped up. Guess whats under the carpet? Cherry wood floors, which are under a sub floor with horrid carpet or linoleum on top....... I might ask, who the freak does that???? That is insane to hide that floor!

Met two more neighbors, they are all so sweet! Everyone is offering assistance, they are so happy to see someone in the house who is going to take care of it and the yard. Landscaper is coming in to haul away the dead trees and pull up this horrible little wire rolled rusted fence, cut down weeds and plant some native bushes. two apple trees and a pear tree, what kind I don't know, I know virtually nothing about plants except that I'm apparently really good at killing them

Next week will be even more fun! Ripping out the cabinets upstairs (which will be a bar & gaming room) and installing them in the kitchen downstairs. The one's down stairs are shot... very old, cracked and dark colored anyway. I like the really light cabinets, especially if I can get the cherry floor refinished.

Tried turning the jacuzzi over into the hole on the deck (it's upside down), just to get it out of the way. No luck, that sucker is heavy as all get out. I didn't even budge it. It may as well have been a building. So may have to bother some of the neighbors there.....of course afraid of what might be under it now, lol

• 2 weeks later...

Received a casting call for a new tv series, they are looking for a fitness model. Not sure how they found me exactly, but the producers have asked me to come in on Wednesday afternoon for a meeting. I am "off comp" and generally get a 2 week lead in. I'm sitting at 119, so some serious cardio and food adjustments will need to be made for me to appear at the meeting in good shape. Good news is I look fine in person. But I also know they look for how I am going to come off on camera, so will def. let them know I come in leaner for work.

On the other hand.... they may throw me the concept and I hate it, or they don't like me, etc, etc. We shall see I suppose!

I have a little more information (very little), but will know more after the meeting of course. They are launch 2 new shows for a Men's station (reg men's station .... sports, action shows, etc) and were looking at me for 1, but when the other show came up, they are now looking at me for both. I was told they wanted to meet me since I fit their criteria for what they pictured for the show. A female fitness model with sex appeal. Given the male market, I know from past experience, it's generally the only work I get....so def fits my profile so to speak (I don't see it when I look in the mirror .... still floors me). When ever they tried to put me in resort or women's, no matter how wholesome they tried to make me look, the photos came out much diff and was told on several occasions "I exude too much sex" for that particular market. So I guess rule #1, know your market.

The only market I have done well in that catered more towards women was the Personal Training, instead of instantly not liking me by the way I look, they would say "I wanna look like her" and that's how I have gotten many of my female clientele. Once my clients get to meet me, word of mouth is a wonderful thing

Anyway, would love to have the exposure. With my main goal being to help others achieve their fitness goals .... and I really love doing it. Exposure keeps me doing what I love

I lost my MP3 charging cord during the move and I guess I have finally given up trying to find it. The only thing I can think, is it was inadvertently thrown out or is in one of my boxes in storage. So need to run and get a charger, cardio without music is terrible! Have not been doing cardio so hasn't been an issue. But now that I have too I'll go insane without it!

Flattening out (oh joy!) so cardio AM and PM, abs AM and PM, weights this afternoon, sauna and maybe a swim. No more bread, rice etc, no more mock meats or products with high sodium, no nuts or butters, etc (all those make me bloat and retain water). Best get to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Meeting went very well. Seems to be a go.... it's all me, so if I get the viewership, I stay. Standard tv I suppose

On the other end, just going, going, going. Did a modeling appearance over the weekend. Was one of the Dream Girls for the Woodward Dream Cruise. Am doing another shoot next week. Had to work with a hole (literally) in my back through the day in 5" high boots and a "racer" outfit (so freaking cute! ) But I paid dearly for it the next day. No had a clue as "I'm on" when I work. I tell you about it later...... gotta jet again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, as you know, I just moved to a new state, and just as of Friday before last moved into a new house.

Training, competing and now so very busy professionally. New online company for personal training, nutrition, & supplements. My modeling work, shoots and live appearances. And now my new tv series and public speaking tour. As well as writing articles, a DVD in the making and a book in process (publisher already picked it up.... I just need a spare second to finish it!)

Oh and my children and now two additional .... whew that's a lot!

However, believe it or not, it is actually starting to slow down a little bit and I am getting more into a routine. *knocks on wood* So you'll see me around quite a bit more. Whether you like it or not! hehe

Light training this week. The biggest issue is getting my training equipment put back together and of course all the directions are long gone!

Monday:

DB Shoulder Press wu -10-8-6-6-4

Side Lats wm 30 each side

Skull Crushers wu-10-8-6-6-4

Tricep Kick Backs (I know, I know.... but no tower yet) wu-10-8-6-6-4 each side

Abs 4 sets crunched to failure each with 30 sec rest between sets.

Tuesday: Had parent teachers meeting and heavy schedule so only chest

incline DB wu -10-8-6-6-4

Incline bench press wu 10-8-6-6-4

Want to do cardio but only have a stepper. It is burning the heck out of my legs which is not a good thing in my case as I only want increase heart rate during cardio, so had to stop. Will work on locating a treadmill.

Today:

Working on getting the rest of my equipment up. It looks like one insane puzzle to me. The plexiglass on my tower did not survive the move So not particularly happy about that!

Great to have you back more Denise

How do you like it where you live? Where did you move to?

Also why does the stepper hurts your legs?

I haven't found a place I did not like I moved to SE Michigan. The biggest factor is adjusting to the weather. Summer was fine, but there was not one night that I could have gone out on the deck in just a bikini. Far from what it was like in Ocean City (beach resort). It was simply too cold to do so. Although the people who were born and raised here were just fine! lol I got a chill two days ago I can not shake and spend a few hours covered in several quilts huddled in a corner just trying to get warm. Kinda worries me a bit about winter approaching

The stepper burns the top of my legs, fine for most people, but as a competitor I need muscle and my legs are a hard build. I push weight with them and try to lay off of them pretty much after that.

Yes, how are you settling in to your new state? How are your kids adjusting to a new school?

Settling in pretty well. Mostly staying busy with so many projects!!!! But have been asked to teach at several of the gyms, with my schedule will probably narrow that down to a couple of them with the largest member participation.... I want full classes or it's not worth my time

I only have one in school, my youngest. She loves it! She has made many new friends and it looks as if the entire year is a complete review for her (she was homeschooled before and is quite a bit ahead). This is a good thing I think as all the good grades help keep her confidence. It's a blue ribbon school district, I met the teachers and really like them. They teach more "old school" style with drills and repetition, the same as I have always taught her, so def her learning style.

Shameless bragging time:

She has already started her school year with essays on AR and veganism, lol And did quite well. And the kids have totally embraced her. Sometimes kids can be more open minded then adults I suppose!

My AR Baby (and tree hugger):

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/katie2.jpg

The next eldest is homeschooled and we have found a couple of groups in the area for field trips, networking etc and Detroit News just did a big article on it.

She also enrolled in a Hip Hop dance class. Unlike other kids, she is so used to jumping in and not caring what others thing, she is tearing up the dance floor.... let me tell you, unlike her mother, this kid can dance! She and the only boy in the class were really tearing it up and the teacher had to keep holding them back as the ballet dancer click whom was also in the class could not do the snap snap spin drop spin stop on head, and had trouble with keeping the really sharp rhythm necessary for that type of dancing. Perhaps it will come with time. But with Savannah's gymnastics, cheerleading (drill squad) and Irish Step Dancing, rhythm she has.

Also a model and very much into fitness.... future figure gal?:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/vanna.jpg

My eldest daughter, in drivers ed as we speak (stay off the sidewalks, hehe) is in college at 16. She is taking photography and journalism.

Taking the world by storm with her "I don't care what others think" attitude. Future Journalist:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/sam.jpg

My son stayed in Maryland, also in college (IT classes) and in a rock band (bass player and singer for a grind core/screamo band) who is steadily booking more and more gigs, so he is quite happy being able to do what he loves.

Writes his own music, making his own path .... and loves his Mommy (never forgets to call)! hehe

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/dan.jpg

My new additions:

Very loving children, smart, gorgeous and caring. And yes, in my home they are veg. Funny thing is, they are starting to make the same choice outside my home!

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/lauren.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/anth.jpg

lol, thanks! He turned 18 today Total Wow moment for me!

Got a nice call yesterday from California. I'll be in the December Issue of Easy Rider Magazine (a motorcycle mag) for the Fox Hunt Section.

Still don't have my tower up!!!! So kinda working around that.

New routine, my goal is to lift heavy as possible after wu and still get 6-12 reps. Once I hit 12, I bump the weight. The Aim during each session is to push out at least one more rep than the previous.

Tuesday (forgot my log, so will be able to post weight next session):

Deadlift wu - 10 to failure

BB upright row wu -8 to failure

T-Bar wu - 8 to failure

BB Bent Over Row wu -6 to failure

BB Curls wu 6 to failure

DB Shrugs wu -10 to failure

DB flys wu -8 to failure

DB Curls 10 to failure

Session went OK, once my tower is up, I want to add in a few other things. I now know which one's I want to add weight to as well.

Wed: so very, very sore!!!!!! wow! Not a bad thing mind you

20 min cardio

Thurs: still sore, but easing off

REST DAY (well still unpacking actually!)

Cardio this morning 20 min. , lost my MP3 .... it's around in one of these boxes, um somewhere!

Tanning this afternoon and then another weight session later..... this time I'll remember my log book. Still sore, lol

Food intake is good feel really, really full all the time. The higher fat plan is VERY filling!

Gotta a ton of work to do again and finish up cleaning the condo so I can turn the keys in.... one less thing! Have spent way to much time looking for a lost image I was going to use for my e-letter. Now I'll have to find another one or have my daughter take one similar for me. It was a message I was trying to portray to my client base. I'll keep trying to remember where it is, but may put her on my vision for the weekend. She has gotten heavy into photography and journalism

The mag gave me a check list, lol

If I get pregnant, sick, fat, scarred, etc.... I'm out. So far so good!

Had a wonderful weekend, and the weather was fabulous!

Stayed busy with work and errands, moving and volunteering .... now back to the grind!

I must decide on the Oct shows. Think I will play it by ear (that's decisive, huh?)

20 min cardio. Leaving to tan now.

Weight training to come shortly. Tightening up my diet just a tad as well

Food intake is good feel really, really full all the time. The higher fat plan is VERY filling!

Since I've been taking in small increments of healthy fats at every meal for months... I can't imagine ever eating any other way! It's the best and our bodies just use it up... as I'm sure you are aware!

Keep up the great work! I do not have any idea how you accomplish all that you do.

Since I've been taking in small increments of healthy fats at every meal for months... I can't imagine ever eating any other way! It's the best and our bodies just use it up... as I'm sure you are aware!

Keep up the great work! I do not have any idea how you accomplish all that you do.

Hey girl!!!

Yes, most of my clients do really well and feel full with a small portion of fats at every meal. So for someone active 6 meals per day (some more, depending on the person) a protein and fat at every meal, and then depending on the meal and goal, I switch up my recommendations on the types of veggies. From there of course comes the fun part of adjusting everything according to how the body is responding.

Personally my fat intake is much higher currently due to some health concerns I have had and finally diagnosed by a competent physician ... and then the others finally had a "light bulb moment" and went..... "oh yeah, totally missed it". Haven't spoken much about it lately until I knew treatment via diet was working. It'll prob be a year before I'm back to 100%, but so far so good *finger crossed*

Monday:

Dumbbell Incline Bench Press wu 12 @ 12 set -6 @ 20

Dumbbell Fly wu 12 @ 12 set 6 @ 20

Incline Bench Press wu 12 @ 30 set 10 @ 50

Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press wu 12@ 12 set 8 @ 20

Military Shoulder Press wu 12 @ 30 set 8 @ 50

Felt good, actually too easy, so really need to take it up a notch next round. But now I have a base line via my log to go from.

Tuesday: 20 min cardio

Finally have my meal plan totally planned out via what is working thus far ... so kinda excited to have a "no thought" eating plan for the week

Today:

20 min cardio AM

Weight Training later this afternoon

Still up in the air on the comp, they take late registration the morning of. As of right this second, my BF% is not rapidly dropping and because of health issues I refuse to do the normal extreme calorie restrictions anymore. So I will bump the cardio a bit and either I will or won't come in on or near target. If not, I'm not too concerned, then I'll catch the next one.