advice needed!!!!!

my hair has thinned significantly since going vegan. any advice? Im looking into DEVA hair-skin-nails. It used to be too thick for a claw clipey, now I can hold my hair up in a bun with one clipey. its also weaker. What can I do? Anyone else have this problem?

Sorry I dont post much, but I really am busy here at school. I really do appreciate everyone's comments though- you all rock so much!

-Heather

Edited by dandylioness

Denton is pretty hard to remember. I've been here long enough though. I'm applying to Virginia Commonwealth for grad school. So might be in your state. Did the other post help any?

Sure mate! Move here just as I'm moving away!

Good news is you will be bulked up in no time. There is a 100% vegan chinese restaurant practically in the middle of campus with an all you can eat buffet!

my hair has thinned significantly since going vegan. any advice?

Before going vegan were you accustomed to eating a fair amount of seafood? I'm wondering if you may be deficient in Omega-3 fatty acids, particularly alpha-linolenic acid. Awhile back I posted a topic on how omega-3 rich flax seeds brought significant fullness and volume to my thinning hair. I underwent a very dramatic and welcome change within a six week period just by adding 2 tablespoons of freshly ground flax seeds to my morning cereal. Seriously try this--it is just about the cheapest remedy available for promoting thicker, faster growing hair.

Thanks MH, virginia sounds better all the time!

Don't let him fool you, last year this state tried to ban baggy pants.

I'm applying to VCU to finish up my undergrad. We'll see how that goes. I might just end up going somewhere I can commute.

Dandylioness, my friend went to Longwood, and I remember as dead as farmville was there was some little restaurant/shop by her apartment that had veg hot dogs. I was like yay for farmville.

my hair has thinned significantly since going vegan. any advice?

Before going vegan were you accustomed to eating a fair amount of seafood? I'm wondering if you may be deficient in Omega-3 fatty acids, particularly alpha-linolenic acid. Awhile back I posted a topic on how omega-3 rich flax seeds brought significant fullness and volume to my thinning hair. I underwent a very dramatic and welcome change within a six week period just by adding 2 tablespoons of freshly ground flax seeds to my morning cereal. Seriously try this--it is just about the cheapest remedy available for promoting thicker, faster growing hair.

WOW SOUNDS AMAZING! Yes I was into this whole "fish only" thing a LONG TIME before going vegetarian, due to things I read about fish in health magazines. and I have eaten seafood my whole life. except for the past couple years!!!! (vegetarian 2 yrs, vegan 6 months)

I've got ground flaxseed in my food stash, Im going to eat some RIGHT NOW!!!! bought it when i went vegan, used it about 5 times, hahaha. im seriously gonna try this, thanks.

Edited by dandylioness

Thanks MH, virginia sounds better all the time!

Don't let him fool you, last year this state tried to ban baggy pants.

I'm applying to VCU to finish up my undergrad. We'll see how that goes. I might just end up going somewhere I can commute.

Dandylioness, my friend went to Longwood, and I remember as dead as farmville was there was some little restaurant/shop by her apartment that had veg hot dogs. I was like yay for farmville.

yeah that place closed. very sad. as soon as I went veg I was like "lets go there". then i realized it had closed. aaah. but theres a new little place called P.E. Bean which has an amazing vegetarian sandwitch that I get without cheese everytime I get a paycheck. great coffee, too (SOY LATTE'S!) plus we're getting a panera! probably wont be open till i graduate though....

yeah that place closed. very sad. as soon as I went veg I was like "lets go there". then i realized it had closed. aaah. but theres a new little place called P.E. Bean which has an amazing vegetarian sandwitch that I get without cheese everytime I get a paycheck. great coffee, too (SOY LATTE'S!) plus we're getting a panera! probably wont be open till i graduate though....

Aww that sucks. Is it hard to be vegan all the way out there in farmville? I wasn't really eating when I visited my friend, I'm weird like that sometimes depending on my emotional state. We went to a store and I got some tostitos and a can of baby corn...and a bottle of tequila but thats entirely besides the point.

Yay for amazing vegan sandwiches.

hahaha yeah sometimes- like now. im out of money, and the d-hall SUCKS on the weekends. all it has for dinner is pizza, burgers and fries, a pasta bar (wattery and nasty), the salad bar (leftover brown veggies- NASTY!) and cereal. like yesterday i ate fries and old carrots. it was gross. when i have money i usually eat chinese, taco bell, or subway. i REALLY wish we had a health food store here- but no. Me and my friends love to cook on weekends too (again- need money though). we love to make spachetti with garlic and fresh bell peppers and onions! my friend danny loves to make bread in his bread machine- and now makes all his bread vegan for me- he says he likes it better that way, too! or we'll cook portabella burgers- can you tell i am hungry? i just cant wait to go home after exams and eat real delicious vegan food.............