Ok here is my surgery posts

zinzen

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I pulled off 53 minutes of cardio tonight and thats it,

We went to The Rainforest, a big building that is set up like a rainforest at the cleveland zoo, it was fun.

Cleveland Zoo is one of the top zoos in the country doing conservation projects here and around the world to help preserve plants and animals.

They also reintroduce endangerd wildlife back to their ecosystems, so I love going there and hearing about the new things getting done the world over.

But today when we went the wife and I were hungry so we went to get food and I got real salty over the fact that these people were serving animal to zoo goers.

How can you be serious about this animal procective message while serving chicken and cow.

So my wife suggested that I send a letter asking them to start to serve vegan and vegetarian options, not just this, cause that aint going to happen, but some to show more practice what you preach type thing

Any suggestions of things that should be in this letter would certaintly be appreciated

Your thoughts are probably going to fall on deaf ears, as chickens and cow aren't on the endangered. But I'd say go ahead and plant your seeds. You never know what can grow from well planted words.

If they cant hear me I will bust up in there and shove some sign languge in thier faces.

This needs to be adressed. Its not just the animal issuem the rainforests of this world are on the endangered list, a good percentage is because of the food they are serving.

But I dont want to turn my surgery posting into this, I think I may post a seperate thing for help with this matter.

Thank you very much vegan joe, not only for your responce but for all your posts and for taking the time in reading all my complaining

Yeah I think it is a good idea and can do no harm if you write the letter.

Dear sir/madam

My wife and I visited Cleveland Zoo recently, and had a great time. However, we were surprised to see meat and other animal products on the menu in the restaurant. We feel that it sends a mixed message. If you are trying to promote respect for animals, and work hard towards saving them, it seems counter-productive to also serve them as food. I would suggest not serving anything which has animal products in it, since this will give the message that animals should be respected / protected, rather than killed. As it is, I think people can easily get the wrong message, that animals are just for our entertainment / consumption if you continue to serve them as food.

Yours faithfully

THE ZIN MAN

PS I will break your legs

Dear sir/madam

My wife and I visited Cleveland Zoo recently, and had a great time. However, we were surprised to see meat and other animal products on the menu in the restaurant. We feel that it sends a mixed message. If you are trying to promote respect for animals, and work hard towards saving them, it seems counter-productive to also serve them as food. I would suggest not serving anything which has animal products in it, since this will give the message that animals should be respected / protected, rather than killed. As it is, I think people can easily get the wrong message, that animals are just for our entertainment / consumption if you continue to serve them as food.

Wow man this is really a great start, thank you very uch. Hopefully we will see a wee bit of change.

P.S. You rule

Ok so I had an awesome leg day today, did hack squats with a machine for 200lbs*10

and a standing leg press for glutes and hams @200*10 also

Did seated calf raises for only about 110*10 because I didnt want to get someones help pulling the weights off.

Then I did leg curls at 140*10

And leg extensions at 170*10

I also did something else I know it, but I cant remember it at all.

Less nauseated today when I woke up, always a great sign.

And I will be hitting the gym back up around 6 for an attempt at one hour of cardio.

I also did 20 min on an eliptical

Went back and pulled of 50 minutes of cardio.... BORING.

Thats about that, still living off of pain killers.

I just keep updating this to keep it in the active posts, always hoping someone will comment something that will help me through this. Ehh what can I say, I love the ego boosts

Did another 50 minutes of cardio and rocked my back a bit with extensions.

My dude at the gym helped me figure out how to work abs proper with only 1 arm so thats cool.

I am starting to feel better, and I seriously got my intensity back tonight, this is turning out a lot better then I had hoped.

I was real scared for a while there.

I donated my old leather bookbag from highschool today and bought my first real gym bag. A blue adidas bag, I chose it cause it was only 19.95.

Thanks again to those who read this

Today I was mad sick to my stomach because of darvocets, but I still rocked it in the gym.

Crazy leg day, and I was real lucky that this dude helped me take all my weights off the leg press machine. I used 250lbs all in 25 lbs plates, and only having one arm that takes a long time to get the weight off, he really helpedme out.

My wife went with me today too, she did 50 minutes of cardio, so thats cool.

But not eating well for 3 days is taking its toll, hopefully tomorrow will be better

Sorry to hear that it has been so painful recovering, but keep your chin up and in time, you'll be back feeling much better.

In the meantime, if you're looking for anything for training legs without worrying about a bum shoulder (and, if you happen to have a few bucks lying around), here is something that can make training a bit more fun:

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1220

You can either use it with a bar, or, get one of their loading pins and use that as well (having the weight on a pin underneath you). I'd considered one of these when I was suffering from a stint of lower back and shoulder pain to where regular squatting wasn't in the cards for a while, thought it might be worth taking a look at if you're trying to find ways to get stronger without letting your shoulder stop you.

Best of luck with the recovery!

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/images/1220-08-f.JPG

Say, Veeg. are those bungee cords holding that Oly Bar?

They sell some straps w/ carabiners for attaching to the bar. I forgot about the fact that there's a little more added expense to the setup, but definitely something I've always wanted to get. Something about being able to squat and not ever worry about being pinned under the bar is pretty appealing, not to mention that it's supposed to be good for the lower back for decompression, too But, in Zinzen's case, it means squatting without worrying about holding a bar on the shoulders, which could be a nice change of pace.

It would rule but I am broke as shit, we have awesome squat like machines at the gym, they work but it still does put pressure on my shoulders.

I cant really squat anyways because the way they tighten the shoulder makes it unable to really wrap around the bar to hold it on my traps, lame.

Well today I pulled off some great ab work with resistance, and I did about 45 min on the elipticle, plus some keep up work on my right arm, but damn does my shoulder hurt like a mother.

I am thinking that swithching to tylenol 3 might have been a bad plan, so I am waiting on a phone call from my doc to see whats up.

Sharp ass pain in my deltoid, but from what I can tell its also directly on my greater tubercle.

It is the the insertion of supra and infraspinatus muscles, but I havnt done anything at all that would piss these muscles off, ehh, I dont know but it kills.

Ok well I woke up today about a thousand times because I had horrid pain in my shoulder. All I did last night was lay there with a ice pack on my shoulder, dont really know what is causing this, but today I took darvocets instead of T3's and I do feel a bit better, just more drugged.

Hammered out a great leg day, only problem is the machines that rest on my shoulder, you know, most of them. Hard time using those.

Did leg presses at 230*10, seated calf raies at 135*10 because I was not wanting to make someone pull off to much weight after me, lord knows I wasnt taking it off, and screw it its my birthday.

I did leg curls at 140*10

And a few other various things that were about the same as all the above exercises just different variations.

You know if I found a genie one of my wishes would be to be able to spell, probebly not but you get my drift, I cant freaking spell.

Well off to the birthday dinner at my moms.

Peace out

Another morning of hell. My wife turned the air conditioning in the room on last night and it was like the damn north pole, well before global warming.

So I woke up freezing, in pain and all stuffed up.

I was about to go to the gym but I am waiting to see if this doc will call me back so I can get a different painkiller.

I will be for sure going to the gym around 8 though, just a big cardio day.

Once again I am very happy for all of you reading this, and I know that this has really helped me keep my head up.

So the doc switched my meds again, back to percocets and wow am I drugged.

It blows, I got so used to being hyper as hell over the past year of training, now I can hardly type.

My wife is working tonight so I am to be alone, lame.

I am going to the gym for an hour of cardio around 8, and I know at some point of time I will be on the chat room if anyones talking.

Itll be 9 pmish Ohio time, eastern time.

Maybe I will get a chance to talk to you guys

Well I just did 45 min of cardio, I can breathe a bit better today but everytime I blow my nose all that comes out is bloody snot.

I bet you as a reader really wanted to read that huh, hope you wernt eating.

I am about to go check out this 24 hour gym, this way if I can get a free month there to check it out I wont be so bored on the weekend when my wife works nights.

Having no friends blows!

Well I checked out this 24hour gym today....LAME.

They didnt even have lockers, seriously lockers, they have tanning rooms, but no lockers?

Needless to say I wont be going here.

Got a great leg workout though.

I would totally go to the gym tonight, but Heros is on tonight, so thats what I will be doing.

Finally eating my normal calories again, took long enough.