Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: My Training Journal - the one I'm going to stick with!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 pm 
Rabbit

Yes today I ate well. Bought some more protein powder, this time hemp. Plus Udo's oil with DHA/EPA.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:56 am 
Rabbit

Eating has been good last couple days, lots of veggies. Today fries and a pop. but the rest was ok.

HOWEVER, I don't know how I let this happen, I thought i did what was a LIGHT legs workout on friday, but I must have become extremely unfit cause I was and still am in HUGE pain, my calves, hams, glutes, I could cry, everytime I move after sitting for a few minutes kills...I limp and hobble around, and I had no time to rest, it was a survey day Saturday and Sunday I had to lead an outdoors trip for my club, SOO PAINFUL, after you move a bit the pain lessens but gosh, I thought I was being wimpy during the workout. Plus the same day I rockclimbed a couple hours and had some soreness in my upper body but not nearly as bad. I don't think I will recover for a few more days yet.

As for food I made a delicious kale/chickpea curry, blending onions and frying them in a bit of oil til brownish makes them sweet and yummy. And yesterday had my yummy black bean burrito with avocado and salsa and lots of veggies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:52 am 
Elephant

I can relate... Especially Hams and Glutes... when I've laid off for a month or two and then try to give and "intermediate" effort... I feel the pain for a week or more!

I feel the Xtend helps with soreness and muscle recovery alot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:20 pm 
Rabbit

My workout from last Friday. Again I didn't bring my workout plan with me so I made it up.

Walking Lunges
18 steps with 15lbs in each hand X 3

V Squat
90lbs X 10 X 2
70lbs X 10 X 1 going a bit lower

Squats
30lbs x 12 X 4

Deadlifts
20lbs each hand X 15 X 3

Standing Calves
50lbs X 12 X 3

Abs
40 crunches, abs were too tired to do more or i was too lazy to push myself, i don't know i can't tell

I'm still sore! I wonder what did me in.

Eating has been ok. This week I'll try to plan my day in advance and prepare all foods ahead of time and bring it along with me. This weekend I might meet veganmomma in Philly!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:24 pm 
Rabbit

I'll be meeting up with veganmomma in a couple hours, I'm in Philly now, going to a veg restaurant. Trying to decide if I should nap now or not, got here 2:15am and chatted with the cousin I'm visiting til 4am or so. I'll update my journal while I decide. Eating too much cake but I did have a spinach banana smoothie and had yummy sushi in the market here. Thursday night cardio: started my SRT training, climbed 1350' (675' x 2) in 34:43/31:15minutes. About four years ago I timed myself on a 400' drop and did it in 28 minutes, so I'm definitely in better shape. It can only get better and I'm looking forward to the day it doesn't suck so much. My goal: 1) two practices a week. 2) 2700' with 40lb pack in under 2hours by February.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:33 pm 
Elephant

Its great when you can tell you're progressing from past fitness levels. Have fun tonight when you do your meetup. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:44 pm 
Gorilla

Andreafrancis wrote:
I'll be meeting up with veganmomma in a couple hours, I'm in Philly now, going to a veg restaurant. Trying to decide if I should nap now or not, got here 2:15am and chatted with the cousin I'm visiting til 4am or so. I'll update my journal while I decide. Eating too much cake but I did have a spinach banana smoothie and had yummy sushi in the market here. Thursday night cardio: started my SRT training, climbed 1350' (675' x 2) in 34:43/31:15minutes. About four years ago I timed myself on a 400' drop and did it in 28 minutes, so I'm definitely in better shape. It can only get better and I'm looking forward to the day it doesn't suck so much. My goal: 1) two practices a week. 2) 2700' with 40lb pack in under 2hours by February.
I had a great time and I look forward to meeting you again. :D I'm glad you enjoyed the Vegan General Tso's Chicken and Vegan Buddhist Shark Fin Soup. Yum-yum! :popcorn:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:57 pm 
Rabbit

hsorlando wrote:
Its great when you can tell you're progressing from past fitness levels. Have fun tonight when you do your meetup. :)
it's awesome! thanks!

today same distance but my first climb was awesome 25minutes and change. I used a lot of energy and my second time slowed to 31:15min.

Next week I'll do three rounds for a total of 1950'.

Washington DC this weekend!