raw calories

Hero

okay so I've been wanting to eat more raw, but I always find myself getting a majority of my calories from pre-made/processed foods or foods I have to heat up (bagels, soymilk, spaghetti, soydogs, etc.).

I'd like to get at least 2,000 calories a day from raw foods. and for protein I am gonna supplement with soy isolate powder. nuts are kinda expensive for me right now...

so...

what are some raw foods that are high in calories?

also how many calories are in a banana?

I don't know why I'm writing this on the forum when you're in the living room right now but,

use my food scale for calories. Look up banana in the fruit section, put the banana on the scale, punch in the code, and it will tell you how many calories are in it. It's more accurate than just "a large banana has 120 cal" or whatever. Pretty much everything you'd eat is in the little book. All veggies, fruits, etc....pretty helpful. Tells you carbs, fat, protien, fiber, etc too.

"I don't know why I'm writing this on the forum when you're in the living room right now but, "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm not done.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok done.

Beautiful.

Meanwhile toph try avocados and nuts maybe? Or look up on a list it'll have good info.

avocados are superb. my friend oak (raw foodie over on VF) makes a mean avocado, coconut and banana smoothie. i dont think that anything in the world has more calories!!

nuts are a great source of cals too. eating 200g of mixed nuts will give you 1200cal.

jonathan

avocados are way more expensive than nuts. If nothing else topher, I'd eat just some peanuts and sunflower seeds. That's as cheap as it gets and it's bad for your health to not get some fat. Also remember before when you ate a bunch of soy protein shakes you started feeling bad.

use my food scale for calories. Look up banana in the fruit section, put the banana on the scale, punch in the code, and it will tell you how many calories are in it. It's more accurate than just "a large banana has 120 cal" or whatever. Pretty much everything you'd eat is in the little book. All veggies, fruits, etc....pretty helpful. Tells you carbs, fat, protien, fiber, etc too.

Hey, I want to use this too!

Can I look sometime?

-Robbie 2 Hottie

Hey, I want to use this too!

Can I look sometime?

-Robbie 2 Hottie

No. No, absolutely not Robert. It's strictly reserved myself, and now Topher.

It's sitting on the counter next to the canisters. Of course you can use it silly.

As far as food scales go, mine is really quite fabulous. I definitely recommend it for anyone trying to keep track of nutrients of unlabeled foods. It was a Christmas gift from my parents last year, yay for Mom and Dad

I fully agree. I got a bag of raw peanuts (1 lb) for 2$, since I've gone more raw, and given up peanut butter (though I intend on soaking & blenderizing some raw peanuts and making my own) and other stuff like that, but raw peanuts are really good, and raw sunflower seeds are cheap too, last time I bought them they were 1$ a pound.

Good luck going more raw though,

Ed

Hey, i just read a post where you wanted to eat FOUR thousand cals a day. What's going on?

okay so I've been wanting to eat more raw, but I always find myself getting a majority of my calories from pre-made/processed foods or foods I have to heat up (bagels, soymilk, spaghetti, soydogs, etc.).

I'd like to get at least 2,000 calories a day from raw foods. and for protein I am gonna supplement with soy isolate powder. nuts are kinda expensive for me right now...

so...

what are some raw foods that are high in calories?

also how many calories are in a banana?