Vegetarian LION!! AMAZING story that will make you smile

compassionategirl

http://www.t4vs.com/page.aspx?left_tab=22

This is a story - TRUE, awe-inspiring story -- of a lioness who refused to eat meat and wanted only vegetarian food, despite the fact that her species was 'naturally' a carnivore!! She also cared for other animals, and took them under her 'paw' so to speak, including lambs, etc.

This naturally carnivorous animal, named Tyke, puts human omnis to utter shame. If I wasnt vegan yet, this story would inspire me to go vegan.

And, to the Christians on the board, recall the passage in Bible about the lion lying down with the lamb in a peaceable kingdom? I was shocked when I read this true story because it was like that Biblical vision coming true! And there is even a picture of the Lion lying down with the lamb, just like in the Biblical vision

if Tyke can do it, surely humans can.

I havent read anything that has warmed my heart like this in a long, long time. Thank-you David for bringing this story to my attention.

I hope you all are moved and humbled by this as much as I was. And enjoy the pictures of this vegetarian Lioness.

Be warned though that Little Tyke passed away of pneumonia. So dont get too attached to him and his amazing, happy story!

For real Aaron.

Little Tyke, the vegetarian BY CHOICE Lioness, sheds a whole new light on the phrase "obligate carnivore." and really blows holes into the "laws of nature"

his story is nothing short of damn magical. How privileged these people were to get to spend their lives with a rescued, vegetarian lion.

Just goes to show you my carnivorous little lions (i.e. kitties) are baaaaaaadddddd baaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddddddddddd kitties (but I love them to bits unconditionally, now and always ).

hey Ash,

I know you know that I know what the difference between a lion and lioness is.

i refer in my post to a "lioness" and then also a "lion" and then use pronouns "he" and "she" because in the original article they do so as well, so it isnt clear from the original article whether Tyke was actually a lion (male) OR a lioness (female). Unless I didnt read it carefully enough?

AT any rate, lion or lioness, Tyke was damn amazing -- more evolved and compassionate then most human omnis. I wish I could have met him/her. His story moved and amazed me beyond words can express. I just wish his story had garnered more media attention. I, for one, had never heard of the lion/lioness ? until recently.

Oh my goodness... of course she is a she. I concentrted on the words and not enough on the pics of her -- a lion has that big main happening, whereas a lioness doesnt. Right? Oops. I was focussing too much on the story of the animal and didnt really care about the sex of the animal, to be honest.

But yes, from the pic, if the above is correct, then Tyke is indeed a lioness.

Edited by compassionategirl