Greetz

Rain Forrest

I've been surfin' this site and the boards for the past month or so now and wanted to say hello to everyone. And also, thanks for all the great information and inspiration...

My name's David Forrest, I'm from Portland, Oregon, currently going to school at Occidental College in LA, California.

I've been a longtime vegetarian, off-and-on vegan for the past couple of years. But now I'm deciding to stick with it, thanks greatly to a lot of the success and motivation I have found here.

Always been built pretty small at 5'9", 125 lbs, but have been trying to get bigger...people told me I wasn't getting enough protein. I had been turning to protein bars that contained cow mucus and other crap, just to get the protein, but here I am realizing I don't need to do that. Been eating clean and vegan recently, feel great physically and like I am doing the right thing, and also making some progress in my physique, however slowly.

Thanks for the motivation and inspiration, and I'll see you all around!

Welcome David!

If you want a good protein bar, try Clif Builder Bars, all vegan and 20 grams of protein per bar. I also like Nutribiotic Rice Protein for a good vegan protein boost. Really though, you can just eat a lot and get the same. I don't have any trouble gaining, put on 40 pounds this year.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Welcome David!

Thanks for saying hi and joining in on the coversations. I'm glad to hear you are finding some information and inspiration. We love to provide both!

Great to have you on Board.

How do you like L.A. compared to Portland? I love Portland but have been thinking a bit about the L.A. area. My friend is over there right now for a month and loves it!

Take care,

Rob

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I miss Portland a lot. I don't get into the heart of the city much here in LA, but when I do I'm not terribly impressed. The weather is good here, but there's also a lot of smog. I don't think LA is a really good place to live unless school or work brings you here.