This is really fun

Friday (yesterday)

I got to the gym, turned off the car, and fell asleep for 20 minutes with a coffee in my cup holder. Woke up, did the usual 50 mins of cardio fast, the treadmill went 1min walk, 4 run, 1 min walk, 4 run. I'm pretty happy I could do that again! Lifting seemed really difficult. It was a deltoid day.

Food:

2 tsp miso, coffee, splash of soy

4 baby cukes

2 sticks of celery

1 zucchini, 1 tomato, 1 veg sausage

coffee, splash of soy

WORKOUT

1 cup of collards and a veg burger

1 tsp ground flax

5 rice cakes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today:

Treadmill running was 1, 4, 1, 4 again YAY! The rest of cardio was pretty good. Lifting with M was really fun.

Food:

Big coffee with a splash of soy

WORKOUT

a bowl of stewed collards, spinach, green beans and tomatoes

protein shake with 1 tsp extra flax

2 sticks of celery

3 rice cakes

NAP mmmmmmmm

1 veg burger with mixed veggies

1 rice cake

Treadmill today was victory 8 mins straight of running. Yay yay yay yay I'm doing it! The regular cardio was amazingly easy, but lifting was very difficult (deltoids.) I think i might be headed for a huge switch up of the routine. Did I mention I ran for 8 straight minutes? 5.6 speed, down from 5.8. I'm not going to try to duplicate it this work week unless I'm really feeling it.

I got a massage today, and he seemed surprised at how tight my quads are. They're pretty flexible, yet knotted up, especially on my injured leg. I need to hold my stretches much longer. And I ran 8 straight minutes today!

Food:

Big coffee with soy

WORKOUT

1 veg sausage, 2 baby cukes, 1 tomato

MASSAGE

much water

2 sticks of celery, 3 rice cakes

1 veg burger, mixed veggies, 1 tsp ground flax

Either the air here was really bad today or I'm getting sick. Cardio was ok, but running 4 minute intervals was so hard! My lungs were killing me all day, I think that's what was up. But also lifting was pretty hard. I'm gonna hit the sack in a sec,

Food:

6am 2 tps miso

8am coffee with soy

9:30am1 cucumber

11:30 am 1/2 green pepper

12:30pm 1 zucchini, tomato, and a veg sausage

1 pm 2 rice cakes

4pm 10 baby carrots

5pm coffee with soy

WORKOUT

8:30pm a bowl of green beans, veg burger, 1 tsp flax

9pm 3 rice cakes

10pm lettuce with lemon and 1 tsp flax

A day like yesterday usually adds up to be 600-800 calories. I haven't had a good carb day in a while, I'll wait till the weekend.

No gym today, my lungs still hurt but I'm beginning to think it's partly structural from the massage I got the other day. The bike ride was so fun today. I need to make it a priority to ride more.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, spalsh of soy

1 cuke

1/2 green pepper

1 tomato, 1 zucchini, 1 veg sausage

3 rice cakes

10 baby carrots

a bowl of spinach and a veg burger

1 tsp flax

I think I'm fighting something off. I got to the gym today, after drinking my usual coffee. I got on the eliptical and did my usual warm up, which wasnt easy for the first time all week. Then my heart started pounding so hard, and it felt like it was going irregularly too. The machine said my heart rate was in the 220s. So I went for a total of only 11 minutes, then I went to lift. My heart was still feeling jumpy. I finished lifting and I wanted more. So i walked on the treadmill only at 3 mph, for an hour. My heart rate stayed between 103 and 123. It felt calmer and more steady, but still not quite right. In the last 10 minutes I did a few 1 minute intervals of running, just to see what happened. The first 2 went ok, hr topped out in an acceptable range. The third interval, my hr went up to the 220s again. I walked it off, stopped, and spent some time stretching.

Maybe I got some bad coffee?

Maybe whatever I'm fighting is doing this?

Maybe that massage Sunday did weird things to my system? (detox, or structural - I was so headachey last night and today, or some misplaced accupressure?)

Maybe I'm a hypochondriac?

I got 6 hours of sleep last night, kind of usual.

I ate the normal meal plan.

No gym tomorrow anyways because of my work schedule. I'll try again Friday after work and see what happens. I'm afraid that I'll subconsciously use this as an excuse to not stick to my cardio. The way around that would to go to the doctor and get a green light to cardio hard, but I really don't want to go to a fricken cardiologist.

Food today:

2 tsp miso

coffee, splash of soy

1 cucumber

1 cup of jicama

3 rice cakes

10 baby carrots

coffee

WORKOUT

bowl of broccoli, veg burger, 1 tsp ground flax

lettuce, lemon, 1 tsp ground flax

edit: just for record keeping - I took a hard fall today at work, maybe that has something to do with today.

Yesterday:

Cardio went fast and my heart rate never topped over 145, and that was challenging myself. So - I must have been fighting a bug or something. People at work have been dropping like flies from it. So I guess I should consider myself lucky! Treadmill went 1 min walk, 7 mins run, 1 min walk, 2 mins run. I could have gone longer in the first interval but I wanted to check my heart and take it easy.

Food:

The usual

Except I accidentally popped a few raspberries in my mouth. They were yummy, but not something that my mouth told my body to keep eating because there's something in them I need.

Yesterday (Saturday)

Cardio was relatively unchallenging. The treadmill is improving, maybe I should look to weekends for challenging myself a little extra. I ran 9 minutes (rocked it!) and maybe an interval after that, I think I did, but I honestly can't remember!

Food:

1 tsp miso

A big coffee with a little soy

WORKOUT

1 veg burger, 4 tomatoes, a little spinach & broccoli

2 cups of jicama

1 veg burger, a bowl of greenbeans and carrots (with sriracha, tamari, and lime, omg)

about 500 calories worth of popcorn and yeast

Went 9 mins on the treadmill again. I'm thinking I'm going to have to take in a little more fuel before running if I want to keep increasing distance, and do it after long workdays. I'm still only going to increase slowly. Baby steps is still the motto! But, yay me for doing this. Regular cardio was fun today, watching Drumline on the TV.

Food

1 tsp miso

Big coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a delicious pickle

a bowl of collard greens and a veg burger

1 tsp ground flax

veg burger, bowl of mixed veggies

about 400? calories of popcorn (no yeast )

I got to challenge myself on the eliptical more, it's getting way too easy. The machine says 350 calories after 30 minutes. Maybe I'll make the resistance stronger and see how much it hurts my quads. I wasn't really feeling a 9 min run again today on the treadmill so I went 1, 4, 1, 4 intervals. Bike only day tomorrow

Food

2 tsp miso

coffeee, splash of soy

1 cup of jicama

iced passion tea with splenda

1 zucchini, 1 tomato, veg sausage

1/2 bell pepper

10 baby carrots

coffee, splash of soy

WORKOUT

bowl of collards and artichoke hearts, veg burger

I'll eat some flax later

Tuesday:

Workout - Bike commute, my leg feels realy tweaky from it

Food - the usual, but i was craving carbs badly at night

Yesterday:

The chiropractor recomended i swim instead of run. I'm not going to swim. It's to messy logistically to swim after work, and it will be hell on my hair. I told him I'm jusy gonna keep running for a while and he showed me some helpful postures. He's a good guy. So when I did cardio after that, even though I amazed myself with how strong and fast I was, I only did a couple of 4 minute intervals when I got to the treadmill. I was feeling kind of spooked from his talk to me. I'm going to have to think about this. The eliptical isnt real challenging for me anymore, and if I increase the tension on it too much, it's not good for my bad leg.

Food

The usual

But craving carbs like a mofo at night.

Today:

12 hour work day, no workout

Food will be the usual

I need to switch more into winter foods

Cardio sucked today. Then I ran 9 mins on the treadmill, easy. I could have gone longer but my leg was bothering me a bit. It was also one of those special days, maybe that had something to do with it. All in all I guess it didn't really suck, because I reached my cardio goals with relatively no problem. So! Yay! No suckage! Wahoo!

Food:

all morning: hot water with a little miso

noonish: 4 tomatoes, 3 rice cakes, a tsp of flax (and a partridge in a pear tree)

2 coffees with a little soy

WORKOUT

dinner: subway salad topped with salt, lemon, sriricha and 2 veg burgers

then: 1/2 bowl of green beans

4 rice cakes

Woke up early, then slept late, then drank a bunch of coffee, then ran 10 straight minutes on the treadmill after 30 fasat hard minutes on the eliptical. Then I did 10more minutes of random cardio. (I was bored with the elliptical today.) My leg is a still a little sore. I'm gonna run for at least one more day, maybe two, then take a break on Tuesday. I love how running makes me feel so free.

Food:

2 tsp miso

Coffee, soy

WORKOUT

biodynamic veggies with a veg burger

1 tsp flaxmeal

random veggie munching all afternoon

1 pickle

a bowl of broccoli and nori with a veg burger

I'll probably carb it up with some popcorn and yeast in a little bit.

Hurt my leg today. Left the gym limping. I am so not happy. I'm slamming ibuprofen in hopes of bringing some of the swelling down. I did 30 mins on the elliptical today and ran 5 mins on the treadmill. I'll wear a brace all day and do the elliptical tomorrow and see how it feels. Bike on Tuesday.

Ok a couple things to switch the perspective to positive:

-I'm not going to let this make me stop.

-I ran the way the chiro showed me, I hurt myself when I wasn;t paying attention, while I was slowing down for an interval. In the future, I just have to pay better attention.

-I will swim if I have to but I really don't want to.

-I got complimented on my arms today.

Food:

2 tsp miso

Coffee, soy

WORKOUT

bowl of veggies and a vegburger

gross amount of pickles

grossly thirsty so a gross diet soda

a couple tomatoes

some gross sugarless candy

bowl of spinach, veg burger

gross amount of rice cakes

1 tsp flax

Monday workout - gym

60 mins cardio, no running, trained deltoiods, back, and abs

Tuesday workout - cycling

fun fun fun

Wednesday workout - gym

60 mins cardio, no running even though i was revving to go, trained biceps, triceps, abs

Diet:

the usual, except i ate 3 cups of popcorn tonight, and it was magically delicious (craving salt)

Thursday: no workout, worked 12 hours. Usual work week diet, added a some tomatoes and lettuce with flax seed as an afternoon snack.

Friday:

50 mins of cardio on elliptical, then 10 on the treadmill for the first time since my leg started hurting again. I walked 9 mins between 3.3 and 3.6 speed, just to play around with my leg. I ran one minute to see how it felt, I couldn't give it a week rest. It felt kind of swelly, but not too bad, not really any pain. That was on 3 ibuprophen right before the workout. I probably won't run on it today.

I was thinking, this flare up happened when I started doing back bends again. I should probably stop. That shiatsu guy suggested back bends for me to stretch out my quads, and I had already dreamt twice about backbending, so i have been, but...

This is hard for me to write.

Yesterday I was thinking about all the blocks I put in front of me to prevent myself from getting really fit, and how I've worked so hard to sweep them away. Now I think one of my challenges is going to be to learn how to combine that with taking good care of my body, not pushing too hard, and coming to terms with the fact that there might be things I can't do, even though doing them can make me feel really good, both physically and mentally (at first.)

Yesterday (Saturday)

60 mins on the elliptical/crosstrainer. I was so bored. I was planning on trying to run, but my leg hurt going up some stairs so, no. Decided I'm not gonna be adding any more weight to biceps or triceps for a while. My body likes to make muscle there! Maybe I'll just do more sets when it gets too easy.

Food

2tsp miso

big big coffee with soy

WOKOUT

tomato and a veg burger

nappa salad with slivered almonds

1/3 cup of some wild rice stuff

a salad roll with some veggies inside

a bunch of stir fried veggies

a piece of delicious vegan cake with delicious fudgy vegan frosting that gave me a headache

then I fell asleep at the table till Michelle bonked me

a little nibble of 70% chocolate

another tomato and a veg burger

I hit the treadmill today and it felt so good! Intervals of 4 and 6 minutes. I was barely out of breath, and my leg felt ok, but I didn't want t push it. Tomorrow will be a bike commute day, so I can have a little rest nd see what's up with my leg. Afterwards, when the ibuprophen wore off, there was vague pain in the general area of my knee while sitting, but nothing specific. I feel really good though! And happy!

I celebrated by buying some new boots. Vegan hotness.

Food:

2 tsp miso

a cucumber

big coffee and soy

WORKOUT

A scoop of rainbow light in some water, and a cucumber

2 veg burgers, some broccoli, and a whole big bunch of parsley

about 3-4 cups of popcorn with salt

maybe some flaxmeal in a little bit

Oooo some one is reading this. Hi! Thanks for those really helpful words, John.

Today I am ibuprofen free. I think I can go the whole day without feeling any pain.

Yesterday : bike commute day, really strong and easy.

Yesterday's food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, splash of soy

1 cup jicama

1 green pepper

some kind of hot herbal tea

10 baby carrots

a bowl of super spicy curry spinach with green & red tomatoes

a veg burger

1 tsp flax meal

I'm on my like 5th or 6th orthopedic injury since April! I started back too early a few times and lost ground. I can't wait to run again. (some day) I'm very glad I started lifting weights rather then wait around, as I've made good progress with my upper body in the last 11 weeks. Now I need to incorporate cardio some how.

You lost count? That's pretty hardcore. Do you think cardio and especially running is like heroin, in that you get addicted and want to start back again as soon as you can even if its bad for you. I think so.

I took 2 ibus before workout yesterday, which seemed like enough, but I don't know. Accidentally brought the wrong shoes to the gym, and when it came time for the treadmill they weren't very helpful. They're cute, but they're really old. It doesn't help that when I pack my stuff for the day in the morning, its kinda dark and all my gear looks pretty much the same! after the elliptical i ran 9 mins on the treadmill, which was fine cardio-wise but the toes on my strong leg went numb cuz of the old shoes. IF IT AIN'T ONE THING ITS ANOTHER. I still rock though!

Food yesterday:

2 tsp miso

coffee n soy

1 cup jicama

1 cucumber

3 rice cakes

1 zucchini 1 tomato 1 veg sausage

10 baby carrots

coffee n soy

WORKOUT

a bowl of artichoke hearts and chard, and a veg burger

3 rice cakes

a gazillion sugarfree candies, how extremely healthy of me

I'm actually proud of yesterdays workout. I didn't want to do it and I did the whole thing. I was bored and exhausted and pissed from a bad day at work. I even had to use an eliptical that was broken for ten minutes before I got a good one. (Damn I sound like such a spoiled american.) Ran 5 & 3 min intervals on the treadmill.

Food yesterday, I was so hungry:

2 tsp miso\coffee n soy

1 cup jicama

1 cucumber

1 zucchini, 1 tomato, 1 veg sausage (early)

3 red peppers

5 sticks of celery

4 rice cakes

coffee n soy

WORKOUT

bowl of broccoli and peppers with a veg burger

a cucumber and 4 tomatoes

5 rice cakes

2 tsp flax meal

Thursday: No workout, 12 hour work day, usual food with the addition of a salad with 1 tsp of ground flax.

Friday:

50 mins of good fast cardio including ten minutes of running. No ibuprofen, no pain. The running felt great. Worked on biceps, triceps, and abs.

Food

4 tsp miso

munched on red peppers, cukes, and tomatoes all day plus 1 tsp ground flax

a chestnut

coffee with soy

WORKOUT

2 veg burgers and 100 calories of mixed veggies

A huge amount of icebreakers sours candies. That has got to stop. I think I'll have one now.