Train.

Troy

Easy does it... I wanna be able to walk for the rest of the week...

Date: 9 16 2008

Start Time: 9 00 AM

End Time: 9 45 AM

Tuesday - Legs

Warmup Treadmill 10min

Exercise Reps Weight

Squats 20 @ 45

Squats 12 @ 95

Squats 12 @ 115

Squats 12 @ 135

Squats 12 @ 135

Front Lunges 16 @ -

Front Lunges 16 @ -

Front Lunges 16 @ 25s

Front Lunges 16 @ 25s

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your politically correctness made me ... yeah, Summer was shaky, I got a few workouts in here and there (I didn't log them on the site). It was difficult to get in the rhythm of going to the gym this past summer. After I experimented with the diet I lost quite a bit and with summer being so busy I kinda gave up on trying to build it back until I could devote more time. I'm back down to 176 but hopefully will build back up soon enough as I have plenty of time on my hands now. My weight is notorious for easy fluctuations and eating a plant based diet seems to make it fluctuate that much easier. I'm gonna shut up about my training for awhile as it seems that over the past 3-4 months when I start saying that I'm back at the gym something comes up to hamper the progress. Just gonna post my workouts and what not and hopefully make some progress. The numbers I threw up the last couple days were really lite, DOMS is my best buddy and he loves stoppin by to pay me a longggg visit after he hasn't seen me in awhile. I'm trying to sneak by him this first week or so....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last couple weeks have been great. Consistent with training and food. Getting stronger by the week, but not quite back to what I peaked at last year. Throwin the 90s around again which feels good. Goal is to get the 125s up for 3 before my birthday. I haven't been writing my progress as of late but I told my training partner that we need to start logging, so maybe we'll start next week...

Sure I'm not alone, when I say:

"Would be good to read what you're up to."

Up to as far as weight or just in general?

Weight: 190

Otherwise: Working 6 days a week, watching the Packers lose and llifting 4 days a week...

Monday: Chest/Front Delts/Bis

Tuesday: Hams/Quads/Glutes

Wed: Off

Thurs: Tris/Abs/Calves

Fri: Back/Rear Delts

Sat: OFF

Sun: OFF

Are you still as strict as you used to be with diet?

bringing your shakes to work in mason jars to reduce oxidation, etc. etc.. ?

The mason jars and pump-n-seal are still in full effect! ... I'll update my "Eat." log here shortly but the basics are the same. Currently, chlorella/spirulina for breakfast, 1 fruit/protein/grain smoothie, 3 leafy-green/seed/nut/grain smoothies, and a solid dinner. Divided the postworkout nutrition into pre and post now.

So I did a few sets of barbell bench today.... 1st time in like 6 years! Heres how it went down:

Dumbbells Slight Incline 70s x 15

Dumbbells Slight Incline 80s x 12

Dumbbells Slight Incline 90s x 10

Dumbbells Slight Incline 90s x 8

Dumbbells Slight Incline 100s x 6

Barbell Bench 185 x 8

Barbell Bench 225 x 3

Barbell Bench 250 x 1

Kind of freshing to step away from the dumbbells for a minute. I actually surprised myself and didn't think I was gonna get 225. Maybe I'll hit the barbell up again in another 6 years. If anyone is wondering my PR for bench in college (10 years ago) was 225x17 and 315x1, but I don't remember being able to touch the 90s or 100s for dumbbell bench... weird stuff.

Dexter Jackson needs to keep eye over his shoulder at all times, I'm sneakin up slowly but surely.

I have a few small goals. Get to a clean 200. Stay healthy, no injuries. Press out the 125 lb dbs for 3 reps. Get a stronger, more defined core. After that, I just want to maintain if possible. Sooner or later I want to reduce my calories to where I'm "comfortable" with the amount of food in my body.

I found a new passion this weekend. I have been slalom waterskiing all my life and never did anything in the winter until now. I snowboarded this weekend for the 1st time at the ripe age of 30. I caught on pretty fast and was carving down the hill in about an hour. It feels really natural and I can't wait to go again. I did however find my limit. I hadn't caught an edge all day until my final run when I was getting tired. I caught my heel edge and smack!!! I don't think I've ever landed on my back and my head that hard, knocked the wind out of me and lucky I was wearin a helmet otherwise I would be visiting a friend in the Neuro ICU, she would not have been happy to see me. Slowly got up only to catch a toe edge half after about another minute of going down the hill. IDIOT! I took the day off from lifting... lower back, shoulder, ribs, knee, neck... are all pretty sore, but I can feel its all muscular (except for the knee, which is a minor contusion) which is good. Might actually try to lift tonight. I can't wait to go snowboarding again. Thanks LnG for the advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Will I see you on stage sandwiched between me and Lean and Green as the three of us try to take down front runner Octopussoir in the spring?

Want to be part of history and make it happen? Let me know, the 3 of us are getting pumped about it! Check photos section for more details...we're hoping you'll catch the competition bug and play with us!