Ok here is my surgery posts

zinzen

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the past few therapy days have whooped my bum, bout to go right now and get streched to the point of tears all in the name of progress.

But soon damn it I will have my lovely arm back, then I shall take a new set of pics and we shall see how much strength I have lost in my upper body and how long it will take to get it back and more.

Legs are a lot stronger now then they ever have been though, but wow do leg days get old.

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a long time since I have posted here, and since I have got a lot more healed.

I am back to work and can now do 14 pushups before my shoulder gives, was doing 50 but I will get back there.

Unfortunatly the surgery left me with some extra pudge and I lost about 5 lbs of muscle, but itll all be back soon.

Once I get solid lifts I shall list a comparison, but as of now it seems that my triceps lost a bit of strength, though its hard to tell since I cant push it to the limit, and it seems my biceps are about the same.

Its been 2 months and 4 days since the surgery, I am happy with my progress though the weakness in my subscap is quite more then I thought there would be.

I will post more info and pics eventually, untill then, peace out people.

Hell yeah, me too.

I can now do incline machine presses with 20lbs, flat machine presses with 35 lbs.

preacher curls 65 lbs

Seated rows 75 lbs

Tricep Pulldowns, cant remember what weight.

Pretty much everything except Lat pulldowns, Wide grip anything, and decline anything, though I can do adduction moves so that'll work for lower pecs for now.

Now I just gotta get my ROM back.

Do you have to work through a lot of pain or is it mostly stiffness due to restrided movement while healing?

I'm amazed that you are that far along in the weight area.

By far it is both, but when it comes to the pain I take that as a warning that what I am doing may need to quickly stop.

Part of my training at this point is these horrid streches, and these involve a hell of a lot of pain.

The stiffness does not play that much into it, except like about 5 minutes ago when I woke up, since I pushed so hard the past couple days I had extreame pain and stiffness right when I got up, but it has past now.

The thing that really scares me is weakness and total loss of control in certaint planes of motion.

In this procedure they had to remove my subscapularis tendon from the humerous so this muscle gets upset at me pretty quickly, and it shows it not in pain but in just going on strike, and then my arm cant seem to return back to my side and essentially falls into further lateral rotation, further streching the subscap and well it hurts.

Plus on top of all of this the tendon of the long head of the bicep runs right through where they repaired so this gets real inflammed real quick and starts to snap around during my restricted range of motion and that doesnt feel very good, loud as hell though.

All of this is getting better, just slowly.

I am up to 15 pushups before my shoulder pain says to stop, so thats a gain of 5 in a week.

Have you looked into trgger point therapy or anything like that. I am still trying bto make head or tales of it myself and windered what your opinion on it was.

http://books.google.com/books?id=IYqqY5Ae_VoC&pg=PA129&lpg=PA129&dq=adductor+moves&source=web&ots=wOek0wCBCa&sig=E4WL88utCFrL5I0uvGg1Vdi40Ac&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result#PPR7,M1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add a quick update.

Up to 22 pushups, 50lbs one arm bench, flys still out due to subscap weakness, working on it though.

all back exercises are coming along, and I am back to arm strength except size is down.

And oh yeah, I got to fucking fat

• 2 weeks later...