tiiiti's training journal

I have a little notebook where I have wrote down any sports I've done since the end of june. That's when after five years of doing absolutely nothing I finally joined a gym

Now I decided to start a training log here too, at least that way I'd have something to write to this forum

So this is my last week:

Tuesday:

Went to a dance class (45min), and a core class (30min). Core is a class where you do all sorts of back and stomach exercises

Wednesday:

In-door cycling (30min), and after that went to the gym to do about half of my gym routine.

(just by the way: I'm not too familiar with the english strength training lingo..I had to do a lot of research so I'd no what the following things are called, and some might not be accurate..)

* lying triceps extension (8kg dumbbell) 3x12

* bicep curl (7kg+7kg dumbbells) 3x10+10

* barbell row (20kg) 3x12

* bench press (9kg+9kg dumbbells) 3x12

* barbell squat (10kg) 3x10

Thursday

DanceAerobic (1h), and after that went to the gym to do the stuff that I didn't yesterday

*barbell lunge (10kg) 3x8+8

*back extention (on a back extention bench?) 3x20

*stomack crunch 3x20

*sideways crunch 3x20+20

*side bend (with 10kg dumbbell) 3x20+20

*leg raise (?) 3x12

Friday

Core (30min) and Yoga (1h). I haven't been to yoga in a few weeks, and it really showed

Saturday

BodyCombat (1h). Brutal, but fun. And after that for reasons unknown me and my friend decided to stay for a dance class (45min). I was exhausted for the rest of the day. Too much too soon

Sunday

I was supposed to have a day of rest, but the nice fall air (and my new sneakers) seduced me, so I went for a walk with my friend (1½h)

I'm very proud, I feel like I did a lot this week. I usually don't do this much, and I am pretty tired

Please, people calm down with the commenting! I don't have time to read them all

This week of training got off to a bad start..

Monday

Body Pump (1h)

My first, and most likely last time. Didn't like it. I felt really bad about myself in there, which is something I don't usually feel. (What can I say, I'm awsome!) Well, atleast I tried it.

All the gyms I've had memberships in have different sorts of classes like power yoga, body pump, spinning etc. I've never participated once in any class so I wonder, which do you prefer, the classes or the gym workouts?

I prefer the classes (I love that there is so much variety), but I like the gym too. The best thing about the gym workout is that I can listen to my own music. I can't take in that much europop (what seems to be the prefered music in most classes..swedish gym chain ), without listening to hardcore every once in a while

SIKE! That's awesome. Gotta love hardcore vegans!

Yeah, I agree 100%

Tuesday:

Dance (45min)

I was supposed to go to a boxing class with my friend, but I didn't feel too hot today. But I had to go to the dance class for a little pick me up, after the Body Pump put me down last night. Dancing did make me feel good mentally, but physically somethings wrong

I feel like I'm going to sick. Not good. I'll just grab some juice and spend rest of the night lying down

What kind of dance class do you go to? I think dancing would help me, I am rather stiff and I stand "too upright". Not so good for boxing.

It's this more like an aerobics class with different types of dance styles.

Wednesday:

LatinoFit (1h) I went there for the first time. I figured it would be basically just a lot of hip shaking, and I turned out to be right. It was so much fun! After that I hit the gym for a little while, didn't have time to do a lot 'cos I didn't want to be late for dinner with a friend.

*bicep curl 7kg+7kg dumbbells) 3x10+10

*barbell row (20kg) 3x12

*lying triceps extension (8kg dumbbell) 3x12

*bench press (8kg+8kg dumbbells) 3x12

Thursday:

Went to the gym. Warmed up on cross trainer for 12minutes.

*barbell squat (10kg) 3x10

*back extention (on a back extention bench) 3x20

*stomack crunch 3x20

*sideways crunch 3x20+20

*side bend (with 10kg dumbbell) 3x20+20

*leg raise 3x12

After gym, went to DanceAerobic (1h). Super fun. I felt a little weak though.

I'm going to have at least 3 days off from exercising, 'cos I'm going to go visit some friends. I really need the break

It's so great to see you're doing a lot of stuff with free weights. Most of the girls just go with the machines. Well, that's why they don't get proper results.

You go girl!

Also, you GOTTA try deadlifts. The girls who come to my private gym love to deadlift. And they're getting stronger really fast!

I haven't been able to do anything this week. I don't have a fever anymore, but I'm coughing like crazy. This is the first week I haven't gone to the gym since I joined it. THIS SUCKS!!

Everyone else gets to do all sorts of cool activities, and I'm just reading about them in a jealous rage

The things you are doing and your commitment sound great! I hope you are feeling better. Low key exercises are probably best when you are recovering from a cold, since you don't want it to drag on by over-stressing yourself.

Is Body Combat done by the same people that do Body Pump. I'm surprised you don't like Body Pump, I love it! It has helped improve my strength greatly. The dance classes sound like fun! I used to do Latin Cardio, but stopped after a year and a half of going,just to change my routine a bit. But now I sometimes take Cardio Dance, which an insane but wonderful instructor teaches. There's also Hip Hop Hustle which is as fun as the name. I can't dance though, no rhythm, so I know I look wonderful, rofl.

Wednesday

Core (30min) Core is a class where you do all sorts of back and stomach exercises

and LatinoFit (1h). The latinofit class had a new choreography, and my hips and legs were very confused But I had fun

Thursday

Went to the gym. I put some Endstand and Wasted on the mp3 player, but even that didn't get me pumped up enough. Felt pretty weak, and I feel like I just half-assed everything..But there's always next time..

* bench press (8kg+8kg dumbbells) 3x12

* side bend (with 10kg dumbbell) 3x15+15

* back extention (on a back extention bench) 3x20

Monday:

Gym day. Again to getting pumped up by the power of Endstand and Wasted, and this time it worked. I felt a lot stronger than las time.

* bench press (8kg+8kg dumbbells) 3x12

* side bend (with 10kg dumbbell) 3x15+15

* back extention (on a back extention bench) 3x15

Tuesday:

Core-class (30min), Boxing-class (1h). I looove the boxing classes, theyre really tough for me, but you gotta love the endorfines.

Wednesday

Core-class (30min) and LatinoFit (1h). The dancing was fun, and I could really feel all that shaking in my mid section.

Thurday:

Resting Oh, and I noticed that my black jeans fit me without looking like I'd have huge love handles. Weird..

Friday:

Was supposed to go to yoga, but I was in bed sleeping off a migraine..

Saturday:

BodyCombat (1h). There was a visiting instructor, actually they were a married couple. And sweet mother of.. were they energetic. I've never been that beat after a combat class. It was ridiculously fun!!

Sunday:

PilatesBall (1h). Yeah.. It was my first time at that class, and most likely last time. I just basically felt like an idiot the whole time But hey, I can't like everyting