Vegan De Vil's training/weight loss log

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

hryan77
Rabbit

Re: Vegan De Vil's training/weight loss log

#16 Postby hryan77 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Same to you!!!!

VeganDeVil
Manatee

#17 Postby VeganDeVil » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:18 pm

It's been a great couple weeks, the diet has been on track and far more delicious than I realized eating 'healthfully' could be. Gym time has been great, though I gave up on 'training'. I think it just may not be for me...... my thing is cycling. Indoor cycling classes just do it for me; I've been doing them for 8 years now.

Only I've just developed what the doc says is 'Chondromalacia' in my right knee.... also known as 'runner's knee', I'm told. I've been instructed to stay far away from the gym and simply stretch once or twice a day.

I'm panicking a little just thinking about it---I really love my cycling classes. I was told I probably shouldn't even get on the Elliptical machine for a few weeks.

No use complaining, I suppose. But being active keeps me clear headed, on top of the fact that weight loss is a current goal for me.

Ugh. I'll just catch up on reading and cut my calorie intake to closer to 1200, if I can.

*pout*

VeganDeVil
Manatee

#18 Postby VeganDeVil » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:49 pm

What about yoga? Wait till the pain has gone down a bit and then take some gentler yoga classes?

I'm Your Man
Elephant

#19 Postby I'm Your Man » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:10 pm

hey great journal. I wish you good luck. You should be able to achieve your goal in no time. Just try to stay concentrated. Sometimes we become so obsessed about something we lose balance. But I guess it's all about in which period of your life you live. Sometimes it's so easy, sometimes every seems difficult. For me, sometimes it's easier to lose weight when I don't set it as a goal. I just set secondary goals: eat less, find other occupations, stay busy, work more, etc. But sometimes that doesn't work neither !

Anyway, that's awesome, you're on the right track and you're doing great !
"Do your best, don't worry, be happy" - Meher Baba

VeganDeVil
Manatee

#20 Postby VeganDeVil » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:37 pm

Oh dude, all that is so freakin' true!

You're right.... I think the key is staying on track, but focusing on other things. Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm Your Man
Elephant

#21 Postby I'm Your Man » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:25 pm

so how is it going so far with the weight loss ? you have so little left to go, keep it up

VeganDeVil
Manatee

#22 Postby VeganDeVil » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:34 pm

Slowly, but surely. Being inactive 'cause 'o my stupid knee has slowed things down. But tomorrow I'm planning on easing my way back into the weight room. I'll start with some leg machines to gauge how 'knee friendly' leg strengthening will be for me at this point. Blerg! :cry: (that's me. pouting. a good likeness, no?)

VeganDeVil
Manatee

#23 Postby VeganDeVil » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:21 pm

Down to 126, bitches! :D :D :D

Been working hard and monitoring my calories closely. AND, my knee pain has all but subsided. Working my legs has absolutely helped---and the pain only starts to creep back when my mind wanders and I'm executing bad form.... so it's a nice little reminder to keep my head in the game! (I've also been stretching my quads a few times a day--that seems to be helping quite a bit as well).

Going to Germany for 10 days tomorrow. I'm actually really worried about staying on track. It's been about 10 years, but I remember being stuck with mostly cold cuts and cheese. I'm packing a ton of clif bars, and planning on sticking to breads. I really don't want to undermine all my weight loss efforts with high calorie carbs, though. Well, we shall see!

I'm Your Man
Elephant

#24 Postby I'm Your Man » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 pm

I'm keeping an eye on your progress 8) yeah travels can cause changes in your diet, because of a different mood too, but if you keep yourself busy you won't think about food so much. But have fun trying a cat's tongue cookie or a Madeleine dipped in hot English tea for us, or their other specialities, lol.

Anyway, have fun.

VeganDeVil
Manatee

#25 Postby VeganDeVil » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:39 pm

I'm Your Man wrote:cat's tongue cookie

That gave me a terrible visual. :shock:

:D :D

I'm Your Man
Elephant

#26 Postby I'm Your Man » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:20 pm

VeganDeVil wrote:
I'm Your Man wrote:cat's tongue cookie

That gave me a terrible visual. :shock:

:D :D
ahaha, yeah whatever it's called in English, anyway it's not even vegan cookies (but there's no real cat tongues, just the shape) :)

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”