tuc's training and eating topic (back in business!)

@ ralst, thanks! I'm really happy to finally get some weight on squats. My legs also start to look a bit bigger -> I can't wait to deep squats 100kg for reps!

Right on, dude

@ xjohanx, swedish pretty boy, when I look at big ass bbuilder vids they always do lateral raises. Lots of them. Cleans are mostly technique and are hardcore and I'm quite disco myself. ...no really. I don't do cleans because I don't have bumper plates. I train at home, remember!

I'm not xjohanx, but... overhead presses (not the cleans so much) are going to make your shoulders stronger and bigger than lateral raises will, IMO. Tho no reason you can't do both, and it looks like you already do But from what I've read in your log, the overhead pressing is behind the neck and with a curl bar. What's your reasoning for doing them that way?

Btw, what's oat cream taste like? Your noodle bowl recipe sounds good nutritionally (ie, lots of protein and calories ) but I can't quite picture the taste.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ xjohanx, I think I'll try them in my next session. That looks quite fun.

@ ralst, I do overhead pressing behind the neck because I want to keep my posture good. I use a curl bar because that is the one that has just the right weights and I'm lazy to take the plates on and off.

Wed 1st October

1h 45min bboying

Thu 2nd October

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 1 @ 92 kg (very easy), f @ 100kg ( ), 5 @ 82kg -> realized that it is a very s**tty day for benching -> no more normal bench today.

- Lateral raises, dumbbells: 12 + 11 + 10 @ 12kg

- Dips: 17 (PB) + 13 + 10 @ bw

- Incline bench press, barbell: 5 + 6 + 4 @ 60kg

- Standing shoulder press, curl bar: 4 + 5 + 5 @ 44kg

• 2 weeks later...

I've had loads of bboying things so I have been unable to work out. Now back in business!

Sat 4th October

1h bboying

Mon 6th October

2h 15min bboying

Wed 8th October

1h 45min bboying

Thu 9th October

1h 45min bboying

Fri 10th October

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 7 + 6 + 5 @ 82kg

- Deep squats, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 6 + 5 + @ 84kg

- Clean & press, curl bar: 6 + 7 + 7 @ 40kg (Is it power clean or muscle clean where I keep my legs almost straight all the time? That's how I did those)

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 10 + 8 + 8 @ 40kg

- Lateral raises, dumbbells: 13 + 10 + 10 @ 12kg

More soon!

edit: evening weight almost 180 lbs (over 81kg).

@ xphilx: Thanks mate! Agree, gotta look good in disco!

@ xjohanx: I AM as disco as it gets! Also, I am getting quite good results with my disco training.

Sun 12th October

Still a bit sore from the last training. Just deadlifts today. FYI: 150kg = 330lbs and 130kg = 287lbs.

Deadlift: warm up @ 70kg, then 1 @ 118kg, 2 @ 150kg, 1 @ 150kg, 1 @ 130kg

-> I realized that I need gloves. My hands hurt. -> I found some old gloves and took some more reps:

6 @ 130kg, 5 @ 130kg.

EDIT EDIT EDIT!!! EVENING WEIGHT 81.6 KG = 180 LBS

I could drink some water and get myself over 82 kg but I don't see a reason. I reached 180 lbs and that was my target for now. Next target: get my morning weight over 80 kg (176-177lbs) all the time. Now I am a bit less if I'm a bit dehydrated.

- Clean & press, curl bar: 6 + 7 + 7 @ 40kg (Is it power clean or muscle clean where I keep my legs almost straight all the time? That's how I did those)

If you mean that you catch the bar with your legs allmost straight it is a power clean. If you mean you keep your legs allmost straight all the way from the floor, then you really need to improve the technique .

I'd imagine you get a really strange angle at the wrists using a curl bar for cleans?

Thanks bronco! Actually I did it like the vid above, so I didn't lift the cleans from the floor. Guess it's actually not clean at all but I got good pump with it so it's all good.

Mon 13th October

- Bench press, barbell: warmup @ 50kg & 62kg, 1 @ 94kg (super easy), f @ 100kg (lolfail), f @ 100kg (REALLY close!), 7 + 6 + 5 @ 82kg

- Dips: 13 + 13 + 8 @ bw

- Clean & press, curl bar: 5 + 5 + 5 @ 45kg (like last time)

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 9 + 7 + 7 @ 45kg

Next time I'll take that mf'ing 100kg (220lbs) bench press. I already thought I got it but about halfway there I lost my strength.

Thanks bronco! Actually I did it like the vid above, so I didn't lift the cleans from the floor. Guess it's actually not clean at all but I got good pump with it so it's all good.

Hang powerclean then . For the record the technique in that video is pretty suboptimal.

Suboptimal if you want to move as much weight as possible maybe, but it's a bodybuilding C&P. It's not about strength really.

You're right, I mean suboptimal as far as proper clean technique goes. If it is more or less effective for building muscle I am not really sure, it depends I guess.

Thanks bronco, now I know what I'm doing!

Haha xjohanx I can try and ask people "Do you want to eat me?"

@ Robert, awesome if I can motivate you! Keep pumpin and keep getting bigger!

Wed 15th October

1h 45min bboying

Fri 17th October

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 7 + 7 + 5 @ 82kg (last time 7 + 6 + 5 -> progress!)

- Hang power clean, curl bar: 3 + 3 + 1½ @ 50 kg (heavy s**t!)

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 6 + 4 + 4 @ 50kg (110lbs! but these were fugly)

I have a headache so I'll continue tomorrow or on Sunday.

Sun 19th October

- Deep squats, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 8 + 7 + 6 @ 84kg (reps going up all the time!)

- Deadlifts, just some singles @ 50, 92 and 130kg... felt weak after squats -> I'll do them properly in a couple of days

- Bent-over row, barbell: 7 + 7 + 7 @ 92kg

- Shrugs, barbell: 10 + 10 + 9 @ 92kg

• 2 weeks later...

Mon 20th October

2h 15min bboying

Wed 22nd October

1h 45min bboying

Thu 23rd October

4 hours walking and running, sharing flyers.

Mon 27th October

2h 15min bboying

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 12 @ 70kg, 9 + 7 @ 76kg

- Hang power clean, barbell: a couple of sets @ 53kg, reps less than 10 per set. Also some clean & presses with same weights.

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 5 @ 50kg, then 11 + 10 @ 40kg

- Bent-over rows, barbell: 10 + 8 + 10 @ 84kg

Thu 23rd October

4 hours walking and running, sharing flyers.

Are they afraid of you? I would, if someone, who had as big arms like yours would approach me with a flyer. What flyers you were sharing?

We mostly shared those flyers to mailboxes, that explains the running. I ran for city council of Turku from the Green party. Here's my flyer:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/tuc_finland/Tuukan_sikahieno_flaikku.jpg

and here's an ad for the internet:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/tuc_finland/mauttomin_vaalimainos_ikina.jpg

The text says: Kids to the gym and protein to vegetarian food in schools

I got 149 votes, I almost got through as a vice counselor (was the first one who didn't got through from the Green party). My gf did even better and she's now a vice counselor. With the votes I got I will be getting seats in some boards, which is great. I got 6th largest number of votes from all the Green men here in Turku and 2nd largest number of votes of men below 30 years. Unfortunately, it's really hard to get through as a man from the list of the Green party since most people who vote for the Greens vote for women only.

My themes were pretty much pro-vegetarian which obviously means that my voters are great people.

The Green party, which is pro-vegetarian became the THIRD largest party in my home city, Turku, with 15,9 % support. Nationwide, we have 3 large parties (National Coalition = like Republicans but way more left, The Center Party = hicks, SDP = Social Democratic Party) who all have like 20 % support. In the future, the Green party will be among the large 3 large ones since most of the young people vote for the Greens or National Coalition.

Also, in the capital of Finland, Helsinki, the Greens took a huge win and became the SECOND largest party! Nationwide we now have 9 % support.

Tue 28th October

- Deadlifts, barbell: warm up @ 84kg, then 1 @ 122kg, 1 @ 164kg, 1 @ 174,4kg, 3 @ 152,4kg

- Shrugs, barbell: 3 x 6 @ 122kg (this also included 3 x 1 @ 122kg deadlifts )

Personal best once again. Last pb in dl was 172kg.

Wed 29th October

1h 45min bboying

Sat 1st November

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 8 + 6 + 5 @ 82kg

- Deep squat, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 7 + 7 + 7 @ 82kg

- Ben-over rows, barbell: 11 + 11 + 11 @ 84kg

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 6 + 5 @ 50kg, 10 @ 40kg

The Green party, which is pro-vegetarian became the THIRD largest party in my home city, Turku, with 15,9 % support. Nationwide, we have 3 large parties (National Coalition = like Republicans but way more left, The Center Party = hicks, SDP = Social Democratic Party) who all have like 20 % support. In the future, the Green party will be among the large 3 large ones since most of the young people vote for the Greens or National Coalition.

Also, in the capital of Finland, Helsinki, the Greens took a huge win and became the SECOND largest party! Nationwide we now have 9 % support.

wow, I wish it was like that where I live, and in the rest of the world! I wonder what Joe thinks about that