flat bench press 111#x12x2

incline bench press 100#x9, 8

flat db flyes 38.5#x12x2

1 arm db rows 45#x12x2

seated alternating curls 31#x11, 8

false grip reverse curls 50#x12x2

donkey kickback 15#x8x2

standing press 52.5#x15x2

I also unloaded, hand trucked and shelved a van full of food today, as I often do.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried the mini-trampoline. Not good. My right knee is still easily pained and the calf is strained from favoring the knee. It's been a long time since I ran. The problem has been working on it, including a lot of lifting and carrying cases of food, most of which are 25 to 45 pounds. I wish I could take the time off to let it heal properly.

Trying to start an abs campaign, something I need most and conveniently forget. My nephew showed me crunches with feet up on a chair, which I'm trying to make a habit.

What a coincidence, I too just started making a daily habit of hitting the abs. nothing insane just a giant set of leg pull ins (think they might even be called laying knee bends), leg raises and crunches with legs elevated. Let me tell you, I feel it...so it's gotta be working =). The main reason I started it was to stretch and strengthen my lower back. Which is always a good idea.

Good luck with the ongoing knee issues.

My dear friend is Director of Emergency Medicine at the worst ghetto ER in Cleveland. Today he told me he thought I had cartilage damage and need to not run or do ANY load bearing exercise on that knee for a good while. He recommended bicycling.

Finally lifted again. My nephew gave me two 50 lb hex dumbbells as motivation. Skipped the kickbacks as my elbow doesn't seem to like them.

flat bench 115x11, 9

incline bench 95x10, 8

flat db flyes 41x9, 11

1 arm db rows 45x12x2

seated curls 31x8x2

false grip reverse curl 52.5x12x2

press 57.5x15, 11

Mmm popcorn.

What do you think about switching to swimming? That was some advice I got, but I'm not gonna take it. It's so much trouble to lug all that gear around and wash all those towels.

I think bicycling is fun though! What if you hooked up a bike trailer and made deliveries by pedal power?

Thanks for reading and for your suggestions.

Swimming would be great, but I can't afford to join any place with a pool soon.

Delivering the 41,000 lbs my small program moved in the past year would have been a challenge on a bike. The other program I work for has received around six tons of food in the last week alone.

flat bench 115x12, 11

incline bench 95x11, 10

flat db flyes 41x10, 11

1 arm dumbbell row 50x12x2

seated curl 31x10x2

false grip reverse curls 55x12x2

standing press 57.5x12x2

lateral raises 11x11x2

Been doing crunches most days.

Yesterday I Ioaded and unloaded then stacked or shelved 5300# of cased foods. That work exercises my grip and back especially.

Right knee is still not well and calf is still strained from favoring it.

flat bench 115x12x2

incline bench 97.5x11, 9

flat db flyes 41x12x2

1 arm bent over db rows 50x12x2

seated alternating curls 31x9, 12

false grip reverse curls 60x12x2

standing press 60x15, 12

lateral raises 11x12x2

Joined Fitness19 today. It doesn't open for 6 weeks, so I was able to lock in my rate at $12 per month. Also the membership fee before they open the location is $12 rather than $199.

It's been over a week since I lifted, which is a bit depressing. My trip to the chiropractor last week left me with a sore knee and ELBOW. I'd waited a log time to deal with this stuff and it seems things had to to be put back right so as to heal properly, as they were healing in the wrong way. I return for another chiro session today, and hopefully it will be less dramatic. My knee is sure feeling straightened out in a big way, though it didn't enjoy standing on the cold, moist lawn for so many hours at the Obama rally yesterday. I guess after 12 weeks of weights I needed a little break to rest and heal up thoroughly, though my training had already slowed significantly in the previous couple of weeks. I can't wait for my knee to heal enough to hit the cardio hard when Fitness19 finally opens in a few weeks. While I'm not doing cardio or lifting I should be cutting calories.

It's over 2 weeks since I lifted. My elbow and knee still hurt, probably due to the warehouse work I've been unable to avoid. Many tons of canned foods that need all to much handling in my 2 highly inefficient warehouse spaces have kept the injuries from healing. I really want to be ready when the gym I joined opens in a few weeks!

Losing muscle: 212.9 lbs (64 bf, 30.1%!)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 3 1/2 weeks since my left elbow allowed me to lift weights, about 9 since my right knee stopped my running. I could be exercising more, but I haven't. I repeatedly re-injure myself while doing heavy warehouse work for the charities I run, which leaves me tired with negative fitness gains. Acupuncture, Chinese herbal formulas, and chiropractic have all been helpful, but ultimately failed due to lack of rest. I'm taking off tomorrow. I desperately want to be well healed in a few weeks when I'll begin a new, recommitted, cardio and weight training program at the gym I joined before it opened. A recommitted hatha yoga practice is what I need most. Food wise I've been back to my bad habits of too little food in the day, too much in the night. I didn't post my weekly numbers yesterday and they follow:

212.8# 63.6 bf 29.9% After this I'll post them monthly.

Thanks for reading and good health to you.

Rest is just as important as training, especially when it comes to meeting goals. Don't feel bad about taking off ANY amount of time to heal up or tend to injuries. Just think of it as PROGRESS towards meeting your goals. I mean if we stretch to avoid injuries and rest inbetween sets to replenish our energy. Then taking time off from the stress that training places on our body is VERY acceptable.

So again Johnny, you're still on track!